Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

lots of people laughed when brendan rodgers

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:28 pm

signed as manager of swansea i remember loads saying they will go down after they brought him in :roll:
whoever the club decides to pick and if its someone like robins etc lets give him our support because we might unearth a cracking up and coming manager who may have contacts at other clubs including mr ferguson :ayatollah:

Re: lots of people laughed when brendan rodgers

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:29 pm

jinks-rct wrote:signed as manager of swansea i remember loads saying they will go down after they brought him in :roll:
whoever the club decides to pick and if its someone like robins etc lets give him our support because we might unearth a cracking up and coming manager who may have contacts at other clubs including mr ferguson :ayatollah:

i said they;d go down :oops: :oops:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Rodgers had an easier job that at other places though; inherited a squad playing a particular style of football.

Didn't really need to rebuild at all; used contacts with Chelsea to get Sinclair and then Borini on loan.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:34 pm

robins has done ok with no funds and im sure hes really up for the challenge and hungry to be successful if its robins houghton or whoever i will trust the clubs judgement :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:35 pm

personally think, Di Matteo, Hughton, Malkay and Robins can gain promotion at city.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:36 pm

How could u pick robins before hughton,di matteo,these 2 would unite the club and give everyone a lift,I feel robins would nt,he never been at a club challenging for promotion in championship.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:signed as manager of swansea i remember loads saying they will go down after they brought him in :roll:

i said they;d go down :oops: :oops:

I thought they would struggle to be fair.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:57 pm

ngriffiths wrote:How could u pick robins before hughton,di matteo,these 2 would unite the club and give everyone a lift,I feel robins would nt,he never been at a club challenging for promotion in championship.

Are you saying that Di Matteo or Hughton would be the fans choice?, whereas A supposedly lesser manager e.g Robins wouldn't be up to the task. We fans haven't been in the interview room during these interviews so we don't know what makes these men tick, If Robins or anyone else for that matter have impressed enough to jump ahead of the people's choices then that's good enough for me. This decision will not have been taken lightly.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:11 pm

When Sousa was jerks manager I thought they would struggle but they came close that season however when Rodgers was appointed I never under estimated him as they already had Jackett's/Martinez squad with aload of his players thrown in.

Sousa struggled when he went to Leicester cos he needed to rebuild and obivously he fucked up.

Its all about the right contacts.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:14 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:
ngriffiths wrote:How could u pick robins before hughton,di matteo,these 2 would unite the club and give everyone a lift,I feel robins would nt,he never been at a club challenging for promotion in championship.

Are you saying that Di Matteo or Hughton would be the fans choice?, whereas A supposedly lesser manager e.g Robins wouldn't be up to the task. We fans haven't been in the interview room during these interviews so we don't know what makes these men tick, If Robins or anyone else for that matter have impressed enough to jump ahead of the people's choices then that's good enough for me. This decision will not have been taken lightly.

exactly what i think. whats to say robins woudnt be the manager to take us forward? only the people doing the interviews will have more idea :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:15 am

ross1927 wrote:When Sousa was jerks manager I thought they would struggle but they came close that season however when Rodgers was appointed I never under estimated him as they already had Jackett's/Martinez squad with aload of his players thrown in.

Sousa struggled when he went to Leicester cos he needed to rebuild and obivously he fucked up.

Its all about the right contacts.

will robins have contacts in the game? i think he will and maybe at man united aswell?

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:30 am

A lot of jacks were underwhelmed when Brend first arrived.And as someone's quite rightly said,he inherited a good squad which was perfectly in tune with his own ethos.Bringing in Sinclair was obviously a shrewd move but the one bit of business he done which was more significant,i believe,was the timing of the Borini deal.We were on a bit of a bad run and looked like falling away a bit.Borini coming in was a massive shot in the arm and we never looked back really.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 am

blackswan wrote:A lot of jacks were underwhelmed when Brend first arrived.And as someone's quite rightly said,he inherited a good squad which was perfectly in tune with his own ethos.Bringing in Sinclair was obviously a shrewd move but the one bit of business he done which was more significant,i believe,was the timing of the Borini deal.We were on a bit of a bad run and looked like falling away a bit.Borini coming in was a massive shot in the arm and we never looked back really.

and we brought in j lloyd samuel :roll: and the rest is history :(

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:42 am

jinks-rct wrote:
blackswan wrote:A lot of jacks were underwhelmed when Brend first arrived.And as someone's quite rightly said,he inherited a good squad which was perfectly in tune with his own ethos.Bringing in Sinclair was obviously a shrewd move but the one bit of business he done which was more significant,i believe,was the timing of the Borini deal.We were on a bit of a bad run and looked like falling away a bit.Borini coming in was a massive shot in the arm and we never looked back really.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:51 am

jinks-rct wrote:

:shock: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:09 am

the right man should be a born leader and an influential figure,and have exellent people skills(ips) he will then gain the respect of the players and us fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: