Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF THE CLUB ARE GOING FOR ROBINS

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:23 pm

Or Shearer.

They should take a leaf out of Randy Lerner's book and see that the fans don't want him.

Lerner didn't interview McClaren after he saw what Villa fans were saying online.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: IF THE CLUB ARE GOING FOR ROBINS

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Shearer won't come, I just can't see it.... But please noooooo not robins, I'd be gutted houghton the fans want let's have him!!!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Mark Robins has been pushing himself like mad on our club and struck a friendship up with Gethin Jenkins. Sorry if we get him as manager, we will be going backwards just my opinion. But I will Support him :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mark Robins has been pushing himself like mad on our club and struck a friendship up with Gethin Jenkins. Sorry if we get him as manager, we will be going backwards just my opinion. But I will Support him :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Mark Robins has been pushing himself like mad on our club and struck a friendship up with Gethin Jenkins. Sorry if we get him as manager, we will be going backwards just my opinion. But I will Support him :ayatollah:

Out of interest, why do you consider appointing Robins as going backwards? He has done very well at the two clubs he has managed given the lack of resources he had at both.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:43 pm

NJ73 wrote:

Out of interest, why do you consider appointing Robins as going backwards? He has done very well at the two clubs he has managed given the lack of resources he had at both.

fair point, not like barnsley were fighting for promotion when he wasnt there

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:45 pm

This choice will show the anbition of the club Robins has a 31% win ratio at Barnsley which is not great would you honestly give him 20ml NO CHANCE it has to be Hughton he is the only one i can see to get us up. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:47 pm

birchblue wrote:This choice will show the anbition of the club Robins has a 31% win ratio at Barnsley which is not great would you honestly give him 20ml NO CHANCE it has to be Hughton he is the only one i can see to get us up. :ayatollah:

Jason, Personally NO I would not, but then Dave Jones got £16 Mill :shock:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:48 pm

I have to agree, and say that I would be a bit disappointed if we went with Robins. But you never know, he could do a very good job.
It's an odd thing with football. You get players who look like world beaters at one club, and then they go to a different club and look like a Sunday league player. It's the same with managers to a certain extent.

Who knows, he may 'click' with us and be a top class manager.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Not Robins for me. Hughton, Di Matteo or Mackay and give them that £20m budget.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:52 pm

Jones at Cardiff had a 41% win ratio
Hughton 55% win ratio at newcastle
Robins 31% win ratio Barnsley

So by looking at these stats its a massive step back won't be happy. :evil:
And this will show the club have no ambition if Robins gets the job.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:55 pm

birchblue wrote:Jones at Cardiff had a 41% win ratio

Those stats mean nothing though unless put into context. The resources Robins had at Barnsley were far inferior to with Jones or Hughton.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:59 pm

NJ73 wrote:

Those stats mean nothing though unless put into context. The resources Robins had at Barnsley were far inferior to with Jones or Hughton.

yes you said it he has never had the money so what idiot would give him 20ml.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:00 pm

I don't get all this about Robins, I thought the favourites were Mackay, Hughton and Di Matteo ?

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:01 pm

birchblue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

dont think thats the point birch, NJ is saying with £20mil he can play around with the sqaud and adds new ones as he likes and could push for promotion.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:I don't get all this about Robins, I thought the favourites were Mackay, Hughton and Di Matteo ?

Same here......

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
birchblue wrote:This choice will show the anbition of the club Robins has a 31% win ratio at Barnsley which is not great would you honestly give him 20ml NO CHANCE it has to be Hughton he is the only one i can see to get us up. :ayatollah:

Jason, Personally NO I would not, but then Dave Jones got £16 Mill :shock:

Annis,do you think something has happened behind the scenes for robins to be in the reckoning?I honestly thought di metteo or hughton was nailed on to become our new manager (maybe 1 of them or both has turned it down) :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:06 pm

or the bookies are dicking around to get more money...if they make robins favourite, people will bet on robins and all of a sudden "BREAKING NEWS: CARDIFF CITY REVEAL CHRIS HUGHTON AS NEW MANAGER" :D

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:or the bookies are dicking around to get more money...if they make robins favourite, people will bet on robins and all of a sudden "BREAKING NEWS: CARDIFF CITY REVEAL CHRIS HUGHTON AS NEW MANAGER" :D

I really hope so. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:12 pm

nj is right got to back whoever it is there must have been a few eyebrows raised when rodgers was appointed :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Whar!?!?!? Like you did Jones???

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:18 pm

There is so much negativity about Robins.

Look, would he be my first choice ? Probably not.

Would I rather see him that someone like Gordon Strachan or Ian Dowie ? 100% yes.

The way I look at it, he did an incredible job at Rotherham, he damn near took them up despite a 17 point deduction. The Rotherham fans were absolutely gutted when he left.

At Barnsley he lept them up twice, despite the club having no money and having to field plenty of kids and lower league freebies.

If he get's the job, he will have got it because he really wants it and has shown passion and desire for the job. Sure we could all cynically say that he only got the job because he was cheap but let's give the lad the benefit of the doubt.

It already seems like the doom- mongers are writing him off before the start. It's no wonder this club achieves f**k all, we are beaten before we set foot on the pitch !

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:06 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:There is so much negativity about Robins.

Look, would he be my first choice ? Probably not.

Would I rather see him that someone like Gordon Strachan or Ian Dowie ? 100% yes.

The way I look at it, he did an incredible job at Rotherham, he damn near took them up despite a 17 point deduction. The Rotherham fans were absolutely gutted when he left.

At Barnsley he lept them up twice, despite the club having no money and having to field plenty of kids and lower league freebies.

If he get's the job, he will have got it because he really wants it and has shown passion and desire for the job. Sure we could all cynically say that he only got the job because he was cheap but let's give the lad the benefit of the doubt.

It already seems like the doom- mongers are writing him off before the start. It's no wonder this club achieves f**k all, we are beaten before we set foot on the pitch !

Well said Alfie, agree with everything you say.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Agree with Alfie on this, although I would be surprised if he is the first choice.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:15 pm

birchblue wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

If your budget is £20 mill then whoever gets the job gets the money to play with, you can't say person A can be trusted more with £20 mill than person B, £20mill's the budget so whoever becomes the manager then gets the money. If you can't be 100% sure the new man will use the budget wisely then why pick him as manager? if he's good enough to be given the job he's good enough to have the full budget that anyone else would get.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:17 pm

doesnt say much for him though sucking up to gethin to strike up a friendship,lets hope he doesnt fall for that...the thing is theres better that have been interviewed and surely the malaysians know they have to have a man in whose either got promotion before or good enough to get it both di matteo and hughton have it on there cv,s ...if they want to go up they have to get one of them or if we dont start well the fans will be on the news guys back straight away calling for his head ...we all know it,ll happen.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:24 pm

d20 wrote:doesnt say much for him though sucking up to gethin to strike up a friendship,lets hope he doesnt fall for that...the thing is theres better that have been interviewed and surely the malaysians know they have to have a man in whose either got promotion before or good enough to get it both di matteo and hughton have it on there cv,s ...if they want to go up they have to get one of them or if we dont start well the fans will be on the news guys back straight away calling for his head ...we all know it,ll happen.

I don't know what you mean in your opening line but there is more to appointing a manager or anyone to a job than a shiny CV.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:42 pm

d20 wrote:doesnt say much for him though sucking up to gethin to strike up a friendship,lets hope he doesnt fall for that...the thing is theres better that have been interviewed and surely the malaysians know they have to have a man in whose either got promotion before or good enough to get it both di matteo and hughton have it on there cv,s ...if they want to go up they have to get one of them or if we dont start well the fans will be on the news guys back straight away calling for his head ...we all know it,ll happen.

The final decision will be taken by the Malaysians and that's as it should be, so Robins could suck up to Jenkins as much as he likes but TG and VT will make the correct decision regardless of any sucking up to one of their employees, These men are ruthless businessmen who can spot a winner when they see one, they're not "winners" in business by luck or chance, they probably vet potential managers for their other business's on a regular basis so I doubt they would choose a lame duck for our next manager, more likely somebody that shows that something that makes them stand out amongst other good candidates (and plenty of good candidates have applied for the job), they will select the right man for the job of that I'm confident and if that man turns out to be Robins then I'll be comfortable with that decision and look forward to a succesful season ahead :ayatollah: :ayatollah: