Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chopra disliked

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Only time will tell if we will miss Chopra However knowing a number of the back room staff he will not be really missed by the staff or most players apparently he is the most disliked member of the playing staff .
I have never meet Chopra so can only state what was stated to me but by all accounts he was just rude to staff and a big time Charlie and will not be missed by many apart from the fans.
I really think if he got fit again he would be hard to replace

Re: Chopra disliked

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:58 pm

a good team have good team spirit and everyone knows chopra is up his own arse s if what you say is true its best he does leave but if we were to judge him on his football he wil be hard to replace

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:00 pm

Certainly disliked by me for parking in a disabled bay twice !!!!

Also, I sent him the photo of the tackle that put him out for three months following the Doncaster game, he had it as his facebook profile picture, didn't even say thanks !

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:12 pm

I met hi a few times down the vale with my little boy, he use to shout to chops , hello Mr Mike chopra ,he would just look as if he had a sour grape in his mouth. But I must be honest about DJ, he use to see him and always talk to him, as did super Kev and Kienan held his hand tlaking to him walking back to the Vale Building .

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:48 pm

could of been england striker IF he really wanted but drink etc has recked it for him. he prob bang loads goals in where ever he goes but i suppose we find some one replace him when he goes ............. don't no who :shock:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:58 pm

I dont know about whether he is disliked or not but the fact of the matter is that he has been/is earning a very good salary to be a professional footballer and with that comes the responsibility of being fit and able to play football at a high level. It was clearly apparent that towards the end of last season he wasn't fit. Every city fan i spoke to commented, without prompting, about how much weight he had put on, his fitness levels dropped and with the rumours of drinking and the gambling addiction he has, i was told incidentally, from a good source that he was borrowing money from the other players at the beginning of the season, it is a good move for the club. he clearly wasn't the player he was and i doubt whether this time next year we would get the same money for him. a good move for him and for us is my view. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Look In the World of Football we never know whats waiting around the corner, When We bought Chops back from the Mack'ms 99.9% of Us were ecstatic, So He did something right, I'll miss Him Truth be said :old: !!

Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:30 pm

I met him once at a function - didn't come across as a particularly likeable chap I must say - a little egotistical. In stark contrast to a lot of the other players who are great.