Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our striker situation.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Is shocking at the moment looks like chops as gone or as good as. Which leaves us with Parkin :old: we need atleast two decent strikers and they won't come cheap. Hope the malasians are going to dig deep :ayatollah:

Re: Our striker situation.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:41 pm

I agree. Still, we are saving a fortune on wages this summer! :lol:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:42 pm

Scott88 wrote:Is shocking at the moment looks like chops as gone or as good as. Which leaves us with Parkin :old: we need atleast two decent strikers and they won't come cheap. Hope the malasians are going to dig deep :ayatollah:

They need to if they want promotion this yeah, it will be a mirical if we go up this year.

We have f*ck all, its scary really how much of a squad we have left. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:47 pm

miracles happen sometimes :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Look at Bellamy who'd have thought it eh!

I'm sure there will be a few surprises in the weeks to come and some good ones at that. I have no source just belief. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:17 pm

think a couple of good names will come in but i think we will bring in a handful of players who we will give a chance, like adam le fondre, although he is banging in the goals in league 2...he may prove to be a great signing for us if we did go in for him. can't wait to see who we bring in. players who actually want to play for the club.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:05 pm

im focusing on the new managerial post rather than strikers atm :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:16 pm

To much team rebuilding to do now, honestly cant see us challenging for promotion next season. Takes a good season for a near enough hole new team to gel.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:19 pm

the sun is shining, the weather is sweet here ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:54 pm

I am looking forward to a fresh start the new manager will be in soon followed by new players.

Lets wait and see what happens first before we start to judge

Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:39 am

bring back leo fortune west, that will sort our situation :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:45 am

our situation won't be as bad when Bellamy signs, which is inevitable it seems as he wants out of Man City and they want out of 70k a week.

Parkin the target man, Bellmay the goal scorer and Jarvis the development player.

Only need 1 or 2 in their and we've got a strikeforce again.

Got to remember we only played with 1 striker this season between Bothroyd and Chopra as they both went missing for half the year.