Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Statement RE: Manager Search

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:45 pm

Cardiff City FC Chief Executive Gethin Jenkins has today spoken of recent developments in the search for a new manager.

"In line with the stature of the club today, it's no surprise that the level of interest in the position has been high," he said.

"Over the last week we have held discussions with representatives of interested parties and have consulted with various football experts to get feedback on potential candidates.

"We will now take the next steps towards appointing a manager who we feel can take our club forward. Our work will continue this week, from which a full announcement will be made on an appointment, which could be next week.

"I'm sure all Cardiff City supporters would like an announcement made as soon as possible, but based on the importance of the decision it's imperative that we consider all factors in the best interest of our club. Until the appointment is made it would be inappropriate for us to discuss speculation or confirm whether we have met any specific candidates."

Source: http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 53,00.html

Re: Cardiff City Statement RE: Manager Search

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:03 pm

Why do I have a felling that this statement is a wait for it one............... :( I dont think the club is looking for credentials in a manager, I hope Im wrong but it looks like who is going to be the cheapest.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:09 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :cry: next week,
I understand the importance of getting the right man, but were losing valuable time on the market front.
when do the players have to return for duty ???

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Next bloodly week! not good enough, we need take advantage of the players out there and available NOW, it's all well and good having the right manager, granted it's super important, but the time he is appointed he will be looking at the scraps left over in the player pool!

Come on Gethin, get your finger out buddy.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:19 pm

On the other hand perhaps it's a delay tactic as they have lost their number 1 choice???

Mr Jol, I'm looking at you

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:20 pm

I hope they have asked Sam for his input. 8-)

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:20 pm

"Could" be next week??? There again, could be tomorrow. :?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:22 pm

why is anyone surprised?

They Malaysians have shown throughout they are slow, well thought out and methodical over there decisions and good on them for it too. They are clearly bringing there highly successful business mentality to the football club.

If it is the weekend, someone text me, I'm at the IOW festival so won't find out :p

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Here we go again....

Its only June lads

We never had a team til three weeks before the start of last season
even Rhys Weston got asked to play in one friendly to make up the
numbers :lol:

Dont panic.

More haste less speed, this is a massive decision for the clubs future
it doesnt show uncertaintly, just thoroughness!!!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:14 pm

I would rather they took longer to get the right man than rush and get the wrong one.

Funny though how everyones biggest annoyance with the club was the lack of information or statements being issued, in the last couple of weeks they have released a few and all people have done is nit pick them and have a go at the club for it.
Maybe they are better off being quiet?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:49 pm

taffyapple wrote:Here we go again....

Its only June lads

We never had a team til three weeks before the start of last season
even Rhys Weston got asked to play in one friendly to make up the
numbers :lol:

Dont panic.

More haste less speed, this is a massive decision for the clubs future
it doesnt show uncertaintly, just thoroughness!!!

exactly we didnt have a team til 3 weeks before the start of last season ...meaning it took longer to get the team fully fit and working well together and we're still in the championship ...so sooner the better !

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:23 pm

I hope some of the experts they have spoken to include johan cruyff and pep guardiola :D