Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

are we missing the BIGGEST opportunity in our history?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:16 am

I know people are probably getting bored of MON threads but I really think this could be a defining moment in our history. We may NEVER get a manger anywhere near as good as MON he is a top 5 premiership manager! The majority of the teams in the prem would love to have him he has NEVER failed at any club. MON believes we are club with huge potential and he can see he could achieve amazing things with us. I know he is asking for a lot of money but it has to be worth the gamble because I can't EVER see us getting an opportunity to get a manger of this calibre again. I would go so far to say if we can only have oneil or bellamy then it be bye bye craig sorry. I would love them both here tho! So go on VT use your mcdonalds money and get MON here please believe me it would be the greatest moment in our history! :ayatollah:

Re: are we missing the BIGGEST opportunity in our history?

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:19 am

does going for a big name proven manager work tho , remember this time last year who had heared of Brendon Rodgers ? I for one laughed when the Jacks appointed him coz I thought he was a nobody Ive never heared of .

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:39 am

I understand what you mean about rodgers but this is MON. He's a top draw manager I believe in 5 years we would defo be a comfortable prem team with no chance of relegation. I even think if he was wales manager we would qualify for a tournament!!!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:59 am

trotskie wrote:I understand what you mean about rodgers but this is MON. He's a top draw manager I believe in 5 years we would defo be a comfortable prem team with no chance of relegation. I even think if he was wales manager we would qualify for a tournament!!!

In his time at Villa, David O'Leary had a better record in terms of the money spent and the league position they maintained. :o

I'm not trying to criticise any potential manager here, but we can all build up an image of certain managers who have appeared on tv a lot, and maybe they look like they've got some 'character', whilst ignoring the facts.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:04 am

David O'leary took Leeds Utd all the way to the Champions League semi final (2nd leg) in their first ever time in the competition!

food for thought there.....

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:06 am

If Hughton is the man then why did NUFC get rid of him after winning promotion ??