Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Manager Interview

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:35 pm

Glad the club management are not rushing to make a decision, and giving every applicant a chance for an interview. This could be the biggest decision they will ever make, and probably in the history of the club for a very long time. It'll be very important to look at each candidate carefully and what they can potentially bring to Cardiff.

I dont envy the tough decision the board have to make, but it does show how far the club has come in the short space of time. I started supporting Cardiff since 1998, and I use to remember as a kid, that we had to drag the managers from the streets just to manage us. We all should be grateful how far we have come, Cardiff isnt just a club, its a club which connects the whole of South Wales Valleys as far as Monmouthshire and Neath Port Talbot to the club, mainly due to the rich history and heritage of the club with the coal mines, and other local industry

For the very first time, we have had quality applicants applying for us, they may not be sir alex ferg or Rafa Benitez (who are on higher salaries) but managers who have real passion to succeed, if thats not a success, well I dont know what is. We've got a brand new stadium, improved training facilities and a new house of sport, few years ago the players were training in the car park of Trefforest football grounds.

Whilst I am not a big fan of Sam Hamman, I will give him credit for kickstarting our ambitions to become a better club, and bringing back the pride of being a Welsh club "YES I AM A SHEEP SHAGGER" :ayatollah:
In that time we have gained promotions from the lower league to the present day championship, experienced an FA cup Wembley cup final, a play-off final and finishing in the top 6 for the past 2 seasons. I can only believe we will get better, and whoever the manager of our club will be, I hope every city fan will back him, and the players.

All i can is, bring on next season, I'LL BE THERE 2011/2012 SEASON :ayatollah:

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!