Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mark Robins

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:11 pm

We were all wondering why he appeared from nowhere as odds-on favourite. Today I was reliably informed that the Malaysians are seriously considering him. Mark Robins did superbly at Rotherham and parted company with Barnsley due to the clubs'limited resources. He has become one of the most talked about young managers within the game and with the right funding at a proper club could prove to be a diamond. I did wonder myself why he was so high up in the betting Market but today I was given enough reasons as to why. There still could be a twist in the story yet this week

Re: Mark Robins

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:14 pm

You're more of a tease than Annis ;)

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:16 pm

CityGent wrote:We were all wondering why he appeared from nowhere as odds-on favourite. Today I was reliably informed that the Malaysians are seriously considering him. Mark Robins did superbly at Rotherham and parted company with Barnsley due to the clubs'limited resources. He has become one of the most talked about young managers within the game and with the right funding at a proper club could prove to be a diamond. I did wonder myself why he was so high up in the betting Market but today I was given enough reasons as to why. There still could be a twist in the story yet this week

He would be another good choice imo.

Well connected and very ambitious.

He's been hamstrung so far by managing 2 clubs on the bones of their arses. Let's see how he'd fair at a club that is only semi skint ! :lol:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:19 pm

PhatFrog wrote:You're more of a tease than Annis ;)

;-). I was a little surprised to hear myself Hannah, but the person who said it and is very prominent within the club thinks Mark Robins has a great chance of getting the job

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:20 pm

You can question where is the ambition of the Malaysians and are they trying to do things on the cheap, however promotion is not a guarantee whoever is appointed. Chris Hughton took Newcastle back up with a experienced premiership squad and in all fairness did a good job whilst still their manager in the prem but as a manager that is his achievement, the point Im making is that while we scoff at the likes of Mark Robins, who knows what his capabilities are with the right resources. We have no option but to trust in the judgement of the appointee's. Time will tell I suppose

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:27 pm

CityGent wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:You're more of a tease than Annis ;)

;-). I was a little surprised to hear myself Hannah, but the person who said it and is very prominent within the club thinks Mark Robins has a great chance of getting the job

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:28 pm

CityGent wrote:We were all wondering why he appeared from nowhere as odds-on favourite. Today I was reliably informed that the Malaysians are seriously considering him. Mark Robins did superbly at Rotherham and parted company with Barnsley due to the clubs'limited resources. He has become one of the most talked about young managers within the game and with the right funding at a proper club could prove to be a diamond. I did wonder myself why he was so high up in the betting Market but today I was given enough reasons as to why. There still could be a twist in the story yet this week

Anthony they have not even interviewed Robins yet or met him yet.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:35 pm

I was as shocked as anyone Annis, to see him so well thought of on the betting exchanges. What I was told today though I now believe he's a front runner. His wage demands would possibly be the lowest of all the applicants too

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:36 pm

CityGent wrote:I was as shocked as anyone Annis, to see him so well thought of on the betting exchanges. What I was told today though I know believe he's a front runner. His wage demands would possibly be the lowest of all the applicants too

I agree his wages will be prob a third of Hughtons.