A forum for all things Cardiff City

Next year it will be......

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:58 pm

50 years since you was last in the First Division/Premier League :shock:

That's a long long time.

Is the stat right,seems ludicrous?

Re: Next year it will be......

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:59 pm

well its an even number...could be our year ;)

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:00 pm

and when was you last in the F.A.CUP FINAL. ;)

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:05 pm

blackswan wrote:50 years since you was last in the First Division/Premier League :shock:

That's a long long time.

Think it was 1962 when we got relegated. Shame i was born in 72......

Ridiculous that city of Cardiffs size does not have an established premiership team or at least Brum/WBA type team. Embarrassing that our 'smaller' neighbours have got there on a smaller budget. Just proves money cant buy success.

Hopefully we'll get there one day-i wont count on it though. 30 years of hurt.........Feel sorry for my boys-living in Hampshire and constantly getting piss taken by Man Ure/Chelski fans. However my lads watch their team through thick and thin and would be there if we were in conference or prem league....

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:10 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
blackswan wrote:50 years since you was last in the First Division/Premier League :shock:

That's a long long time.

Think it was 1962 when we got relegated. Shame i was born in 72......

Ridiculous that city of Cardiffs size does not have an established premiership team or at least Brum/WBA type team. Embarrassing that our 'smaller' neighbours have got there on a smaller budget. Just proves money cant buy success.

Hopefully we'll get there one day-i wont count on it though. 30 years of hurt.........Feel sorry for my boys-living in Hampshire and constantly getting piss taken by Man Ure/Chelski fans. However my lads watch their team through thick and thin and would be there if we were in conference or prem league....

It's an incredible stat,Gareth.I always thought you was there in the 70's for some reason.

The one thing i will say is your a patient club.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:17 pm

blackswan wrote:[
It's an incredible stat,Gareth.I always thought you was there in the 70's for some reason.

The one thing i will say is your a patient club.

Sadly for me it was the early 60s. My old man remembers it well. :old:

I'm rapidly running out of patience, especially with you lot getting there 1st on significantly less resources :evil:

However we have no divine right to be there and i will keep on dreaming that we get there.

Much as i hate you lot i am kind of pleased for your die hards who were there during the petty/lewis years. What really winds me up is your new breed of fans who know nothing about the real rivalry between the clubs. Whilst i want you to lose every game you play i would likeyou to stay up if we could go up. A Welsh derby in the English Prem League would be great (as long as we won....)

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:18 pm

That's a long long time.

I thought it was 51 yrs Hmm

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

That's a long long time.

Dont you remember? I'm sure you had a season ticket didnt you.... ;)

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That's a long long time.

Dont you remember? I'm sure you had a season ticket didnt you.... ;)

:lol:
I am not that old Gareth :lol: