Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kevin McNaughton

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Good player that boy,would love him at Swansea.

Re: Kevin McNaughton

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Ur rite there mate if the squad had showed the passion and commitment that super kev and bellers did we would have been promoted IMO, player of the season and well deserved

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:21 pm

A player that would NEVER consider joining Swansea.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:25 pm

Merlin wrote:A player that would NEVER consider joining Swansea.

Too right he wouldn't

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:28 pm

How do you know that? :?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:30 pm

coz ur a bunch of cunts and super kev is ours

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:31 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:coz ur a bunch of cunts and super kev is ours

Yeah of course,i forgot about that :?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:32 pm

blackswan wrote:

For the same reason that Tate would never join us.

Naughts is a top bloke who loves CCFC and if the likes of Bothroyd and Chops had shown half his passion CCFC would be in premier league.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Currently lives in Margam, best friend is Cardiff Goalkeeping coach, Martyn Margetson... Both do alot here in the Afan Valley & Maesteg with the schools & football Academies. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Yeah,the more i think about it the more i think he'd be a great aquisition for us.Seems like a real team player who gives it 100% every game.Would be invaluable in the Premier League.

Anyone know how much he'd go for?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Consistently our best player, but strangely enough unlike lots of our squad over the last ten years hasn't been linked with any suitors. Perhaps the scouts and agents look at him and assume he's fast approaching forty judging by the hair colour. Whatever the reason, we're eternally grateful
Last edited by CityGent on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:37 pm

blackswan wrote:Yeah,the more i think about it the more i think he'd be a great aquisition for us.Seems like a real team player who gives it 100% every game.Would be invaluable in the Premier League.

£65 million and he is yours :D

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:38 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
blackswan wrote:Yeah,the more i think about it the more i think he'd be a great aquisition for us.Seems like a real team player who gives it 100% every game.Would be invaluable in the Premier League.

£65 million and he is yours :D

plus sinclair ;)

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
blackswan wrote:

Naughts is a top bloke who loves CCFC and if the likes of Bothroyd and Chops had shown half his passion CCFC would be in premier league.

Is he that much of a club man,that he'd turn down the opportunity of PL football ? Bearing in mind also that players transferring between us isn't that uncommon.

dont worry about defenders you got Watfords Danny Graham, he`ll score at least 3 next season for you!!!!!!!
sorry but what a shit first major signing

:D :D :D :D :D

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:40 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:dont worry about defenders you got Watfords Danny Graham, he`ll score at least 3 next season for you!!!!!!!

i disagree sorry mate, think hes a great signing for em and wish we went for him :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:40 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:dont worry about defenders you got Watfords Danny Graham, he`ll score at least 3 next season for you!!!!!!!

Top scorer in the Championship last season,for an average Watford side.I'd say it's a jolly good signing,should it come off.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Doesn't mean an awful lot bein top scorer in the champ,it's a big step up and could work out for u on the other hand he could struggle, bit risky splashin 3.5 mil on an unproven prem striker

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:44 pm

blackswan wrote:[quote="Gareth (WiltsHow do you know that? :?

Naughts is a top bloke who loves CCFC and if the likes of Bothroyd and Chops had shown half his passion CCFC would be in premier league.[/quote]
Is he that much of a club man,that he'd turn down the opportunity of PL football ? Bearing in mind also that players transferring between us isn't that uncommon.[/quote]
Money talks so who knows. I'd be gutted if he left us-particularly to you lot. However if he does leave us i'd wish him the best of luck.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Doesn't mean an awful lot bein top scorer in the champ,it's a big step up and could work out for u on the other hand he could struggle, bit risky splashin 3.5 mil on an unproven prem striker

Yeah,but you wouldn't bet on him not being a success,would you?!? Obviously im biased but i think we've nabbed a gem,whether it be in the PL or back in the Championship.He scored down here against us earlier in the season,1 chance 1 goal.Quality goal scorer 8-)

Back to McNaughton,if Taylor does leave then i'd like to see Rodgers sound out 'Kev' :D

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:52 pm

CityGent wrote:Consistently our best player, but strangely enough unlike lots of our squad over the last ten years hasn't been linked with any suitors. Perhaps the scouts and agents look at him and assume he's fast approaching forty judging by the hair colour. Whatever the reason, we're eternally grateful

The reason a Premiership club hasn't gone for him is because his distribution isn't great and he is very injury prone. He also gets outmuscled occasionally. But his pace, stamina, anticipation, bravery, defensive capabilities and battling qualities make him a superb defender at our level. Probably the best defender i've ever seen for City. I include the likes of Johnson, Collins and Gabbidon in that as super Kev can play across the whole of the back 4. Best defender in the Championship in my opinion, and that's not a biased view either.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:53 pm

blackswan wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Doesn't mean an awful lot bein top scorer in the champ,it's a big step up and could work out for u on the other hand he could struggle, bit risky splashin 3.5 mil on an unproven prem striker

Yeah,but you wouldn't bet on him not being a success,would you?!? Obviously im biased but i think we've nabbed a gem,whether it be in the PL or back in the Championship.He scored down here against us earlier in the season,1 chance 1 goal.Quality goal scorer 8-)

Back to McNaughton,if Taylor does leave then i'd like to see Rodgers sound out 'Kev' :D

Very good striker at this level,could very well take it up a notch at prem level aswell...as for super kev he's goin no wher ;)

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:56 pm

blackswan wrote:

Why would Taylor leave? Thought he was well regarded despite his red card v Forest.

Graham is a good championship striker. Not stand out. However i remember him as a good League 1 striker-again not a stand out performer. I was impressed with him at Vicarage Road as Watford shat on us 4-1. Worth a punt in my opinion.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Blackswan-I appreciate your attempt at a not so subtle wind up, but if he does deserve top flight it'll be an established one, not to the odds on favourites for an instant return to the championship. Don't be surprised if Danny Graham gets a better offer elsewhere. You're next years Blackpool. My jealousy lasted less than a week

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:02 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
blackswan wrote:

Why would Taylor leave? Thought he was well regarded despite his red card v Forest.

Graham is a good championship striker. Not stand out. However i remember him as a good League 1 striker-again not a stand out performer. I was impressed with him at Vicarage Road as Watford shat on us 4-1. Worth a punt in my opinion.

Newcastle are sniffing around,apparently,and there's a ridiculous release clause in his contract which could see him leave.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:04 pm

CityGent wrote:Blackswan-I appreciate your attempt at a not so subtle wind up, but if he does deserve top flight it'll be an established one, not to the odds on favourites for an instant return to the championship. Don't be surprised if Danny Graham gets a better offer elsewhere. You're next years Blackpool. My jealousy lasted less than a week

And we all know what your like at predictions :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:06 pm

blackswan wrote:
CityGent wrote:Blackswan-I appreciate your attempt at a not so subtle wind up, but if he does deserve top flight it'll be an established one, not to the odds on favourites for an instant return to the championship. Don't be surprised if Danny Graham gets a better offer elsewhere. You're next years Blackpool. My jealousy lasted less than a week

blackswan mate you gotta admit, your wums havent been up to standard on this thread ;)

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:06 pm

blackswan wrote:[Newcastle are sniffing around,apparently,and there's a ridiculous release clause in his contract which could see him leave.

Jose Enrique is on his way out so a possibility.

Not being funny but how did Tosser Tate keep Taylor out of the team? I only watched a few of your games on Sky but Taylor looks a good player and adds real balance whereas Tate is sh1t. I know i'm biased against Beaker but he is the weak link in your team-imagine him up against Lennon or Pennant next season.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Danny Graham will get a maximum of 6 goals for whatever Premiership team he joins next season. He is nowhere near worth 3.5 million, he has had one good season and now everyone knows about him, he will not do as well next season at Championship level, nevermind Premiership level. Blackswan, you can do a lot better, just my opinion.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:07 pm

blackswan wrote:

You're right there. Where your lot are concerned since Christmas, I'd better shut up and ask for my money back on the 4-7 i got for your sharp return ;-)