Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who would you like to be our next manager?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Who do you want?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Chris Hughton's barmy army :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:15 pm

I voted other cos i want sean o'driscoll, im warming to hughton but the only thing that gives me doubts with him is that crystal palace turned him down to go with Dougie freedmam. WHY????

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Chris Hughton for me

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:32 pm

I wanted di matteo 1st but am now warming to hughton after what i've read and interviews i've seen

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:11 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Chris Hughton's barmy army :ayatollah:

Chrissy Hughton would sound better for the song :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Someone!!!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:11 pm

toshack

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Chris Hughton for me, I liked his style at Newcastle.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Why are people picking Hughton?

Has NO history of building a squad.

Newcastle Utd didn't want him.

Palace turned him down.

Shocking in the transfer market.

What has he done? Led a team worth 50-60 million back to the Prem?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Why are people picking Hughton?

Has NO history of building a squad.

Newcastle Utd didn't want him.

Palace turned him down.

Shocking in the transfer market.

What has he done? Led a team worth 50-60 million back to the Prem?

Just say if you dont want him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:36 pm

I've just signed up to a Newcastle Utd forum.

I'm going to get their views on Hughton.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:04 am

di mat but be more than happy with hughton (think sparky is just wishful thinking but would be mega happy if he came)
its great that so many top managers are associated with the job....just shows how far we have come,and perhaps more importantly it shows up the desire of our Malaysian backers to get us into the promised land.
I keep thinking what sort of potential manager would we have been considering 10-15 years ago ..certainly not of the calibre we are considering now...we have come so far now lets take the next step .

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:17 am

corky wrote:I have picked Hughton, I think he has great contacts, great coaching abilities, many friends in football...but most of all he wants to come here and is ambitious...it would give us a lift.

Chris Hughton for me and for the very same reasons as corky, he would also be good for the academy and most of all he would not tolerate a repeat performance of the bad practices of which some of the players had shown under Dave Jones in which still leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth of the disrespect that was shown to club and supporters. :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:41 am

TBH none really inspire me and there is no-one 'big' who would come without guarantee of a blank cheque book.

The market is flat for out of work managers. The best ones maybe are already taken.

I don't envy the Boards decision as lets face it, whoever they choose will be slaughtered if he doesn't deliver.

Just the sooner they make the decision the better, they're all as good or bad as eachother, so he can get his new squad together and in shape for pre season training.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:06 am

Malky McKay for me. Best young manager in the UK. And mates with Bellers.

Second choice would be Chris Hughton.

No one else interests me. Especially Robins and Di Matteo
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:31 pm

have wanted martin o'neill since he left villa but know we won't get him so i would prefer di matteo with eddie newton, just dont think hughton is the right man,would back him 100% but have nagging doubts about him, didn't really think he had to do a lot with that newcastle team to win the league,was only ever going to be them and west brom vying for top spot that year and he done what was expected, hopefully if it is him he can do the same with us within 2 years after rebuilding this year :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:15 pm

I think its amazing that Hughton has such support...whoever is appointed needs our support

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:34 pm

corky wrote:I know its been done to death but its a good topic...can you say who you would like to be the next manager and give your reasons why...also the reasons against other suggested choices?

BIG SAM .... Oh forgot we got him !

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:50 pm

corky wrote:I think its amazing that Hughton has such support...whoever is appointed needs our support

I totally agree with you corky. Whoever is appointed I will be 100% behind them. Upwards and onwards

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:12 pm

i think they should give it to the candidate who does the :ayatollah: on entering and leaving the interveiw room :D

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:15 pm

drivingblue wrote:i think they should give it to the candidate who does the :ayatollah: on entering and leaving the interveiw room :D

Good shout :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: