Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who would you like to be our next manager?

You may select 1 option

View results

Who do you want?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:47 pm

I know its been done to death but its a good topic...can you say who you would like to be the next manager and give your reasons why...also the reasons against other suggested choices?

Re: Who do you want?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:49 pm

I am edging towards Hughton now. He seems to want the post which can only be a good thing for us.

Plus I've got some dough on him at 7/1.
:ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:50 pm

I have picked Hughton, I think he has great contacts, great coaching abilities, many friends in football...but most of all he wants to come here and is ambitious...it would give us a lift.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:52 pm

Hughes. Quality Premiership manager, and would be a massive coup. But we won't get him. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:52 pm

corky wrote:I have picked Hughton, I think he has great contacts, great coaching abilities, many friends in football...but most of all he wants to come here and is ambitious...it would give us a lift.

Totally agree. He seems to want the job and he has a big point to prove!

Also the respect the Newcastle players showed towards him was second to none.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Chris Hughton....................

Successful with Newcastle in same league, yes he had money to spend good squad of players, he will have some money and i think he is the man to take us up.

The team we had should of walked the league last season but DJ didnt instill the necessary things to finish the job off properly.

He will bring in some great loanees like DJ did but get much more out of them,

New club for CH to manage, new manager for us, new league at the end of next season for us all!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Hughton.
Remember he got Newcastle promoted in his first season with all the crap that was going on there. :ayatollah:

Would have great contacts in the game.

Would hopefully bring his on backroom staff in.

Young and eager. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:57 pm

Hughes..............The reasons are too obvious :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:59 pm

i think mark hughes would be great but a bit too high profile and probably going to a bigger club in july, voted hughton, think he has everything we need in a manager and i can see him bringing in some good future talent and making the team play the right sort of football.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:06 pm

Im starting to warm to the idea of Hughton tbh.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Yeah, I've gone for Hughton. I think right now he would be the best option. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:17 pm

I wanted de matteo, but the more i read about hughton i think he will be the man for the job, i just hope his first signing will be a top class keeper, i wonder if he gets on with shay given were they at newcastle together im not sure, but lets build from the back and go for it from the off.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Funny how people see things so differently. I wouldnt be looking to change the keepers at all yet for others its a priority

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:20 pm

evans above wrote:I wanted de matteo, but the more i read about hughton i think he will be the man for the job, i just hope his first signing will be a top class keeper, i wonder if he gets on with shay given were they at newcastle together im not sure, but lets build from the back and go for it from the off.

we've got 2 keepers that are good enough, we really need a central midfielder and a striker and a winger before we even consider GK :old:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:26 pm

who do iwant?? and who will it be? are 2 difrent questions :cry:

would love mark hughes, but it will be hughton!!

which i will be more than happy with :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Sparky. Welsh, great manager. Butu cant see us attracting him here :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:34 pm

GarethGardner wrote:Sparky. Welsh, great manager. Butu cant see us attracting him here :ayatollah:

oi whats wrong with our club! :lol:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Come on City, Chris Hughton is the one for us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Houghton because I have £25 on him and he's the right man for the job!!!!!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:45 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
evans above wrote:I wanted de matteo, but the more i read about hughton i think he will be the man for the job, i just hope his first signing will be a top class keeper, i wonder if he gets on with shay given were they at newcastle together im not sure, but lets build from the back and go for it from the off.

we've got 2 keepers that are good enough, we really need a central midfielder and a striker and a winger before we even consider GK :old:

Agree about the other players but i feel really strong about a good keeper who can rule the box and organise the back four, i think our defence aint bad its just they need someone to keep them focused for 90 plus mins, i think a good keeper earns between ten and fifteen points a season just my thoughts.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:57 pm

MARTIN O NEIL ALL DAY LONG

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:20 pm

DEANO wrote:MARTIN O NEIL ALL DAY LONG

Out of our league at the moment,
Hughton for me, he wants it and shows passion, he's also done what we need already (even if that was with Newcastle), he'll still know what's needed.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:26 pm

I did pick Hughes but changed it to Houghton. Like everyone else i am warming to this guy and Hughes aint gonna happen.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:32 pm

I wanted Gus Poyet, but it isn't going to happen so, Hughton for me.

I have a concern, and that is he looks a good coach and someone who maybe could have taken over last Christmas and got us over the line, but I am not sure of his buying potential and can he completely rebuild a team, buy the right players and do the job ???

I guess time will tell, because I think he will get the job......

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Hughton for me, seems to be the best of the bunch, pity we did not get him last January, we could possibly be a premiership team now.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:59 pm

Chris H.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Hughton for me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:17 pm

Hughton for me, as said before wise old head on his shoulders :old: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Here is a completely random choice for me as I would like Roy Keane.Before you all go nuts its just that he seems to have been able to beat us every time we have played him therefore I guess he knows where our weaknesses where.(not just the managers tactics)Therefore I think he could be the one, plus he has great contacts and will give us at least the discapline needed,maybe!!!!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Chris Hughton gets my vote :ayatollah: