Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The reason why I want Hughton to be appointed

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:43 am

First of all I just want to say I wasn't jumping for joy when I first heard hughton was one of the contenders for the job.Like a lot of people I thought he had a fantastic squad already for the championship at newcastle.I was willing to opt for Di Matteo However the more I've thought about it the newcastle job wasn't as easy as everyone was making out.After they we're relagated the club seemed to be in a downward spiral.Players leaving,noone in the club knowing if they would appoint a new manager,fans expectations,rumours of mike ashley selling the club.With all these things going on within the football club you could say a few of these issues are simular to ours at the moment.Hughton brought stability to the club and got the players and fans all pulling in one direction which is somthing we havn't had in previous seasons.He has learnt his trade at the top of the game and under some very good managers.Hes a fantastic coach and a very good man manager you only have to look at this interview by the newcastle players after he got sacked to see how much they thought of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6JAsXZPyTE

We need a togetherness in the club again with everyone pulling in the same direction.I believe Hughton will be the man do this I'm hoping in the next few days he will be anounced as the new bluebirds manager

Re: The reason why I want Hughton to be appointed

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:58 am

I feel the same now mate! Wasn't my first choice but thinking it over think he wouldn't be a bad appointment and would really try to unite the club and the fans! We could do far worse! He's a risk but I wouldn't be too disapointed on reflection now

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:25 pm

I also agree, feeling a lot more positive than I was originally :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger... these fellers wouldnt be risks!!

But we're not going to get them are we!

There is always the element of risk whoever gets the job. But what City lacked
throughout Jones' reign was that feeling that those players would go out there
and fight for each other, that they would bust a gut to get that ball back when
they lost it. That they'd piss blood sooner than concede a goal. If it is to be Hughton,
and he can instill that kind of team spirit, that kind of doggedness in our players
then I dont think we will go far wrong. For those reasons alone I'd prefer him to
Di Matteo. I do NOT want another season watching scintillating forward play matched
by diabolical defending.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:05 pm

chris hughton will actually have a good squad of players...not just good individual players who don't care about the club. he will bring in good people, good players, young talent and will make cardiff play the right football. at first i was very 50 50 with hughton and di matteo, but i'm going for hughton for manager tbh. not taking anything away from di matteo and if we did have him i'd support him fully and he would also do a good job. but if i had to choose....hughton! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:29 pm

taffyapple wrote:Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger... these fellers wouldnt be risks!!

But we're not going to get them are we!

There is always the element of risk whoever gets the job. But what City lacked
throughout Jones' reign was that feeling that those players would go out there
and fight for each other, that they would bust a gut to get that ball back when
they lost it. That they'd piss blood sooner than concede a goal. If it is to be Hughton,
and he can instill that kind of team spirit, that kind of doggedness in our players
then I dont think we will go far wrong. For those reasons alone I'd prefer him to
Di Matteo. I do NOT want another season watching scintillating forward play matched
by diabolical defending.

I'm only saying hughton is a risk as he has zilch experience in building a squad whereas someone like curbishley does! However, team spirit and morale were rock bottom when he took over at Newcastle and to be fair he worked wonders! Wouldn't mind some of that feel good feeling here now If is us to be hughton I wouldn't mind

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:52 pm

bothroyd was praising jones...

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:57 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
I'm only saying hughton is a risk as he has zilch experience in building a squad whereas someone like curbishley does! However, team spirit and morale were rock bottom when he took over at Newcastle and to be fair he worked wonders! Wouldn't mind some of that feel good feeling here now If is us to be hughton I wouldn't mind

Not really. He made some very good signings for newcastle.

Tiote has been a key figure as has Dan Gosling. They've both contributed to keeping Newcastle up there. Ben Arfa was unfortunately injured but there is no doubting he'll be an instrumental player for them next year. He even grabbed them points in a game this season before his horrendous injury.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:03 pm

To be honest of all the candidates CH stands head and shoulders above them all. Given the wage demands of Mo'N we will not be getting him so lets look at the psitives if he is selected. Team spirit will be high. He will galvanise not only the club but supporters as well. Players respect him and will move to the club.

This coming season is going to be very difficult. Premiership teams will have the parashute payments clubs already strengthening so we will be playing catchup. CH will obviously have a strong portfolio of good quality players that I'm sure will make our team as strong if not stronger than previous years. So if CH is selected lets all get right behind him from day one and back him 110%

Onwards & Upwards I can feel it in my water!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:56 pm

CH is the perfect choice for us. Good man manager, highly rated coach, tactical know how and in tune with the fans. Everything DJ was'nt.