Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hughton and Crystal Palace

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:39 am

Thought I read somewhere that Hughton had applied for the Palace job before it was given to Freedman?

Anyone have any idea why Palace decided against employing him?

I can foresee a new spelling problem! Hughton/Houghton to be the new Bothroyd/Boothroyd?

Re: Hughton and Crystal Palace

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:39 am

I imagine a wage issue and probably because Freedman was a player with a fantastic rapport with the fans down there.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Perhaps he wanted to much money to spend on transfers etc?

After all they are skint, well they was when Simon Jordan was in charge of the club.

Maybe wrong though.
:ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:41 pm

The predicament Palace found themselves in meant they needed a man close to the club & fans to dig them out of the hole they were in not a new man with new ideas who wanted to make wholesale changes.

And it worked.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:The predicament Palace found themselves in meant they needed a man close to the club & fans to dig them out of the hole they were in not a new man with new ideas who wanted to make wholesale changes.

And it worked.

shame! Palarse are one of those clubs i'd like to see in the conference. Dont know why i dislike them but i do.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:33 pm

I agree mate. Shitty club.

The Palace 'Ultras' were the biggest bunch of spotty mugs we've seen at LR for a while.

It was a proper face painted balloon fest :oops:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I agree mate. Shitty club.

The Palace 'Ultras' were the biggest bunch of spotty mugs we've seen at LR for a while.

It was a proper face painted balloon fest :oops:

Bunch of tossers-should be sponsored by biactol

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:44 pm

BLITZ THOSE ZITS :D