Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

anyone except hughton

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:40 am

please please not hughton it would be a step sideways at best even newcastle couldnt wait to get shot of him with the squad he had even dai hunt would have got newcastle up 2 years ago we need a lot lot better than him this will be the biggest managerial appointment in cardiff citys history we need to get the right man hughton would be a cop out

Re: anyone except hughton

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:51 am

but i put £20 on him now :lol:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:00 am

been on Sky Bet and for some reason Malky Mackay is now fav for the Forest job , Davies hasnt even gone yet !!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:03 am

I dont really want Hughton ,be fair he hasnt prove anything yet.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:17 am

The same could have been said of Brendan Rodgers this time last year. Would we have been happy with him if DJ had left City after the POF??

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:30 am

Of the 2 new challengers to emerge according to the Echo today, I would say anyone but Lee Clark

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:47 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Of the 2 new challengers to emerge according to the Echo today, I would say anyone but Lee Clark

Agree, what we need is a manager with a proven track record of promotion from the Championship. The latest two have neither, but i would say that out of the two, i would prefer MM.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:02 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:The same could have been said of Brendan Rodgers this time last year. Would we have been happy with him if DJ had left City after the POF??

This ^^^^

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:24 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Of the 2 new challengers to emerge according to the Echo today, I would say anyone but Lee Clark

Agree, what we need is a manager with a proven track record of promotion from the Championship. The latest two have neither, but i would say that out of the two, i would prefer MM.

I keep reading this from people, but why? If we all wanted someone with a track record if getting out if this division, and a proven manager, then we shouldn't just kept DJ, cos that's exactly what he was. Lee Clark would be a dream for me (non-sexual!) CIA he's young, passionate and is hungry to succeed. We don't need a proven manager. Was Lambert a proven manager? No. Was Rogers? No. Yet, they both succeeded.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:25 am

DEANO wrote:please please not hughton it would be a step sideways at best even newcastle couldnt wait to get shot of him with the squad he had even dai hunt would have got newcastle up 2 years ago we need a lot lot better than him this will be the biggest managerial appointment in cardiff citys history we need to get the right man hughton would be a cop out

If, by 'cop out' you mean the Club are going for someone who has 'done it before' and a relatively
'safe' name... then how is it possibly a cop out???

You tend to forget that Hughton was having a successful season in the Premiership with
a squad not in the same class as many of their rivals. Managers generally have peaks and
troughs during their formative years, look at Ferguson at Man Utd... days away from the
sack. Hughton was just starting to get noticed when Newcastle sacked him for a 'bigger'
name!!

Cardiff City will not get a 'bigger' name than Hughton. So who would you suggest??

And whoever that is, wait and see how easy it will be to shoot the feller down!!!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:30 am

There didn't sack Hughton for a bigger name. Unless you class Pardew as a big name manager?

Hughton is a prettty good coach, but shit manager.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:33 am

Hughton 55% win percentage premiership/championship with Newcastle.
DJ 41% win percentage with Cardiff.

Hughton had the repect of the players and I believe that he was unfortuante to get the sack when they were in a decent position in the premiership. He also had the Newcastle fans on his side.

Would be a great appointment for City if the likes of MON are out of our reach. :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:33 am

been speaking to a customer of mine who is a newcastle lifelong season ticket holder and his words not mine were you dont want him he isnt tough enough and hasnt a plan b yes no plan b where have we heared that before

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:39 am

I suppose it all down to opinion. If you look at the Newcastle forum and recents posts on this site, there are also a lot of positive comments about Hughton. There will always some who like and others who dislike but I think he would do a decent job with his background.

I think MacKay could also do a decent job although he has not achieved promotion, etc.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:56 am

I dont want Houghton

He is vastly inexperienced Jones could piss on him with football knowledge and contacts

Donald Duck woulod have got Newcastle up with the players they had.

Also I am concerned that

a] Hes a bit boring not excactly full of fun and life

b) Hes a trotskyite --once worked for the workers revolutionary party --Chip on the shoulder mentality

c) Not the most inteligent man --his interviews dont inspire me---what gcses A levls etc does he have --nil

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:05 am

Mafor wrote:I dont want Houghton

He is vastly inexperienced Jones could piss on him with football knowledge and contacts

Donald Duck woulod have got Newcastle up with the players they had.

Also I am concerned that

a] Hes a bit boring not excactly full of fun and life

b) Hes a trotskyite --once worked for the workers revolutionary party --Chip on the shoulder mentality

c) Not the most inteligent man --his interviews dont inspire me---what gcses A levls etc does he have --nil

I don't agree with the DJ football knowledge & contacts bit. If DJ was our manager for another twenty years i doubt he would get us promoted.
As for contacts, i think he ran out of them a long time ago, if Lee Naylor is any thing to go by.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:24 am

Mafor wrote:He is vastly inexperienced Jones could piss on him with football knowledge and contacts

Yup, he learnt nothing, made no contacts throughout his lengthy stint at Spurs...