Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

old style or new style mangement?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:51 pm

i believe that wid the exception of sir alex and one or two others that the likes of dave jones and others have not realised football has moved on from the 80s and 90s and even the 2000s that its not just about plan A but teams and the and managers NOW hav got a plan B and C and thus the reason dj ran out of ideas and why i believe di matteo would be the perfect manager for us!!!! YOUNG, ENTHUSIASTIC, GREAT CONTACTS AND MORE THAN ANYTHING GREAT PERSONALITY AND THE PASSION TO WIN AND SHOW US WERE IN THE YEAR 2011 AND WE CAN SUCCEED IN OUR DREAM!!!!!! PLS REPLY ON UR THOUGHTS!!!!!

Re: old style or new style mangement?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:42 pm

Certain aspects require that old management style with that certain man management and no nonsense mentality but also the fact that managers had more of an intimate connection with their players and their personal lives, certain 'great' managers have been like father roles to their players....Busby and his babes, Sir Alex, Glough and more Im sure iv'e missed. This helps to rein ego's and create spirit but the game does evolve, you also need a manager who can adapt time and time again to the ever changing shape and style of football and its players. They also must deal with the media side of football which is ever more demanding. Conclusion? A perfect blend of both. Outstanding Example? Sir Alex.

The End. :D :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:50 pm

but to answer your question. Plan A,B,C,D....if we need a manager with those up his sleeve then I will be going with the vastly more experienced CH over RDM im afraid. Lets not forget what a no2 does, their not joker positions...and where he has done it and for a loooong time. Its an apprenticeship of the highest order and it will pay dividence when he finally gets to show his worth on the blank canvas that is Cardiff City.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 am

I hope its CH, and he gets named asap, as we need to build for next season, so the sooner the better. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: