Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Block paving

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:28 pm

Need some advice please.

I've got block paving that was laid 20 years ago. Yesterday I brought a power wash and it has down a great job blasting all the swarfe and crap off. However it has also cleared the gaps between the blocks themsleves so I know I need to put down silver sand now. Once I have got that down my question is what else can I put down to prevent moss and stuff gathering like?

Re: Block paving

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Need some advice please.

I've got block paving that was laid 20 years ago. Yesterday I brought a power wash and it has down a great job blasting all the swarfe and crap off. However it has also cleared the gaps between the blocks themsleves so I know I need to put down silver sand now. Once I have got that down my question is what else can I put down to prevent moss and stuff gathering like?

ive never seen anything used just sand :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Any idea how I can stop weeds getting between the bricks?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:37 pm

The sand you need is Kiln Dried Sand.When its all been brushed in you can get a sealant for the drive.
Hope that helps :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:38 pm

abf9 wrote:

The sand you need is Kiln Dried Sand.When its all been brushed in you can get a sealant for the drive.

Cheers for that. I will have to look into this sealant bit.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
abf9 wrote:

i was just going to say,you can prob some stuff in b and q,but its probably shyt and expensive :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Forget B&Q. It is down the local merchants for me.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
abf9 wrote:

Oh yes,if the drive is even slightly damp,don`t put it down.It`ll clump up and won`t brush down.