Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BLACK CATS

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:37 pm

Apparently my neighbour saw a black panther in our gardens last night at 2pm! It was calling to a mate. I didnt wake but will be opening the windows tonight to try and get a sighting/picture. Very exciting. There have been numerous sightings around here in the Forest of Dean and very close to where I live. Thick forests and caves to hide/live in & plenty of deeer, sheep and wild boar to feast upon.

Re: BLACK CATS

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:38 pm

i have seen one in devauden :ayatollah:

used to work out in a country pub, wasnt all that uncommon, but very hard to convince people that they are actually about :lol:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:39 pm

Heres one I took earlier. Not really. I forgot to say I had a sighting a few years back in broad daylight. Amazing creature and a very good size. You would not want to meet one in the dark.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:39 pm

Which pub Milly?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:42 pm

the star inn llansoy..... :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Nice pub the Star. Im further up into the woods from there. Not far from St.Briavels

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Forestbluebirds wrote:Nice pub the Star. Im further up into the woods from there. Not far from St.Briavels

used to be...im talking about 4 years ago. never been further than that, it was always back to the port after wrk ;)

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:51 pm

put a bit of tasty meat out - steak? - and get your camera ready! would love to see one in the flesh, roaming free. they are obviously out there, question is though - how many are there and how did they get here. maybe they have been here all along?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:54 pm

I think in the 60's it was fashionable for the rich to have them, but when they got too large they were released. I ight peg some meat down and set up a spotlight and camera tonight to try and capture it

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Somebody I know Trellech way found some of there sheep eating and hanging from a branch recently

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:14 pm

i would move to cardiff if i was you, no big cats here lol

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:16 pm

I here Sunderland is full of em

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Sightings of them are common in West Wales, especially around Tregaron.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:51 pm

Forestbluebirds wrote:I think in the 60's it was fashionable for the rich to have them, but when they got too large they were released. I ight peg some meat down and set up a spotlight and camera tonight to try and capture it

There's plenty of jacks coming out of the woodwork so I'd use one of them. They do say rotten meat attracts wild animals :lol:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:37 pm

I don't know about black cats but I recently saw a fat cat at the CCS who was apparently on 800k per year but I think he is now extinct :lol:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:48 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:I don't know about black cats but I recently saw a fat cat at the CCS who was apparently on 800k per year but I think he is now extinct :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:49 pm

Forestbluebirds wrote:Apparently my neighbour saw a black panther in our gardens last night at 2pm! It was calling to a mate. I didnt wake but will be opening the windows tonight to try and get a sighting/picture. Very exciting. There have been numerous sightings around here in the Forest of Dean and very close to where I live. Thick forests and caves to hide/live in & plenty of deeer, sheep and wild boar to feast upon.

watched a programme a few years back about them and ive been interested since.. a lady on there who lived some place like bodmin let her bullmastiff and alasation out to run around the field before she went to bed and something attacked and killed one dog and left the other needing 100 or so stitches in a few minutes :shock:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:51 pm

Forestbluebirds wrote:I think in the 60's it was fashionable for the rich to have them, but when they got too large they were released. I ight peg some meat down and set up a spotlight and camera tonight to try and capture it

they brought in a licence in the 70s you had to have to own one so some people left theirs go into the wild

Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:15 pm

If it was dark it would hard to tell the colour of the beast... I've seen lots of pink panthers in the past. And pink elephants come to that... But that was in my special Brew days. :?

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Update on the black cat situation. Just talking to neighbour who saw it jump onto our decking in the back garden. It was calling out to a mate and woke. It spooked her and her boyfriend. It was large.
Tomorrow we are being visited by the experts and they say it is a black leopard (and not Sunderland fans). He is taking it seriously and has warned us to be vigilant. Im a bit nervous writing this as I am in the office in the garden and the door is open and my back is to the door. AAARrrrrrrgghjhhhhhh its got me.....

Anyhow I am concerned for the kids. He reckons its got cubs, and that at this time of the year they can be aggressive. And as it has come into the garden he thinks it was hunting our pets (ducks, cats guineas etc) Ive got a camera set up to try and snap it if it comes again, which he thinks it will. There are scratch marks on the decking the larger than my hand!
Two girls were stalked recently in local woods and he is worried that that they will kill. They are not afraid of humans! Dont scream, walk away quietly, shitting your pants as you do so!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:27 pm

interesting update. keep posted from his visit! any chance of a pic of the clay marks? this could be monumental!

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:29 pm

i will go and photo the scratch mark now

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Don't know about you but I'm shitting myself just thinking about it and I'm 500 miles away!!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:39 pm

PtB wrote:Don't know about you but I'm shitting myself just thinking about it and I'm 500 miles away!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:11 pm

I will photograph some more photos tomorrow. My battery went on my camera and I had to recharge them.

I am little nervous in the garden. Got my pitchfork to hand just in case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Some one i know got attacked in trellech.
you will need more than a pitch fork :lol:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:17 pm

when was that

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Forestbluebirds wrote:when was that

ooh a fair few years ago, i will try and find a link, it made local news and papers, think it made national news to at the time :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Forestbluebirds wrote:I will photograph some more photos tomorrow. My battery went on my camera and I had to recharge them.

I am little nervous in the garden. Got my pitchfork to hand just in case.

That looks like Baz's fingernails.....don't it Milly...... :twisted:

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:24 pm

iI did say a fair few years ago, it was 2000 :shock:
isnt tellech up your way??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/895643.stm