Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BELLERS ON A FREE ?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:48 pm

I seen the news of the world and it said that Man City were going to lower there wage bill by 1mil, and Man City were going to let a number of players go on a Free and Bellers name was in with them. Good news for us do you think it true ? :ayatollah:

Re: BELLERS ON A FREE ?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:54 pm

i allways thought we would get him on a free , it makes sence really if bellamy refuses to sign for any other team, man city will have to give him to us or let him rot and pay him 4.8m for the season , its a no brainer if u ask me , give him to us man city save 4.8m :ayatollah: :ayatollah: thank you very much

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Of course it is. If it's in the News Of The Screws, you can bet your bottom dollar on it - quality journalism, always accurate, thought provoking and witty. Tossers.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:05 pm

They may let him go on a free but cardiff cant afford to pay his wages so unless they pay towards it then it wont happen

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:12 pm

sure i read that bellamy would get a massive bonus if we went up, what an incentive to get us up and then pay him less per week

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:23 pm

[quote="chunkyblue"]i allways thought we would get him on a free , it makes sence really if bellamy refuses to sign for any other team, man city will have to give him to us or let him rot and pay him 4.8m for the season , its a no brainer if u ask me , give him to us man city save 4.8m :ayatollah: :ayatollah: thank you very much[/quote. Don't start counting your chickens. Just because Man City may let him go on a free (and at the moment it's only some news rag speculation) we would still need to agree wages with him. Do you really think he will give up one more years contract at Man City on £90,000 a week to sign for us for say £20,000 a week (and that's if the Malaysians are still prepared to put their hands in their pockets to pay that much). Don't forget that last season Man City were making up the rest of his £90,000 per week wages. Think it is a non starter myself and in some ways won't be too disapointed if he doesn't rejoin us.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:
chunkyblue wrote:i allways thought we would get him on a free , it makes sence really if bellamy refuses to sign for any other team, man city will have to give him to us or let him rot and pay him 4.8m for the season , its a no brainer if u ask me , give him to us man city save 4.8m :ayatollah: :ayatollah: thank you very much[/quote. Don't start counting your chickens. Just because Man City may let him go on a free (and at the moment it's only some news rag speculation) we would still need to agree wages with him. Do you really think he will give up one more years contract at Man City on £90,000 a week to sign for us for say £20,000 a week (and that's if the Malaysians are still prepared to put their hands in their pockets to pay that much). Don't forget that last season Man City were making up the rest of his £90,000 per week wages. Think it is a non starter myself and in some ways won't be too disapointed if he doesn't rejoin us.

why wont you be disapointed if he dont play next season

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Its not just Bellers there is about 3 others they want out, cos they want to cut there wage roll.
So there is no chance of us getting as we did last season cos Man city wouldnt pay his wage this time.