Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

why a big name?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:27 pm

everybody seems to want a big name manager but for me someone with hunger and passion will do,burnley took a gamble with there new manager because he d done well at bournemouth and just look at our friends from down the road nobody ha really heardof mr rogers before he went there but look what he done for them

Re: why a big name?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:38 pm

totally agree mate great players do not allways make good managers we have got to get it right otherwise the set back could be bad news indeed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:39 pm

HEAR HEAR!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:46 pm

I agree. Give me someone who's young, ambitious and has a sound tactical mind, over a big name who's proven very little and is looking at us as a stepping stone.

Paul Tisdale's name has been mentioned on here, but i don't see those incharge having the bottle to go for someone like him.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:52 pm

caerblue wrote:everybody seems to want a big name manager but for me someone with hunger and passion will do,burnley took a gamble with there new manager because he d done well at bournemouth and just look at our friends from down the road nobody ha really heardof mr rogers before he went there but look what he done for them

Totally agree. Lee Clark anyone ?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:07 pm

attract more fans maybe? lets face it, we only had these crowds cause of bellamy

Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
caerblue wrote:everybody seems to want a big name manager but for me someone with hunger and passion will do,burnley took a gamble with there new manager because he d done well at bournemouth and just look at our friends from down the road nobody ha really heardof mr rogers before he went there but look what he done for them

Totally agree. Lee Clark anyone ?

I'm with you on Lee Clarke fella. Young, ambitious & would do a good job IMO :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:37 pm

Burnley didn't even reach the play offs and, as for Rodgers, a lot of the hard work had been done the previous two seasons. I take the point though that a young, ambitious manager might be a good shout.