Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE and THEY INTEND "

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:13 am

" NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE AS OF TODAY REGARDING OUR NEW MANAGER and THEY INTEND TO INTERVIEW MORE MANAGERS This MONDAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Chris Hughton and Di Matteo are Def Front Runners.

Mark Robins has Not even Been interviewed for the Job as of yet.

Next Week Will be an interesting and Exciting Week :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE and THEY INTEND "

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:14 am

i wish it can be over with

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:15 am

What about Mark Hughes, is he getting interviewed?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:18 am

I would be intrigued to see a list of the managers interviewed so I could make a personal judgment on the quality of applicants. Annis, do you have a rough idea on some names interviewed? If so, is the quality good or was it distinctly average? It would be a good indication to see how far we've come.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:" NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE AS OF TODAY REGARDING OUR NEW MANAGER and THEY INTEND TO INTERVIEW MORE MANAGERS This MONDAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Next Week Will be an interesting and Exciting Week :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Annis - was wondering if Robbins had been interviewed,looks like we have our answer :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:24 am

i will be working at the club all oer the next few weeks building works and I think will be announced tomorrow :ayatollah:

if so i must get all my vans on tv :lol:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:26 am

If they are carrying on with interviews this would suggest as yet they are still not sure who they want. It could also suggest the guys they have interviewed are not quite right, maybe they want too much money or they have certain demands the board are not happy with.

One thing is for certain. The quicker they sort this out the better. I know it is important we get the right man but the longer this drags on the less chance the manager will have of getting stuck into the job and building a team to challenge.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:" NO DECISION HAS BEEN MADE AS OF TODAY REGARDING OUR NEW MANAGER and THEY INTEND TO INTERVIEW MORE MANAGERS This MONDAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A mate of mine has just sent me an email saying he is convinced CH will be named manager sometime between now and Wednesday. I've put some money on RDM but I 've got a feeling now that CH is in pole position.

His interview shown on SKY yesterday morning suggests to me he is on the point of getting and job and whilst he said he wants to manage at the highest level he can he always spoke of a number of big championship clubs and the standard of the league.

Now Barnsley and West Ham have filled their managers jobs were are the only championship club looking for a manager now so yes I think CH will be on SSN again this week. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:36 am

THE DON wrote:If they are carrying on with interviews this would suggest as yet they are still not sure who they want. It could also suggest the guys they have interviewed are not quite right, maybe they want too much money or they have certain demands the board are not happy with.

One thing is for certain. The quicker they sort this out the better. I know it is important we get the right man but the longer this drags on the less chance the manager will have of getting stuck into the job and building a team to challenge.

I doubt it, they would have to interview of all applicants of a certain standard, they couldn't do the dis-service to the other applicants of stopping once someone had given a good interview.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:53 am

joncandy wrote:
THE DON wrote:If they are carrying on with interviews this would suggest as yet they are still not sure who they want. It could also suggest the guys they have interviewed are not quite right, maybe they want too much money or they have certain demands the board are not happy with.

I doubt it, they would have to interview of all applicants of a certain standard, they couldn't do the dis-service to the other applicants of stopping once someone had given a good interview.

Agree, some applicants might've had very impressive interviews but unless they go through the whole process and interview all prospective applicants they could well miss somebody who would give an even better interview, it's an important decision for all people involved with this football club and VT and TG stand to lose more than most if the wrong candidate is chosen.

It takes time, so let's get it right! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Zabier wrote:I would be intrigued to see a list of the managers interviewed so I could make a personal judgment on the quality of applicants.

That's exactly why no Cardiff City supporter will ever see such a thing

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:50 pm

good luck guys...hope its who you want.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:11 pm

I thought Robins was the bookies favourite? Strange that he hasn't even been interviewed. I would like Mackay, if not CH or RDM.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:15 pm

watersblue wrote:I thought Robins was the bookies favourite? Strange that he hasn't even been interviewed. I would like Mackay, if not CH or RDM.

I've heard different, which might explain the odds being so low. However Hughton is very short odds favourite in the bookies nw.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:31 pm

If he has been interviewed (surely he has) then he could do just as well as CH or RDM. People have the idea that because they have never achieved, they never will. This didn't work with Lambert or Rodgers, did it?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:33 pm

watersblue wrote:If he has been interviewed (surely he has) then he could do just as well as CH or RDM. People have the idea that because they have never achieved, they never will. This didn't work with Lambert or Rodgers, did it?

I actually never thought of that side of things. Good point actually.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:03 pm

This thread fills me with optimism!

Chris Hughton and Roberto De Matteo... both had relative success as managers
in the Premiership, both want the job, and both are left crossing their fingers
that WE want THEM!!

The message we should all be getting here is that Cardiff City are not f*cking
about.

As someone posted earlier, they are examining all possibilities. Perhaps ONE
of the applicants has blown them away? who knows? But they are STILL exploring
all avenues and making sure the right man doesnt slip through our fingers.

We are turning into a serious business

Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:06 pm

taffyapple wrote:This thread fills me with optimism!

Chris Hughton and Roberto De Matteo... both had relative success as managers
in the Premiership, both want the job, and both are left crossing their fingers
that WE want THEM!!

The message we should all be getting here is that Cardiff City are not f*cking
about.

As someone posted earlier, they are examining all possibilities. Perhaps ONE
of the applicants has blown them away? who knows? But they are STILL exploring
all avenues and making sure the right man doesnt slip through our fingers.

We are turning into a serious business

spot on taff :) nice to see managers think of us as a big club..... how times have changed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Its probably more a case of already having booked / scheduled the interviews and needing to have the courtesy to see them through.

Just like in any business...

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:40 pm

annis who do you think will have the manager's job

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Bring back Durban.

I could do the job for a fraction of DJS wages.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:19 pm

i hope to god it doesnt take all of next week to make a decision!! carl said a decision would be made within 48-72 hours ??????

i trust what he confirmed to be true!! :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:21 pm

watersblue wrote:I thought Robins was the bookies favourite? Strange that he hasn't even been interviewed. I would like Mackay, if not CH or RDM.

Agree - Mackay strikes me as a very good manager. I wouldn't mind him at all. But perhaps we should get CH as his experience in getting promotion will probably prove invaluable, and I've been impressed by what I've read about him !

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Forestbluebirds wrote:Bring back Durban.

I could do the job for a fraction of DJS wages.

Worse than Dave Jones, by far :lol:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:42 pm

I had the misfortune of meeting Durban when he was City manager on anon footie matter.
Very odd character. Give me DJ any day. :oops:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Thanks Forever Blue. Good News Coming Soon?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:31 pm

spot on taff :) nice to see managers think of us as a big club..... how times have changed :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

It's ironic - Dave Jones did a lot to help turn us into a big club yet always gave the impression that we were slightly beneath him

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:28 pm

I believe Durban's second in command at Stoke was Richie Barker .He was the brains there.
Barker didn't come with Durban to city
:old:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:18 pm

glammy74 wrote:What about Mark Hughes, is he getting interviewed?

THAT WOULD BE MAGICAL IF SPARKY CAME TO US IMO MY FAV WELSH PLAYER OF ALL THE TIME !!! G8 MANAGER IMO 2 !!!!!! SUM 1 GIVE THE MALAYSIANS A BELL AND SUGGEST THIS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:19 pm

who the f**k is mark robins :shock:

:lol: