Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Transfer Budget ? "

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:18 am

In your opinion what kind of transfer budget do you think that that the new manaer will get next year? It's interesting as it could be absolutely anything.

Also, providing there is a budget, how would you like that budet to be spent? Signing on fee's and wages for higher profile players on free's or loans, or on tranfer fee's for players at championship level, possibly the lower leagues?

I'd prefer to see us go for some promising lower league players and try to develop a squad.

Re: Transfer Budet

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 am

well if the malaisians are serious again about wanting promotion the budget should be around the level as last year.the loan system just didnt work for us last year because the team just didnt have any spirit in it as was obvious when we went behind

Re: Transfer Budet

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 am

He will get 575 grand upfront and then will get 3 million from season ticket sales, as long as we reach 25,000 season tickets, if not he will only get 575 grand and loans -Lol :ayatollah:

Re: " Transfer Budget ? "

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:36 am

Personally I would expect at least the same as last year, which was a Total Budget of about £16 Mill on Wages/Transfers etc, as This Coming Season the Championship will be Much Tougher than last season in My Opinion it was the Weakest in the last 10 years.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:Personally I would expect at least the same as last year, which was a Total Budget of about £16 Mill on Wages/Transfers etc, as This Coming Season the Championship will be Much Tougher than last season in My Opinion it was the Weakest in the last 10 years.

I agree. I would also say our squad is far weaker at the starting point for the new manager this year than it was last year when we started recruiting new players to join the existing squad. It will be interesting to see where the players come. I'd prefer us to go for younger prospects on permenant deals than loans/free signings such as Bowyer and Brown.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:47 am

Grangetown. End. wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Personally I would expect at least the same as last year, which was a Total Budget of about £16 Mill on Wages/Transfers etc, as This Coming Season the Championship will be Much Tougher than last season in My Opinion it was the Weakest in the last 10 years.

I agree. I would also say our squad is far weaker at the starting point for the new manager this year than it was last year when we started recruiting new players to join the existing squad. It will be interesting to see where the players come. I'd prefer us to go for younger prospects on permenant deals than loans/free signings such as Bowyer and Brown.

Yes I agree, much Weaker for a New Manager, Half the Squad gone,but quite a few of them I am quite happy to see gone, the other problem is DJ never let our youngsters get a chance, so theres not much waiting in the wings. We must give Our New Manager FULL SUPPORT as ITS GOING TO BE TOUGH :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:11 am

I hope that the club find the money to order the grow lights system for the pitch during the winter months with the level of ST sales this year surely the funds can be found and the club must realise how important a good playing surface is.

You can spend whatever figure you can mention on players but you cannot expect them to play to their potential on the type of surface our tean had from January - March. Just not good enough for a club with PL ambitions.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:16 am

Whatever the budget is we need to put money in to the academy, the kids are our future

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:17 am

castleblue wrote:I hope that the club find the money to order the grow lights system for the pitch during the winter months with the level of ST sales this year surely the funds can be found and the club must realise how important a good playing surface is.

You can spend whatever figure you can mention on players but you cannot expect them to play to their potential on the type of surface our tean had from January - March. Just not good enough for a club with PL ambitions.

Gary This Def has to be Addressed :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:18 am

NinianParkWasMyWife wrote:Whatever the budget is we need to put money in to the academy, the kids are our future

The Riddler and Dave Jones Both Let the Academy Die.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:
NinianParkWasMyWife wrote:Whatever the budget is we need to put money in to the academy, the kids are our future

hopefully with the new manager we will see more youngsters getting chances and the club pumps a few bob in to it

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:I hope that the club find the money to order the grow lights system for the pitch during the winter months with the level of ST sales this year surely the funds can be found and the club must realise how important a good playing surface is.

Gary This Def has to be Addressed :ayatollah:

I was watching the England game last night and the pitch looked absolutely fantastic and Wembley now has the same type of pitch as we do, I know it's June but the covering of grass was fantastic.

Just my opinion but we really must maintain the pitch to the highest standards and this grow lights system is required to do that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:31 am

Hate to brings this up but the Liberty has quite a few clear panels in its roof to let light in would this not help?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:35 am

rb1976 wrote:Hate to brings this up but the Liberty has quite a few clear panels in its roof to let light in would this not help?

Wouldn't do any harm but I do know the Liberty Stadium has a grow lights system and most people go on about the quality of their pitch.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:37 am

a budget the same as last season maybe even aittle more as i can see the coming season as one of the hardest for a long time, in fact i would say its got the potential to be the best season the championship has ever seen and def a season that will match the premiership for excitement and entertainment........... its pretty exciting times for the bluebirds, roll on august and let the party begin :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:39 am

castleblue wrote:
rb1976 wrote:Hate to brings this up but the Liberty has quite a few clear panels in its roof to let light in would this not help?

Wouldn't do any harm but I do know the Liberty Stadium has a grow lights system and most people go on about the quality of their pitch.
helsea

Is the actual quality of the playing surface improved, is it easier/better to play ood football on,or does it just make the pitch look better? I'm not sure it makes a huge difference. Chelsea's pitch looked hopeless the season before last, yet they won the double...

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:42 am

Grangetown. End. wrote:
castleblue wrote:

helsea

Is the actual quality of the playing surface improved, is it easier/better to play ood football on,or does it just make the pitch look better? I'm not sure it makes a huge difference. Chelsea's pitch looked hopeless the season before last, yet they won the double...

Fair point. Both teams have to play on the same surface. Did appear at the time as just another excuse?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:43 am

castleblue wrote:

helsea

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:47 am

Grangetown. End. wrote:
castleblue wrote:

helsea

Interesting point but to my mind the better the playing surface the more chance of fast flowing football. With improved drainage of pitches nowadays most clubs heavily water the pitches on the day of the game, immediately before the start and at halftime.

This season we were watering the pitch immediately before kickoff and halftime but stopped from December - March. Result hard pitch uneven bounce so why stop watering ? Probably poor covering of grass so anything that improves that must be the right thing to do.

In my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:48 pm

you lot need a big realty check,you need to cut your loss and start to rebuild throughout the whole club because if you keep on spending money that you cant afford to you want have a club to support.
you keep going on that you don't need the premiership but every body knows you needed it a lot more than we did :oops:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:14 pm

portsidejack wrote:you lot need a big realty check,you need to cut your loss and start to rebuild throughout the whole club because if you keep on spending money that you cant afford to you want have a club to support.
you keep going on that you don't need the premiership but every body knows you needed it a lot more than we did :oops:

the days of spending money we havent are long gone my friend!! we now have the malaysians backing so we do have the finances to spend!! just not the crazy spending like we used to!!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:10 pm

I agree the championship was week, almost as though out of the top six though alot of the teams didn't have much beetqween them, if were loaning players , we need someone with enough respect to bring in talented young BIG prospects and some good established players in their prime.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

What do you know Annis about the plans for the U21 team? Where will we get the players from? We will need to get them from somewhere as we certainly don't have enough to put out a full team of U21s as it stands. If we can make it work by recruiting some good U21s they would be just what wed need to supplement the first team squad...especially if money is tight.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:34 pm

:ayatollah:

I heard that the new manager will be given £5.5 million

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:33 pm

true blue 7 - you need to stop reading those rumour sites!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Grangetown. End. wrote:In your opinion what kind of transfer budget do you think that that the new manaer will get next year? It's interesting as it could be absolutely anything.

Also, providing there is a budget, how would you like that budet to be spent? Signing on fee's and wages for higher profile players on free's or loans, or on tranfer fee's for players at championship level, possibly the lower leagues?

I'd prefer to see us go for some promising lower league players and try to develop a squad.

We should have about the same transfer budget as last year, it wouldn't be that fair on the new manager to be given nothing. :lol: The budget should be spent on frees, you should see the quality of players who have left their club over the past few weeks, and some loans as well. We can't have up to 7 loans a season, that's just ridiculous. Obviously the money is going to be used on wages as well. Just hope we sign players with passion, not individual players who think they're better than the rest. As long as we keep away from the injury prone players and go for the talented League One players for example. Or players like Earnshaw maybe. It will be interesting to see. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:57 pm

The problem with free signings is that they are not normally free, they tend to cost a signing on fee, and in the main the 'quality' free players available will require reasonably high wages and relatively long contracts. They are also unlikely to command much resale value.

Most of the young players available out of contract will have issues with injuries. I would prefer us to pay for
players who in turn could be sold on.

I also agree that a lot more attention needs to be paid to the academy. We need to be brave enough to give the players it produces a chance and be patient with them when they are finding their way (that goes for fans to). The club should learn a big lesson from the Matthews debacle.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Fellers. We dont know who the new manager is, we dont know what the man
will have said to the Malaysians, we dont know who his targets will be.......
and we dont know how much they are willing to back him financially. Its all
speculation right now.. I'm guessing he will get around 5-6m for players.

But right now it is all guesswork

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:41 am

define transfere budget
is this just the amount used to bring in a player ?

if so

when you pick up a freeagent there is no transfere fees to pay so looking at it we could pay the player wages or better wages based on what we would have had to pay as a transfere payment
if thats the case the freeagent list is/was full of ideal players we need to work fast and secure a manager