Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"My First Ever Message on the Internet"

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:35 am

Decided To Join the World of the 20th Century and get Myself a Computer and a Mouse. I am hooked Up to THE Internet. Woohoo.

So this is My first Message on the Internet. Hello.

Any News? What's our New Manager?

Re: "My First Ever Message on the Internet"

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:36 am

welcome aboard. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:37 am

Thank You. Are there any Rules about what can be Written and am I allowed to Swear when we Are Losing?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:38 am

VIRGIN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:45 am

Simon Jones wrote:Decided To Join the World of the 20th Century and get Myself a Computer and a Mouse. I am hooked Up to THE Internet. Woohoo.

Its actually the 21st century and has been since January 1 2001 :lol:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:08 am

Simon, basic internet/forum rules are as follows:

1. You cannot swear...unless it is aimed at a Jack, DJ or someone who disagrees with your point of view.
2. You must always back up any statements you make with the word FACT....everyone then know you are telling the truth.
3. Do not accept any invites to a forum "do" from Nuclearblue...you will end up in AA meetings within hours.
4. Carl is correct 90% of the time and doesn't need to add the word FACT after any of his statements....he is just right.
5. A forum member known only as Daya will be your best friend and biggest enemy all in one. If your not confused now you will be, but don't be troubled his presence on here is intermittent at best.
6. If you get involved in a debate with a poster known as Baker (and several other names) you may not call him a spotty teenager......unless you back that up with the word FACT.
7. Don't get involved in Monkey facing...don't even ask...it will blow your mind.
8. You must by an AA book within the first 5 days of registering on here....this is unrelated to the Nuclearblue "do" rule although if you end up as an AA friend on Facebook (this will need another set of rules) the constant advertising may well drive you to drink.
9. Don't slag anybody off especially me...I have an AK-47 in the shed and will find you!
10. Enjoy yourself on here it's great with some great people....oh and welcome :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:15 am

NinianParkWasMyWife wrote:
Simon Jones wrote:Decided To Join the World of the 20th Century and get Myself a Computer and a Mouse. I am hooked Up to THE Internet. Woohoo.

So what was the year 2000 then?

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:20 am

Run. Run while you still can and do not look back. Or read the Echo. ;)

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:21 am

OhhhGa wrote:

So what was the year 2000 then?

:laughing3: I love it when people try to be cocky and correct others then actually feck it up them selves!!! :lol:

I think he meant Jan 1st 2000 ;)

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:22 am

Welcome on Board :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:25 am

hello :old:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:54 am

:laughing3: I love it when people try to be cocky and correct others then actually feck it up them selves!!! :lol:

I love it even more when people like you think i fucked it up and was cocky when all along i was right, il try to explain but it might be hard for you to take in

The 20th century ended December 31, 2000. The 21st century started January 1, 2001.

The numerics involved are quite simple. Our numbering system begins with "1", not "0".

The 20th century, therefore, began on January 1, 1901, and ended December 31, 2000, the century comprising the 100 years between the the first day of the year "1901" and the last day of the year 2000. Counting from 1901 to 2000 will give you exactly 100.

if you are still in doubt google it

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:02 am

So was the post correct that he joined the world of the 20th centruy considering the internet firstly appeared in the 20th century??

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:06 am

rb1976 wrote:So was the post correct that he joined the world of the 20th centruy considering the internet firstly appeared in the 20th century??

Well possibly depends on how you look at it, i was just pointing out its the 21st century and not the 20th, no biggie anyway :lol:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:19 am

Can we stop the pleasantries and work out who is going to smash Simon Jones's back doors in first? :D

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:46 am

Welcome mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:46 am

welcome simon :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:12 pm

I love it even more when people like you think i fucked it up and was cocky when all along i was right, il try to explain but it might be hard for you to take in

The 20th century ended December 31, 2000. The 21st century started January 1, 2001.

The numerics involved are quite simple. Our numbering system begins with "1", not "0".

The 20th century, therefore, began on January 1, 1901, and ended December 31, 2000, the century comprising the 100 years between the the first day of the year "1901" and the last day of the year 2000. Counting from 1901 to 2000 will give you exactly 100.

Well done! ;) but I don't care anyway.... :lol:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:47 pm

the 1st of Jan 2000 onwards is actually in the 21st century. a bit like scoring a goal after 1min 10 seconds, the goal would have been scored in the 2nd minute not the 1st. hope that clears it up.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:16 pm

ccfclover wrote:the 1st of Jan 2000 onwards is actually in the 21st century. a bit like scoring a goal after 1min 10 seconds, the goal would have been scored in the 2nd minute not the 1st. hope that clears it up.

Sorry but you are 100% wrong there mate and your explanation has no relevance whatsoever

Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:44 pm

ccfclover wrote:the 1st of Jan 2000 onwards is actually in the 21st century. a bit like scoring a goal after 1min 10 seconds, the goal would have been scored in the 2nd minute not the 1st. hope that clears it up.

Sorry but you are 100% wrong there mate and your explanation has no relevance whatsoever

Surely it's completely relevent seeing as it's about the topic of conversation?

Whereas I agree that was a poor explanation, the general consensus is that a century lasts 100 years and starts in the initial year (ie 1700, 1800, 1900 etc). Although technically incorrect regarding the Gregorian calender, it makes life easier for everyone.

For example, as a historian, if something occured in 1800, we would say it was the 19th century.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:16 pm

if your going to post camp videos of yourself and your friends then please post on the other messageboard "cardiff city mad! ...... thank you and enjoy your stay! ;)

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:45 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

Surely it's completely relevent seeing as it's about the topic of conversation?

Whereas I agree that was a poor explanation, the general consensus is that a century lasts 100 years and starts in the initial year (ie 1700, 1800, 1900 etc). Although technically incorrect regarding the Gregorian calender, it makes life easier for everyone.

For example, as a historian, if something occured in 1800, we would say it was the 19th century.

wrong, the century starts in xx01 as has been explained

Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:49 pm

only on AAMB can a topic go as far astray to the discussion of historical dates. :lol: :lol:

welcome aboard. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:18 pm

wrong, the century starts in xx01 as has been explained

You didn't read my comment. As I said, technically, according to the Gregorian calender, that is correct. Well done.

However to make life easier for almost everyone, centuries generally occur in the exact timeframe (ie 1900-2000). As I said, it's the general consensus

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:29 pm

npwml - take a chill pill mate. sit back, pick Zeus nose and relax. breathe in, breathe out, breathe in aaand breathe out

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Welcome aboard Simon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Right who is up for rule 3 ? A forum Piss up on Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Bloody Hell Simon, Look what you started ^^^ :lol: ^^^ be careful what you write online, especially when stating Facts :D welcome...

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Dange wrote:Simon, basic internet/forum rules are as follows:

1. You cannot swear...unless it is aimed at a Jack, DJ or someone who disagrees with your point of view.
2. You must always back up any statements you make with the word FACT....everyone then know you are telling the truth.
3. Do not accept any invites to a forum "do" from Nuclearblue...you will end up in AA meetings within hours.
4. Carl is correct 90% of the time and doesn't need to add the word FACT after any of his statements....he is just right.
5. A forum member known only as Daya will be your best friend and biggest enemy all in one. If your not confused now you will be, but don't be troubled his presence on here is intermittent at best.
6. If you get involved in a debate with a poster known as Baker (and several other names) you may not call him a spotty teenager......unless you back that up with the word FACT.
7. Don't get involved in Monkey facing...don't even ask...it will blow your mind.
8. You must by an AA book within the first 5 days of registering on here....this is unrelated to the Nuclearblue "do" rule although if you end up as an AA friend on Facebook (this will need another set of rules) the constant advertising may well drive you to drink.
9. Don't slag anybody off especially me...I have an AK-47 in the shed and will find you!
10. Enjoy yourself on here it's great with some great people....oh and welcome :ayatollah:

HAHA!!!! Brilliant!