Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Di Matteo Post

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:30 am

Di Matteo and Newton but just be what we need here BUT whoever we get Im sure all at CCFC have done their homework to get the right man in . I can see changes throughout the back room staff from top to bottom as a result .

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:18 am

Chris Hughtons teams are HARD TO BEAT.

Thats the key for me. Strong defence.

Name me one side in the history of football that has won anything
with a leaky defence!!

We had such an array of attacking prowess last season, we were capable of
some amazing football going forward, and at times looked dare i say it..
...Premiership quality.

But every time the other team got the ball anywhere near our penalty area
20,000+ supporters had their hearts in their mouths, with good reason!!

Would I swop the 'swashbuckling' forward play (where we left huge holes in the
midfield for the opposition to hit us on the break) for a more considered,
tighter, meaner style of play like a George Grahams Arsenal....

In a heartbeat

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:39 am

geggs_ccfc wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:It's full of holes.

Hughton was given a chance after Keegan left and his FAILED.

Hughton transfer's were shite - Pearch is the worst RB I have seen the in the Prem.

Ashley and the board were behind the big signings.

Carroll was no hidden gem. Everyone knew it was just a matter of time before he made an impact.

I'm sorry mate but you are way off the mark. The season that they were relegated to the Championship and players like Owen, Martins and a few others left, there were still a lot of big personalities left in the Newcastle locker room, there was Smith, Barton, Carroll, Nolan, Gutierrez, Collocini, etc. I'm sure that bringing all of them together after such a negative stage in their career was no easy feat, the team spirit was terrible, the players didn't seem to care, there was bickering between them, basically morale was rock bottom. When Hughton was announced as the manager on a full time basis he turned everything upside down and brought much more positivity to the club on and off the field, you can ask the Newcastle fans how much they appreciated what he did for them while he was there. He got them promoted, yes, they had a good squad but the main thing was that they had a great manager who was able to get them promoted, after changing everything at the club, by making the players happier, being disciplined, making the team play as a unit, making the supporters proud of their club once again, there were a number of reasons why Newcastle grew on and off the field and the majority of it is down to Chris Hughton, I hear that Ashley was not the easiest person to work for. Hughton was the man who brought in some great signings for Newcastle when they got promoted back to the Premiership, they signed Tiote, Williamson, Ben Arfa and Routledge, the Newcastle fans absolutely love(d) these players, they have all been huge successes there, espeically Tiote, who has been amazing and should be at a much bigger club like Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc. Yes, he signed one or two bad players like Perch and possibly Best (but before he got injured he was doing much better and finding the net regularly). The Newcastle fans love Hughton to death, they all say he is a great man manager, a great disciplinarian and gets the team playing for each other. A lot of the Toon supporters have placed him either 2nd behind Bobby Robson or 3rd behind Robson and Keegan as Newcastle's greatest ever manager. Surely if he can turn Newcastle Utd around with all their on the field problems, then he can do the same for us. I have 100% believe in him and I feel he will guide us to the Premiership and beyond.

Blooooooooooooooooobirds

The Future is Bright!!!

f*cking LOL at Houghton being anywhere near the likes of Keegan and Robson.

Ashley and the board signed the big name players. Pearch and Campell were Hughton signings.

Smith and Barton are giving the credit for getting the morale back at the club after a speach they made after a game - Notice that morale is still high after Hughton left?

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:47 am

Just to be clear, Newcastle Utd had a team of underachievers.

We don't even have a team.

Hughton has no track record of building a squad. Pearch and Campell signings show he does NOT have a good eye for talent.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:00 am

cracking post m8

he is who i want out of all the realistic manger names that iv been told who want the job :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:34 am

i PERSONALLY WOULD BE VERY HAPPY WITH HIM,
i'm thinking hes got some experience, he's young energetic, and has something to prove, nothing wrong with bringing back mr newton either a bit of old player heart, :ayatollah: wouldnt do any harm whatsover :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 am

Hughton will have a rapore with the players, which is more than can be said for DJ, and it seems its more than can be said for RDM as well, based on what people on this forum seem to think. Hughton comes across as a very likable guy, although for me ADM is an extremely credible second choice. I'm just worried, like many others seem to be, about his relationship with the players.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:33 pm

is going to coventry

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:30 pm

I don't mind if it is hughton or di Matteo! Nothing between them in my eyes and both would have my full support