Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The long season thats been........

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Started with a Hudson hating start by the City faithful, his every move was abused and then everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

Then we realised that he was actually quite good and was covering a poor Gypes (No gypes abuse thankfully) Then arise Sir Naylor for a kicking, started okay but a total loss of form was obviously helped by a barracking crowd actually booing their own player.

Then after Christmas the anti DJ crowd grew a pace, wanting him out asap. (in retrospect probably right but in light of first two paragraphs summed up the crowd.)

Jay Bothroyd ( top scorer, England cap and no one can fault his application at the tale end of the season) was now in turn for some abuse. Nothing like supporting one of our best players when we need him most. (And bare in mind the fans fav Chopra was at this time out of condition and allegedly not leading a proffesionals life of it went unscathed.)

Finally the bubble burst, the pressure became too much, the players let us down and DJ was correctly sacked.

NEXT, here it comes......passion!!!!!!! Bring back Sam!!!!!!!!

NEXT Gethin the egg knows nothing etc etc The same Gethin who agreed to turn the Canton into our new Bob Bank which was originally the bees knees then quickly went away.

NEXT, time the Malaysian stood up, walk the walk etc.

IN MY OPINION some people on here went from a fan to a semi board member under Sam/Riddler and since the rebalance has happend with TG and VT have been left frustrated as just being fans again.

Please, certain individuals do not PM me or delete this post, stand up and be counted on here.

We say we can attract huge crowds due to the catchment area then abuse new fans as plastics.

Let's take a long hard look at ourselves, are we those brilliant fans we think we are? The 12th man we like to think we are? On the past year i'd say no.

Now is time to shut the book, trust VT, TG and PMG get on with stabilising our club and just support CARDIFF CITY FC???

Re: The long season thats been........

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:16 pm

....to be continued :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:18 pm

Hope not 'continued' but back to what we were.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:22 pm

stuckster wrote:Hope not 'continued' but back to what we were.

What is going to happen next stuckster...is we will get re-action to the new manager..Good and Bad views...imo :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:26 pm

My feeling this forum if continues as is will try and have a moral high ground over our club officials/manager.

Where's the tactics banter? The opposition danger men and how we should handle em, songs to sing, trips to go on,???

Has been mentioned by a few proffesionals that there is a pressure now from our fans and with that we will never be the fortress we want the CCS to be.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:34 pm

stuckster wrote:My feeling this forum if continues as is will try and have a moral high ground over our club officials/manager.

Where's the tactics banter? The opposition danger men and how we should handle em, songs to sing, trips to go on,???

Has been mentioned by a few proffesionals that there is a pressure now from our fans and with that we will never be the fortress we want the CCS to be.

I Agree with those 1st comments about tactics,opposition danger men etc...

I called for fans from other clubs to give their input,with players linked with our club and theirs etc...

As for the fortress,times have changed and the only why you make noise,is to have so many fans who make noise in one part of the ground - to hopefully get the others to join in :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:36 pm

I agree on getting a section together.

I remeber GJ offered it up and Annis started the ball rolling then it just died??

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 pm

Let us be honest here! What fans would put up with some of the shit we've had this year? I can honestly say it's been the worst season I can remember being a city fan because it's been so frustrating ! With all the taken at our disposal we should have been up but we had to put uo with highly paid players, boozing, gambling, not preparing properly, acting like prima donnas and treating the fans with contempt! On topof that we had a miserable, arrogant manager who
Made some abysmal decisions! No other clubs fans would have reacted any differently, in fact I'm surprised the booing and abuse wasn't worse, dj and the players even got clapped off after losing 3.0 to reading! It's a new era now and I'm sure we willall wipe the slate clean, get behind the new boss and players and unite as a club! Last season was demoralizing on so many levels but I feel that gethin and the malaysians have the bit between their teeth now and they're 100% committed to getting us up this year!

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:09 pm

Chuffed to see the amnesty on the board now and a new outlook.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:14 pm

stuckster wrote:Chuffed to see the amnesty on the board now and a new outlook.

I Second that, just hope it continues :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:16 pm

The best post I've read today is one off a spotty faced kid on another site saying its much better on there because you only get banned off there for decent reasons,it is like a message board Asbo, kids that age should be out chasing girls not spending every waking hour on the internet, no wonder some of them failed as students, how does anyone fail at being a student,there we are there's always Macdonalds or even the odd waitrose. ;)

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:17 pm

Nice one Annis, if i can get you to contribute to my toilet habits thread then my wish will have been completed.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:17 pm

stuckster wrote:Nice one Annis, if i can get you to contribute to my toilet habits thread then my wish will have been completed.

:lol: :lol: