Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

linked managers styles...

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:58 am

M.O.N - likes a mix of strong defenders and quick players out wide. Counter attacking, attractive football. Tactically astute and can mix it up when needed. Gets it wide and plays football

DI MATTEO - from west brom, seems to like having technically sound players, gets it on the deck and plays very attractive attacking, maybe a bit leaky at the back

HUGHTON - obviously inherited a great team but thats not his fault, set his side to be hard to beat, strong and rigid, hard working. The players truelly play for him. Likes a target man eg best/carroll

HUGHES - cant see it myself but not those most positive of gaffers but sets up sides so theyre hard to break down, defensively very strong and loves 5 in midfield

ALAN CURBS - tbh dont really remember too much about his previous sides like charlton

Id be happy with any of these but if it went on the type of football we could hopefully see then M.O.N OR DI MATTEO for me. I have stuck a cheeky tenner on hughton at 7/1 as ive got a feeling hes the one

Thoughts guys?

Re: linked managers styles...

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:03 am

Of Course its got to be MON because we get the best of both worlds, Attractive football but with a strong defence.

Di Matteo would get us playing nice football, but i fear for the defensive side of the team.

Hughton he's unproven, Newcastle were poor at the beginning of last season, but eventually came good due to the class of player they had at their disposal. Not sure if he could build a team that was hard to beat considering the players we will have compared to those he did have at Newcastle.

Curbs, solid Prem manager, would keep us up in the Prem, but not sure if he'd get us up as i haven't seen him in that situation.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:07 am

Lets be fair they all look dodgy

Most of them sat on their arse colecting a fat pay check for ages and are now has beens

Give it to Burton and Ardley--nice and cheap teach Bellers the ropes

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:09 am

I kind of agree on the hughton part but football has a funny way of certain managers clicking with certain clubs and everything falling into place. He had a great squad at newcastle no doubt but he still did a decent job obv M.O.N is the peoples choice but for all we know it may not work. Look at reading, rogers struggled with them but took the gypos up. Footballs a strange world.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:12 am

Mafor wrote:Lets be fair they all look dodgy

Most of them sat on their arse colecting a fat pay check for ages and are now has beens

Give it to Burton and Ardley--nice and cheap teach Bellers the ropes

Each to their own eh mate
I just think we need a big change, something fresh
Not saying ardley and burton wouldnt do well but i want it to feel different goin to football on sat, a new philosophy :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:39 am

eighty_8 wrote:I kind of agree on the hughton part but football has a funny way of certain managers clicking with certain clubs and everything falling into place. He had a great squad at newcastle no doubt but he still did a decent job obv M.O.N is the peoples choice but for all we know it may not work. Look at reading, rogers struggled with them but took the gypos up. Footballs a strange world.

I think Rogers inherited a very good Swansea team that had originally been built by Martinez. Not saying he is not a good manager but the Swansea job would have been a lot easier than the Reading job.

I think Hughton would be a good choice. Along with his managerial sucess at Newcastle he was a coach at Spurs for 10 years. He has good experience and lots of contacts.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:17 pm

by brilliantbluebirds09 ยป Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:03 am

Of Course its got to be MON because we get the best of both worlds, Attractive football but with a strong defence.

Di Matteo would get us playing nice football, but i fear for the defensive side of the team.

Hughton he's unproven, Newcastle were poor at the beginning of last season, but eventually came good due to the class of player they had at their disposal. Not sure if he could build a team that was hard to beat considering the players we will have compared to those he did have at Newcastle.

Curbs, solid Prem manager, would keep us up in the Prem, but not sure if he'd get us up as i haven't seen him in that situation.brilliantbluebirds09

Curbs would be a great choice in my opinion took charlton up 2 divisions and kept them in the prem whilst signing cheap young players like darren bent, dean kiely and chris powell all turned into internatioanl players. He also brought lee bowyer, scott parker and konchesky through the ranks