Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

please not mark hughes

Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:20 am

he would be depressing and no better than jones..
please please not hughes hes a miserable git with no plan B

Re: please not mark hughes

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:38 am

does anyone have a plan b these days?

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:23 am

jinks-rct wrote:he would be depressing and no better than jones..
please please not hughes hes a miserable git with no plan B

totally agree fucked up big time with wales,the play offs with russia we had them by the balls,he fucked up playing hartson up front on his own ,we needed a goal the most prolific scorer at the time earnie on the bench the he fetches him on as a winger :? :?

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:34 am

Hes a great manager. 3 successive top ten finishes with Blackburn and did extremely well with Fulham this season.Hes a better manager than O'Neill.

Or were you wanting Alex Ferguson? :roll:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:39 am

Hughes ruined the best chance ever Wales had to qualify in recent times and like Jones he has no plan B , with Wales we were top of the table with 12 points from 4 wins including Italy then Wales just picked up 1 point from the remaining 4 games coz the other teams sussed out Hughes's style and he couldnt change it and we then got dumped out of the play offs by Russia . The following campaign when he had decided he was already quitting Wales he took charge of 2 games which were away to England and home to N.Ireland where he deliberately changed around the team and blew the best chance we had of beating England in years then against the irish we were dead lucky to hang on for a 2 - 2 draw .

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:17 am

Hughes is off to Villa. There's no chance of him coming here

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:28 am

[quote="PhatFrog"]Hes a great manager. 3 successive top ten finishes with Blackburn and did extremely well with Fulham this season.Hes a better manager than O'Neill.

Or were you wanting Alex Ferguson? :roll:[/q
you cant be serious,fucked wales up good and proper :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:33 am

So, how big a club are we really? Or how big do people on here actually think we are? OK, so we've been linked to Martin O'Neill, and it does seem a realistic prospect. But let's not get carried away. Because one manager, who could walk into any Premiership job he wants and now looks likely to now that one or two are available, do you really think that a highly rated, highly sought after manager like Hughes is going to jack in a very good Premiership job to come to a club like ours when he's been linked with clubs of the the stature of Villa? I think people on here need to take a reality check. It's Di Matteo, Hughton or, possibly, Curbishley

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:38 am

Nottage Blue wrote:So, how big a club are we really? Or how big do people on here actually think we are? OK, so we've been linked to Martin O'Neill, and it does seem a realistic prospect. But let's not get carried away. Because one manager, who could walk into any Premiership job he wants and now looks likely to now that one or two are available, do you really think that a highly rated, highly sought after manager like Hughes is going to jack in a very good Premiership job to come to a club like ours when he's been linked with clubs of the the stature of Villa? I think people on here need to take a reality check. It's Di Matteo, Hughton or, possibly, Curbishley

stature of villa :!: theyre not exactly man ure or chelsea,if and when we go up wecan be bigger than villa and i am being serious :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:46 am

beddau blue wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:So, how big a club are we really? Or how big do people on here actually think we are? OK, so we've been linked to Martin O'Neill, and it does seem a realistic prospect. But let's not get carried away. Because one manager, who could walk into any Premiership job he wants and now looks likely to now that one or two are available, do you really think that a highly rated, highly sought after manager like Hughes is going to jack in a very good Premiership job to come to a club like ours when he's been linked with clubs of the the stature of Villa? I think people on here need to take a reality check. It's Di Matteo, Hughton or, possibly, Curbishley

stature of villa :!: theyre not exactly man ure or chelsea,if and when we go up wecan be bigger than villa and i am being serious :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sorry, got to disagree with you. Villa are an established Premiership club. They get crowds of 35-40,000 a week, they can spend millions on players and attract sopme of the top players. I'm sorry, we can't compete at the moment and, until we can become a club like them, there is no hope of attracting people like Mark Hughes. We need a manager to get us in the Premiership, consolidate for a season or two and then we can make that move. I believe that we are probably more like Bolton or Stoke in size and stature and we should be following them as role models rather than thinking we can compete with clubs like Villa at the moment

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:47 am

But Hughes has grown as a Manager since his days as Wales Boss. The difference between Jones and Hughes is one was set in his ways where Hughes has learnt adapted and is now a top rated manager IMO

Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:50 am

Nuclearblue wrote:But Hughes has grown as a Manager since his days as Wales Boss. The difference between Jones and Hughes is one was set in his ways where Hughes has learnt adapted and is now a top rated manager IMO

Eveyone has to start somewhere. Blame the FAW for appointing an untried manager if you have to but I didn't notice anyone moaning after we beat Italy 2-1

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:22 am

i'd love to see hughes at cardiff he'd do a great job and i think bellamy would definetly be with us next season , if he got the villa job i reckon there would be a very strong possibility bellers will be at villa park next season, totally with the comments about his failings as the wales boss but it was his first managerial post and i'm sure he's learnt a hell of a lot since then.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:25 am

PhatFrog wrote:Hes a great manager. 3 successive top ten finishes with Blackburn and did extremely well with Fulham this season.Hes a better manager than O'Neill.

Do the Malaysians know Fergie is available :o

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:55 am

Whats happend too wales since that russia game :? he must have done something right

I was there that night, disappointed as anyone and yes I think he did play the wrong tatics

but he must have done something right at man city, blackburn and fulham to get them to top 10 finishs :?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:24 am

PhatFrog wrote:Hes a great manager. 3 successive top ten finishes with Blackburn and did extremely well with Fulham this season.Hes a better manager than O'Neill.

where did i say fergie??

we got rid of jones who was a grumpy antisocial big minded tw*t with no idea = no plan B and hughes is all them so why waste money on hughes who is not a move forward.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:27 am

Pinster25 wrote:Whats happend too wales since that russia game :? he must have done something right

I was there that night, disappointed as anyone and yes I think he did play the wrong tatics

but he must have done something right at man city, blackburn and fulham to get them to top 10 finishs :?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

what players did hughes have at blackburn ,man city and fulham though :roll: we barely got 11 here :roll:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:30 am

Hughes is one if the best available managers! If we aernt happy with him then we've got no chance! We can't expect to attract managers with better records than him! He is far far far superior and more proven than di Matteo and hughton who are both risks!

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:36 am

i cant believe what im reading :lol:

im welsh throught and through, but n a good day a group of pissed up people playing pub golf on a bank holiday weekend could beat them.
in sparkys days we had full stadiums, he brought the fans back to welsh football. he got us asclose as weve been for years.
you cant judge a premier league manager on what he did or didnt do at wales.

DAVE JONES OR MARK HUGHES.... there we go cheer up :D

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:39 am

milly44 wrote:i cant believe what im reading :lol:

im welsh throught and through, but n a good day a group of pissed up people playing pub golf on a bank holiday weekend could beat them.
in sparkys days we had full stadiums, he brought the fans back to welsh football. he got us asclose as weve been for years.
you cant judge a premier league manager on what he did or didnt do at wales.

DAVE JONES OR MARK HUGHES.... there we go cheer up :D

can he do anything with half a squad? again he had quality players in that welsh team

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:41 am

He's the same as Jones ; just a little younger.

StT.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:43 am

jinks-rct wrote:

where did i say fergie??

we got rid of jones who was a grumpy antisocial big minded tw*t with no idea = no plan B and hughes is all them so why waste money on hughes who is not a move forward.

I never said that you mentioned Fergie. I was just highlighting how some City fans are never happy.

Btw, Hughes had small budgets at Fulham and Blaxkburn.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:48 am

PhatFrog wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

where did i say fergie??

I never said that you mentioned Fergie. I was just highlighting how some City fans are never happy.

Btw, Hughes had small budgets at Fulham and Blaxkburn.

maybe he did but the team had some quality players there already

Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Interesting that Robbie Savage mentions the possibility of Hughes "trying to lead Cardiff City to the promised land" in his column in the Mirror today.

I know that is a pretty tenuous link but it does demonstrate that perhaps it's not as mad a prospect as some of us (and yes that does include me !) originally thought :o

It does seem that the O'Neill plans seem to get less likely by the day but stranger things have happened :roll: