Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Villa not interested in Mark hughes

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:57 pm

According to sky sports news :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Villa not interested in Mark hughes

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Pretty obvious really, hardly going to admit tampering with a manager under contract at the time.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:05 pm

nerd wrote:Pretty obvious really, hardly going to admit tampering with a manager under contract at the time.

Exactly. Last thing they want is getting done for tapping him up.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:10 pm

But he was out of contract, just like a player reaching the end of their contract, Villa and Hughes had the right to talk to each other. It's a hell of a longshot, but if Villa aren't interested, where else will he go? Can't see Chelsea appointing him, only one possilble destination ;)
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:14 pm

He was only out of contract when the contract ended. cCouldn't talkto anybody prior to that. Would be awfully convenient if Hughes broke off contract talks, Villa confirmed interest, he then went there...

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:06 pm

Hold on. I don't get it, I thought Hughes has resigned therefore ending all ties with Fulham ?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:09 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Hold on. I don't get it, I thought Hughes has resigned therefore ending all ties with Fulham ?

his contract did not run out until june 30th which is a bit late if you want new players at villa park for pre season tour

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:12 pm

steve davies wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Hold on. I don't get it, I thought Hughes has resigned therefore ending all ties with Fulham ?

his contract did not run out until june 30th which is a bit late if you want new players at villa park for pre season tour

Yup. Hence the "resignation", strong indication wouldn't sign a new deal with Fulham. Meaning Fulham either keep a lame duck manager till then or allow a contract termination.... all of course just a co-incidence it happens the day afte Houllier leaves Villa.