Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hughton: Any reservations?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:37 pm

Whilst reviewing the messageboards, media and various bookies Chris Hughton seems to be the front runner for our managerial position.

I for one would be pleased with his appointment as he will have the contacts required at this level plus he has the vital experience of managing a club, with a weight of expectation, out of this division.

However, does his lack of experience in respect of building his own team in different environments accompanied with a smaller budget, concern anyone? This is my only reservation...

Re: Hughton: Any reservations?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Nope! Would love Hughton to get the job! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:41 pm

No,

Someone posted what he has achieved prior to now.
Maybe some of it as a number 2 but that experience is invaluable.

He took Newcastle up and yes with very good players but why cant he achieve that with us!!!!!!

Very passionate man from what i`ve seen,

Personally he is my 2nd choice to O`Neill but a very creditable 2nd choice and he is more than capable of taking us up.

Compare him to other managers that have taken their teams up in the Championship in previous years and for me he is better than most of them

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:48 pm

His record reads as very, very good as a number 2.

So too is Burton, despite what some my think - manager quality? Eh...

It happens some people are better at assisting than managing. Steve Clarke is another.

Hughton's managerial record with Newcastle basically hinged around getting them promoted. Well, yes, with a squad packed full of Prem players.

His actual body of work you have to accept is fairly limited as a manager - so looking at his resume, it's very much a case of, you know he's a great assistant. Is he a great manager?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:03 pm

I would be pleased to have him in...but I think Carl's update just now puts a slightly different perspective on things! 2 words: Mark Hughes :ayatollah: