Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

would mark hughes be the one for us

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:08 pm

i would say yes he would put the fight back into the players hughes and the fans would go hand in hand our passion is fighting qualities .all welsh back room staff they known has the taffier i would it if he came to us

Re: would mark hughes be the one for us

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Ah yes, all Welsh back room staff. Must be a guarantee of quality that.

In fact, let's embrace the Welshness; let's quit and go into the EPL. Since we all like Welshness.

Hughes is one of if not the most overrated Prem managers going.

Appointed Welsh manager solely down to playing reputation. Sandwiched one good year living off the Italy win with two of the worst years Wales ever had. Russian play off? Away game, Hartson unsurprisingly knackered, went off with 5 minutes left. Put Earnie on, fresh quick legs maybe hope for an away goal? Nah. Put Nathan Blake on instead. At home, needing to win, stick to rigid 4-5-1. Leave the one striker we had scoring goals on the bench. And then play him wide, almost as a wing back...

Then walks out for Blackburn. Oh, but didn't leave straight away. No, Hughes wanted to make sure he managed the big game vs England.

Blackburn? Well supported with money there. Again, rigid 4-5-1 formation.

Man City? Needs a strong manager with proven success; players otherwise would rightly ask what he's ever done as a manager.

Fulham? Inherited a strongish squad, mid table side. Did nothing there to make you go "Yeah, he's improved it from the Hodgson era".

Let's just go with someone better, fresher ideas, maybe even a record of success as a manager.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:21 pm

nerd wrote:Ah yes, all Welsh back room staff. Must be a guarantee of quality that.

In fact, let's embrace the Welshness; let's quit and go into the EPL. Since we all like Welshness.

Appointed Welsh manager solely down to playing reputation. Sandwiched one good year living off the Italy win with two of the worst years Wales ever had. Russian play off? Away game, Hartson unsurprisingly knackered, went off with 5 minutes left. Put Earnie on, fresh quick legs maybe hope for an away goal? Nah. Put Nathan Blake on instead. At home, needing to win, stick to rigid 4-5-1. Leave the one striker we had scoring goals on the bench. And then play him wide, almost as a wing back...

Then walks out for Blackburn. Oh, but didn't leave straight away. No, Hughes wanted to make sure he managed the big game vs England.

Man City? Needs a strong manager with proven success; players otherwise would rightly ask what he's ever done as a manager.

Fulham? Inherited a strongish squad, mid table side. Did nothing there to make you go "Yeah, he's improved it from the Hodgson era".

Let's just go with someone better, fresher ideas, maybe even a record of success as a manager.

Agree Nerd .

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:26 pm

totally agree with you .....he managed wales when we had probably the best squad of players to pick from.
im really hopeing they get oneil the guy is quality and will get us promoted

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:58 pm

headshot wrote:totally agree with you .....he managed wales when we had probably the best squad of players to pick from.
im really hopeing they get oneil the guy is quality and will get us promoted

martin oneil you are having a laugh one we couldnt afford him he would want millions to spend he walked out on villa because he couldnt get his own way at the start of the seasons fecking all there plans up oh yes he was brilliant at celtic but most managers are when they go there oh and one more when he had a chance to take villa to the europa final he decides to put out a weakened teamout because he wanted a champions league place and he didnt get that either

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:03 pm

nerd wrote:Ah yes, all Welsh back room staff. Must be a guarantee of quality that.

A contender for the most sensible message ever?

Nerd, I doff my cap, not that I have a cap, but I take it off to you Sir.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:07 pm

It wouldnt affect him when everyone sings anti English songs :oops:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:08 pm

I agree entirely with nerd about Hughes.

I can't see what's wrong with O'Neill mind - He went to Celtic when it was known as the poison chalice in football after Rangers had had success for ages and turned it all around immediately. He had Milner sold from under him at Villa and quite rightly said he couldn't work like that - I'd have done the same! He also did amazingly well with Wycombe and Leicester. The only negative I can see is that he may play too much long ball, but he'd be my number one choice without any doubt. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:46 pm

he's welsh what more could you want

the guy has passion its the next step for him