Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sean o'driscoll...........

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:08 pm

I haven't heard his name mentioned on here much, i think he could be the man we are looking for!

He gets his donny team's playing good football and keeps them up every season with no money to spend, they are only a small club and are punching above their weight in the championship so imagine what he could do at a bigger club like us with a bit of money to spend.

Would think his wages would be a lot smaller than most the names linked to the job so we could afford a little bit of compo for him to, i think i can recall him being linked to a club last season and the donny chairman saying he wont stand in his way if a bigger club come calling and he wanted to go but would want something in the region of 200-300 grand compo.

He would be my 2nd choice behind M O N which i don't think will be realistic for us with the wages he would demand, i would think it would be a MINIMUN of 1 mil a year not including bonuses, whereas we could prob pay S O D a 5th of that so with the compo that's still a lot cheaper than what a lot of managers would want off us. (not including hughton who reportedly offered his services to us for 250,000)

But would he have kept donny up for 3 seasons on the budget S O D has, i dought it very much so i think he would be the preferd option for me.

I hope the board are looking at him he's a good up and coming manager who likes his teams to get the ball down and play football, like arsene wenger and dare i say it brenden rodgers :twisted:

Re: Sean o'driscoll...........

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:14 pm

hes currently between 30/40-1 depending n which site you look at,

He has shown potential and doncaster have played some nice football,

Dont know if hes a candidate or not to be honest..

the main movers on this afternoons betting are: gian franco zola, mark robins and steve maclaren all to 12-1 and billy davies now 2nd favorite 7/2 behind chris hughton , di matteo is now 5-1 and martin oneill now 8-1.

but this is changing all the time....

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:18 pm

I take the bookies prices with a pinch of salt cos they will shorten the odds if just a tenner go's on someone!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:21 pm

seems that way today.....

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:28 pm

totally agree about o``driscoll,if we cant get o`neill hes my choice also

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:30 pm

I remember last time he was wanted by someone sonny were asking for 1m comp :?
I also rate him very highly and would like him here but that is to much.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:51 pm

He would be my nunber one target.

I thought his teams have played very well against us since they got promoted. Although our record looks impressive against them I would say we have been very lucky.

2008/09
Doncaster 1 Cardiff 1 A last minute goal from McCormack after a terrible fumbled by their keeper.
Cardiff 3 Doncaster 0. Omly game we have dominated, Eddies first goal.
2009/10
Doncaster 2 Cardiff 0 Brian Stock totally controlled this game for Doncaster.
Cardiff 2 Doncaster 1 Basically a last minute goal from Bothroyd saved our blushes. Doncaster should have gone on to win this game after coming back froma goal down.
2010/11
Cardiff 4 Doncaster 0. Bellamys debut but Doncaster dominated for the first 20 minutes until Bothroyd got lucky and scored. Then the Bellamy factor took hold.
Doncaster 1 Cardiff 3. Doncaster got back on terms derservedly after a first half Burke goal. They looked like the team that had the winner before Koumas came on and took that free kick.

Consider the size of the club O'Driscoll has done a good job there. It would be interesting to see what he could do at our place.