Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Jacks make £3 million move for Danny Graham

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:32 pm

Midfield general wrote:yet they could have Jay for free!!!!

Sorry but something doesn't add up here.

it does

Danny Graham is good

Jay Bothroyd is shit

end of story :lol:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:33 pm

the jacks spending more than a million???? well someones ambitious arent they Huw? :D :D

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:34 pm

That would be an excellent player for them TBH

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:35 pm

but Watford have neither accepted or rejected and they are obviously using Swansea as a bidding tool for more money from QPR or anybody else , Jacks wont bid more plus they wont match the wages offered by QPR .

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:35 pm

I had a funny feeling that Bothroyd could be playing in a swansea shirt next season :o but if its true that they have bid for danny graham then maybe Bothroyd isnt as good as he think he is :lol:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Midfield general wrote:Lets be honest the Jacks are a very well run club and here's a opportunity to have Jay on a free yet they are willing to pay £3 million for Danny Graham..? I smell a rat

Why would they want one of the reasons why we did not go up last season ? If i was a Gypo and i am glad to say i am not then i would hate to have him there

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Midfield general wrote:Lets be honest the Jacks are a very well run club and here's a opportunity to have Jay on a free yet they are willing to pay £3 million for Danny Graham..? I smell a rat

A rat and the jacks in the same sentence-sounds like a banquet at Tanks house.....

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:47 pm

Why would Swansea want Bothroyd?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:49 pm

jamesbarnett91 wrote:Why would Swansea want Bothroyd?

Im sure they wanted to sign him whilst he was here but maybe that was just to distract us :evil:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Midfield general wrote:
jamesbarnett91 wrote:Why would Swansea want Bothroyd?

because he would cost them £3 million less than Danny Graham

And a whole heap of trouble. They wont touch him with a barge pole IMO

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Bothroyd ? He is not a premiership players

He spends most of his time on his arse & moaning

I think we are well shot of him

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:47 pm

All this Bothroyd bashing is a little over the top... Yes he could be stronger and stay on feet, BUT it is not the players fault the manager would play him after no training, when all season we were crying out for a Target man to replace Jay when he was injured or off form and we had that in Parkin who started 1 game?

Yes Jay lost his way at the end... but so did we as a set of fans... We all became disilussioned with things and you think the players dont think like that? y coz there getting paid not to, not in the real world.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:15 pm

bridgeblue wrote:All this Bothroyd bashing is a little over the top... Yes he could be stronger and stay on feet, BUT it is not the players fault the manager would play him after no training, when all season we were crying out for a Target man to replace Jay when he was injured or off form and we had that in Parkin who started 1 game?

Yes Jay lost his way at the end... but so did we as a set of fans... We all became disilussioned with things and you think the players dont think like that? y coz there getting paid not to, not in the real world.

Players going out on the Piss before games !! Players can't be bothered !! and we as supporters should also take the blame for this ??????? Sorry but "Planet what on you are" come to mind

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
bridgeblue wrote:All this Bothroyd bashing is a little over the top... Yes he could be stronger and stay on feet, BUT it is not the players fault the manager would play him after no training, when all season we were crying out for a Target man to replace Jay when he was injured or off form and we had that in Parkin who started 1 game?

Players going out on the Piss before games !! Players can't be bothered !! and we as supporters should also take the blame for this ??????? Sorry but "Planet what on you are" come to mind

so youve never been in a job where ur boss is a complete numpty, and uve gone out on the piss during the week (and by piss u mean he was drinking cokes until 2 am) or done something you shouldnt of... He is only human he made a mistake, he gave 3 excellent seasons and I will not let that tarnish my thoughts on Jay because of one mistake... We could all see DJ was getting things wrong dont u think the players react just like every other human being would? and the phrase they get paid not to doesnt wash because the majority are honest boys who just play football...

18 league goals, in season where he played half the season injured...

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:30 pm

bridgeblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Yes Jay lost his way at the end... but so did we as a set of fans... We all became disilussioned with things and you think the players dont think like tha coz there getting paid not to, not in the real world.

so youve never been in a job where ur boss is a complete numpty, and uve gone out on the piss during the week (and by piss u mean he was drinking cokes until 2 am) or done something you shouldnt of... He is only human he made a mistake, he gave 3 excellent seasons and I will not let that tarnish my thoughts on Jay because of one mistake... We could all see DJ was getting things wrong dont u think the players react just like every other human being would? and the phrase they get paid not to doesnt wash because the majority are honest boys who just play football...

18 league goals, in season where he played half the season injured...

But if i done something at my place of work that cost the Company an estimated 90 million quid then i would pay with my Job. Especially if it was down to gross misconduct. Ship out the bad eggs Chief but that is just my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:23 pm

I doubt Watford will sell him for anything less than £5m tbf.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:54 pm

gabbs wrote:I had a funny feeling that Bothroyd could be playing in a swansea shirt next season :o but if its true that they have bid for danny graham then maybe Bothroyd isnt as good as he think he is :lol:

Well if he does end up playin for them then he could train falling on his arse on a bouncy castle at one of the gypo`s fairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Bothroyd said when we declared our interest in him 2 seasons ago that he'd never go to Swansea,he scoffed at it actually and made out we werent big enough for him and his talent.He'd jump at the chance now im sure.

Another case of little old Swansea having the last laugh.

Danny Graham we want,not that fake Bothroyd.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:34 pm

blackswan wrote:Bothroyd said when we declared our interest in him 2 seasons ago that he'd never go to Swansea,he scoffed at it actually and made out we werent big enough for him and his talent.He'd jump at the chance now im sure.

Why do you assume he'd jump at the chance now? He wouldn't have gone to Blackpool last summer. Exactly the same scenario

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:50 pm

CityGent wrote:
blackswan wrote:Bothroyd said when we declared our interest in him 2 seasons ago that he'd never go to Swansea,he scoffed at it actually and made out we werent big enough for him and his talent.He'd jump at the chance now im sure.

Why do you assume he'd jump at the chance now? He wouldn't have gone to Blackpool last summer. Exactly the same scenario

well if he's touting himself to go back to the championship with cardiff then the chance of premier league football with us must surely be tempting i'd have thought.Plus he could still keep his cardiff pad.Either way I wouldnt want him at SCFC.We've a smooth running ship and the likes of him could distable it.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:59 pm

Destabilsing is the right word. The system you've mastered the last few years would be perfect for Jay though, and in the perfect world that's why your hierarchy were more than interested. On his day, he's the most naturally gifted player I've seen in a Cardiff shirt and is premier league in all but name, although he's also everything that's bad about the over paid flat capped, All Saints Cardigan wearing,100 grand Range Rover driving wanker of the modern footballer. His post-England cap form was a main factor on us not sitting at the top table with you next season

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:28 pm

CityGent wrote:Destabilsing is the right word. The system you've mastered the last few years would be perfect for Jay though, and in the perfect world that's why your hierarchy were more than interested. On his day, he's the most naturally gifted player I've seen in a Cardiff shirt and is premier league in all but name, although he's also everything that's bad about the over paid flat capped, All Saints Cardigan wearing,100 grand Range Rover driving wanker of the modern footballer. His post-England cap form was a main factor on us not sitting at the top table with you next season

Excellent post CG. It is a shame that JB9 wasnt dropped in favour of Parkin in March time. It might have been the wake up call needed by Jay who apart from Leon Jeanne was the most talented player that i have seen down NP/CCS.