Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HUGHTON, BARTON & SMITH ?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:59 pm

What you think of Hughton getting the Cardiff job, and possibly bringing Joey Barton & Alan Smith here to BEEF up our midfield. two engines who work hard and also possess a good level of strength, experience and technical ability? the type of players we need that wear their hearts on sleeves - With a few big names in - Including Bellamy - I'm sure we'll be able to attract the right kind of players, as long as the club is backed financially?

Just looking for thoughts etc etc - nothing too deep!

OR - What managers would you suggest, and the players they may think of bringing with them? :ayatollah:

Re: HUGHTON, BARTON & SMITH ?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:01 pm

barton will want alot of money

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:01 pm

There's no way Barton would come down to the Championship but Smith might. It would make things interesting with Smith and Bellamy in the same team, never boring :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Joey Barton, as in Joey Barton who was one of Newcastles best players last season and has been linked with Liverpool. Yeah lets go get him, at spurs hughton must have worked with Defoe and Berbatov too so lets get them in to lead our attack :roll:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:04 pm

funny post :lol:

we might get smith though i doubt it because he hates us, we have no chance of signing joey barton he's not signing a new contract at newcastle because they can't afford to offer him enough money so we are def not going to be able to offer him what he wants

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:09 pm

Interestingly - Chris Hughton has a Son called Cian - A 6ft 2" defender now without a club. and has scored in 10% of the games he's played in - in the 2yrs he spent at Lincoln before they were relegated from the football league.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cian_Hughton

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:11 pm

Bunk wrote:Joey Barton, as in Joey Barton who was one of Newcastles best players last season and has been linked with Liverpool. Yeah lets go get him, at spurs hughton must have worked with Defoe and Berbatov too so lets get them in to lead our attack :roll:

Shall we refer back to the multi million pound Craig Bellamy who Tottenham, Sunderland and Liverpool were after before he decided to play for Cardiff City? ;) (ok - I know it's his home club - but come on Stranger things have happened!) :lol:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Excellent players, I don't think we'd finish top of the fair play league though :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:15 pm

evil c wrote:Excellent players, I don't think we'd finish top of the fair play league though :ayatollah:

Feck the fair play league - least of our worries! :lol: We need to be a Stoke next season!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Merlin wrote:What you think of Hughton getting the Cardiff job, and possibly bringing Joey Barton & Alan Smith here to BEEF up our midfield. two engines who work hard and also possess a good level of strength, experience and technical ability? the type of players we need that wear their hearts on sleeves - With a few big names in - Including Bellamy - I'm sure we'll be able to attract the right kind of players, as long as the club is backed financially?

Just looking for thoughts etc etc - nothing too deep!

OR - What managers would you suggest, and the players they may think of bringing with them? :ayatollah:

barton is on £3million a year!!!
Smith is on £2 1/2 million a year!!!!

Plus transfer fees

No xhance.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:22 pm

what about the last sentence I put in my post? anyone like to add anything? :D

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:26 pm

I think he'd go for Leon Best, one of his signings when he was at Newcastle, great replacement for Jay.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:47 pm

leon best would be a great replacement for bothroyd!! would love to see him come to cardiff!! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Smith's rumoured to be going back to Leeds.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:07 pm

there both 2 players you hate, but if they played for us it would be ok :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Every player we've given shit to for 90 mins at the CCS has actually used it to their advantage and had excellent games!! We need some players like that ourselves! Instead of all the Nancy boys that shit out of a good hard tackle! ;)