Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: OVER 20 APPLICATIONS

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:wasnt it gethin and alan assigned to appoint the new manager?

Is that right ????

That is apparently correct.

[/quote="Blackwood_Bluebird"]

Would you trust a decision as important as this one to your staff ????

I wouldn't I would have to been hands on, this is the most important decision they will make, THEY MUST GET IT RIGHT, YOU CAN COCK UP ON PLAYERS, BUT NOT THE MANAGER !!!!!!

I HAVE FAITH IN THEM TO DELIVER :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

I completely agree with you, what I think will happen is that jenkins and whiteley will interview the applicants and will give their opinion to the owners, but the final decision will be down to the owners, Im sure they know they have got to get this decision right.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Wasn't long ago when the pro-Jones brigade was stating that we wouldn't have a better manager than Jones even applying for the position. MUGS!!

Can't we stop this pathetic Jones in/out Brigade/mob nonsense even now he's gone????

I accept there were a few who supported DJ who had this ridiculous view that we wouldn't be able to replace him with someone as good or better.

But I'm sure many more like myself recognised that there were many good quality applicants out there who would be only too glad to manage us.

Please don't make such stupid generalisations.

Generalisations..? People stated it very often on here

Yes generalisation in that you seem to be saying that all those who supported Dave Jones were saying it.

Which is far from the case.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Midfield general wrote:Wasn't long ago when the pro-Jones brigade was stating that we wouldn't have a better manager than Jones even applying for the position. MUGS!!

Here you go again.........."PRO JONES".........."MUGS"...........leave it drop FFS!!!!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:11 pm

I thought that GJ & AW were to search for a new manager and advise the board so that would suggest they will do the initial interview then probably make a recommendation for the board to consider.

We are in exciting times for the club no doubt about it and I bet that amongst these 20 applicants there are some very experienced managers but give me the old days when the Chairman just went out a got a manager. In fairness Huw The Spew has done a cracking job down at Swansea on that score.

I hope the process doesn't drag on though because I think when we hear who will be our new manager it will be a big lift for us all, I've just got a feeling about it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:17 pm

castleblue wrote:I thought that GJ & AW were to search for a new manager and advise the board so that would suggest they will do the initial interview then probably make a recommendation for the board to consider.

We are in exciting times for the club no doubt about it and I bet that amongst these 20 applicants there are some very experienced managers but give me the old days when the Chairman just went out a got a manager. In fairness Huw The Spew has done a cracking job down at Swansea on that score.

I hope the process doesn't drag on though because I think when we hear who will be our new manager it will be a big lift for us all, I've just got a feeling about it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not if its Avram Grant!!!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Can we pick 3 of them, that would be great.

Surely 3 would get us up!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:29 pm

Looking good :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote: OH HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED and HOW FAR WE HAVE COME .

Couldn't agree more with this statement but would acknowledge DJ's efforts for bringing us to this point. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
castleblue wrote:I thought that GJ & AW were to search for a new manager and advise the board so that would suggest they will do the initial interview then probably make a recommendation for the board to consider.

Not if its Avram Grant!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Might be a pointless question but where would they do the interviews?
Obvious answer would be down the stadium but that would make life easy for journalists. Anybody know? (or care?)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Is simon cowell on the judging panel? :lol: :lol:

They should televise these interviews and spread it out over a course of 6 weeks and make a series out of it :lol:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:33 pm

They should make me manager, seeing as I got this seasons Cardiff squad promoted twice in the game Football manager 2011.

Once as champs and the other the runners up spot.. If I can do it, why the hell could Dave Jones not do it ?

Yeah I know it's just a game... :D

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:56 pm

Cardiff_Llandaff_Bluebird wrote:They should make me manager, seeing as I got this seasons Cardiff squad promoted twice in the game Football manager 2011.

Once as champs and the other the runners up spot.. If I can do it, why the hell could Dave Jones not do it ?

Yeah I know it's just a game... :D

went unbeaten all season with wrexham and won the stupid FA trophy thing (not cup) and then aston villa signed me and they were in the prem!!!!

sign me up
:lol: