Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Insentivised Pay contracts for new signings?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:42 am

Relatively low contracts with big win bonuses and a big bonus for promotion - surely this is the way to go isn't it - discuss!!!

Re: Insentivised Pay contracts for new signings?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:44 am

i think so,

we have to many high earners under performing.... if they want the larger pay packets they need to earn them....

ie chops reportedly 20k ish .

Agree 100% with this then if all they are interested in is the money they will go that extra mile to gain promotion and thus earn the big bonus :ayatollah:

ihatealiens wrote:Relatively low contracts with big win bonuses and a big bonus for promotion - surely this is the way to go isn't it - discuss!!!

Great idea in my opinion because it will help cashflow by paying lower wages but rewards success. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:47 am

The way we should go I think.
We need a TEAM of people hungry for success.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:52 am

ihatealiens wrote:Relatively low contracts with big win bonuses and a big bonus for promotion - surely this is the way to go isn't it - discuss!!!

Got to agree with you on this :ayatollah:

I am a strong beliver of not paying players extra for scoring goals, As im not going to pass to you comes into some players heads.

Football is a team sport....You reward the team for what they do at the end of the season :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Think every team should do it,but it won't work if its only us,players will just sign for other clubs without the bonus.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:22 pm

the problem is that if we took this stance, it would be difficult to attract the better players, as they would surely have better offers with a higher basic wage from other clubs, we'd have to settle for any old player that would be willing to accept this kind of contract

im pretty sure there wouldnt be many about unfortunately

i seriously commend Ian Holloway for building a squad largely on this approach, but i feel that it would be very difficult for us to do so, without a manager with Holloway's attitude

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:56 pm

i think if the team draws they get 50% of their wages and if they lose they get f**k all ..... and if they lose like they did against middlesboro put in head locks and knuckle rub their heads!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:58 pm

always said on here ,a pay related on performance :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:44 pm

This is exactly what Swansea have done for a number of years, and look where it's got them! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:44 pm

yea cause the players would agree to it :roll: good idea though :ayatollah: