Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Avram Grant in Cardiff yesterday...

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:20 am

Was in the CCS yesterday ...... Interviewed?

Would Anyone be happy if he got the job?

Re: Avram Grant in Cardiff yesterday...

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:24 am

First time ive ever said this! I would consider returning my season ticket in protest at that appointment!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:38 am

No he wasn't! It was reported on sky news yesterday that he was back in isreal spending a religious period wIth his family!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:40 am

Wasn't to long ago that he was 1 of the most wanted managers in the country(Chelsea job)
I'd think he would be ok. Given time I think he would do well, but I think wages wise he's out of our league

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:40 am

Out of the names touted about he'd be a bit lower on my list, but at the end of the day the fella has managed Chelsea atthe highest level and will have the all important contacts required at our level - not a bad appointment at all if it materialises... :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:08 am

please tell me you lot are joking! people moaned about DJ not being passionate and standing there with his hands in his pockets and you say you'd be happy with Avram Grant, i've seen more passion and emotion in a f*cking cauliflower :evil: as for the chelsea job, he got that because of his close friendship with Abramovich, nothing to do with his ability! lets look at his record after chelsea....Portsmouth for 1 season....relegated.....West ham for 1 season.....relegated......cardiff city for 1 season.........You fill in the blanks :old:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:08 am

i would give him to the palestinians if he became our manager

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:27 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:i would give him to the palestinians if he became our manager

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:27 am

if you thought DJ was dry then grant is like a mixed dj and jonny hollins in one the most boring manager ive ever seen :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:29 am

JonScam wrote:Out of the names touted about he'd be a bit lower on my list, but at the end of the day the fella has managed Chelsea atthe highest level and will have the all important contacts required at our level

So why didn't he use these 'contacts' to keep West Ham and Portsmouth up? Or was it Frank Arnesen who had all the contacts at Chelsea, bought all the players and Grant was left to purely coach?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:17 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:please tell me you lot are joking! people moaned about DJ not being passionate and standing there with his hands in his pockets and you say you'd be happy with Avram Grant, i've seen more passion and emotion in a f*cking cauliflower :evil: as for the chelsea job, he got that because of his close friendship with Abramovich, nothing to do with his ability! lets look at his record after chelsea....Portsmouth for 1 season....relegated.....West ham for 1 season.....relegated......cardiff city for 1 season.........You fill in the blanks :old:

3rd time lucky :D

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:53 am

Ive heared a rumour that Grant maybe employed as a mentor to either Ardley or Burton ??? But the same source reckons that the Malaysians are on brink of pulling out which I dont believe for 1 minute .

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:02 am

What the f**k could grant teach them??? How to get relegated in as few games as possible!!!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:15 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Ive heared a rumour that Grant maybe employed as a mentor to either Ardley or Burton ??? But the same source reckons that the Malaysians are on brink of pulling out which I dont believe for 1 minute .

source?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:57 am

He is the most miserable looking Manager i have ever clapped eyes on and he would make DJ seem like the life and soul of the party in comparison :o

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:16 am

blueheaven wrote:He is the most miserable looking Manager i have ever clapped eyes on and he would make DJ seem like the life and soul of the party in comparison :o

He reminds me of Clement Freud's Henry the dog! :old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmiwNxuRJbA :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:54 pm

I can now GUARANTEE you that Avram Grant was DEFINITELY in Cardiff yesterday, he was spotted and stayed at the Village Hotel! I dont even know where that is - I'm crap with Cardiff Hotels - so I'll take a guess at down the bay! :!:

I still dont think he will get the Job though, as I agree with many of you that there is far more quality applying for the Job at CCFC! :ayatollah:

For me - If we can't get O'neill - then I'd be happy with Hughton who just edges it over Matteo IMO.

I can also confirm that someone I speak to who lives in Wolverhampton and gave me the news that JLS was signing here when he did, has also been adament all along that O'neill is DEFINITELY speaking to CCFC? But Im not so sure myself.

Lets wait and see what happens?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:59 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:Ive heared a rumour that Grant maybe employed as a mentor to either Ardley or Burton ??? But the same source reckons that the Malaysians are on brink of pulling out which I dont believe for 1 minute .

source?

somebody I dont take seriously for 1 minute , so Im not holding my breath on this just spreading gossip from an un reliable source . Somebody who reckons he knows a current CCFC director or so he says :lol:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:06 pm

avram grant looks like toad of the wind in the willows.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:06 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:avram grant looks like toad of the wind in the willows.....

i was thinking john prescott but i see your point

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:12 pm

Good god no :!:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:12 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:avram grant looks like toad of the wind in the willows.....

:laughing3:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Merlin wrote:I can now GUARANTEE you that Avram Grant was DEFINITELY in Cardiff yesterday, he was spotted and stayed at the Village Hotel! I dont even know where that is - I'm crap with Cardiff Hotels - so I'll take a guess at down the bay! :!:

I still dont think he will get the Job though, as I agree with many of you that there is far more quality applying for the Job at CCFC! :ayatollah:

For me - If we can't get O'neill - then I'd be happy with Hughton who just edges it over Matteo IMO.

I can also confirm that someone I speak to who lives in Wolverhampton and gave me the news that JLS was signing here when he did, has also been adament all along that O'neill is DEFINITELY speaking to CCFC? But Im not so sure myself.

wasnt he in israel on some sort of religous thing or something?

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:19 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Merlin wrote:I can now GUARANTEE you that Avram Grant was DEFINITELY in Cardiff yesterday, he was spotted and stayed at the Village Hotel! I dont even know where that is - I'm crap with Cardiff Hotels - so I'll take a guess at down the bay! :!:

Maybe - but NOT yesterday he wasn't I can assure you of that!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Merlin wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Maybe - but NOT yesterday he wasn't I can assure you of that!

fair enough, i thought id heard he was on tv or something, but maybe they got it wrong

how'd you know he was at CCS?

man i hope we dont get him

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Well wouldn't you consider it a co-incedence that AG is in Cardiff, near the stadium when there just happens to be a managerial vacancy at the club?

Or maybe he just likes the idea that he can talk through two cups and a piece of string in techniquest and wanted to try it our for himself to use as a pitch side 4th official communication technique? ;)

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:52 pm

No way, he's a miserable b*stard. Also, two relegations in two years. No thanks.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:55 pm

He was at the Reading play off games too.

Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:40 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:please tell me you lot are joking! people moaned about DJ not being passionate and standing there with his hands in his pockets and you say you'd be happy with Avram Grant, i've seen more passion and emotion in a f*cking cauliflower :evil: as for the chelsea job, he got that because of his close friendship with Abramovich, nothing to do with his ability! lets look at his record after chelsea....Portsmouth for 1 season....relegated.....West ham for 1 season.....relegated......cardiff city for 1 season.........You fill in the blanks :old:

yeah agree with you :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:18 pm

I don't want him here!! :lol:

I'm just keeping you informed - and keeping this forum the place to be for news and info! ;)