Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Andy Murray/Tennis - why ?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Like Dave Jones???????

Dave Jones never got to 4th in the World :lol:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 pm

bit like eddie the eagle. became famous for being crap, another nearly man. if this was paid by tax payers, there would be demonstrations across the land, my tip, give up :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:42 pm

LOL
plus he always gets his arse spanked then he gets angry and does his hulk impression and beats no 60 in the world by one stroke, then strokes himself off.

stroke ...No wait thats golf :lol:

wins by one set and is World class.
'a bit like shit England friendlies when they win by one goal and conceed to baahrain or bulgaria

Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Is that multi-millionaire, 4th ranked on the entire planet Andy Murray you're on about?

In arguably the strongest period there's ever been in the sport with only record Grand Slam holder Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and 40-odd game unbeaten Novak Djokovic in front of him?

Christ, you must be some player :shock:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:31 pm

The Scots have got Andy Murray :lol: The English have got Tim Henman :lol:

Who have we got ? JOE CALZAGHE ! :D :ayatollah:

Nothing more to say, really !

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:33 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:Is that multi-millionaire, 4th ranked on the entire planet Andy Murray you're on about?

In arguably the strongest period there's ever been in the sport with only record Grand Slam holder Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and 40-odd game unbeaten Novak Djokovic in front of him?

Christ, you must be some player :shock:

Spot on.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:49 pm

I like Tennis, watching Wimbledon is one of the highlights of the summer, especially when there's no major tournament on, e.g World Cup/Euro championships.

Murray isn't doing too badly either, as others have said it's no easy task competing against some of the top players in history, i.e Nadal & Federer !

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:I like Tennis, watching Wimbledon is one of the highlights of the summer, especially when there's no major tournament on, e.g World Cup/Euro championships.

Murray isn't doing too badly either, as others have said it's no easy task competing against some of the top players in history, i.e Nadal & Federer !

I agree and the only people who seem to knock tennis, are those who can't play it!

Murray has done extremely well to get to the semi-final on clay, which is an alien surface to most British tennis players!

He's also been playing with an ankle injury! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:16 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:I like Tennis, watching Wimbledon is one of the highlights of the summer, especially when there's no major tournament on, e.g World Cup/Euro championships.

I agree and the only people who seem to knock tennis, are those who can't play it!

Murray has done extremely well to get to the semi-final on clay, which is an alien surface to most British tennis players!

sorry. i take all what i said back. i didnt know he had an ankle injury :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:19 pm

tennis is beyond shit !!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:35 pm

It's all about Tennis! After Cardiff City of course. Come on Andy Murray!

Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:39 pm

ninianblue wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

sorry. i take all what i said back. i didnt know he had an ankle injury :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Fancy a game Saturday? :) :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:03 pm

ninianblue wrote:bit like eddie the eagle. became famous for being crap, another nearly man. if this was paid by tax payers, there would be demonstrations across the land, my tip, give up :ayatollah:

Jesus Christ Eddie the Eagle Edwards was a after dinner speaker at works event a few years ago and the fucker died on his feet. He was shit awful it was embarrassing :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:07 pm

Why what? Why are they both shit? I think Murray is cock and tennis is a game for cocks. He is to his sport what England are at football. Overated shit.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:13 pm

PtB wrote:Why what? Why are they both shit? I think Murray is cock and tennis is a game for cocks. He is to his sport what England are at football. Overated shit.

I'm a cock then! :)

As I said above though, Murray has done extremely well to get to the semi-final on clay, which is an alien surface to most British tennis players, he's also been playing with an ankle injury and the only people who seem to knock tennis, are those who can't play it! :P

Fancy a game sometime? :) :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:11 pm

ANDY MURRAY IS AN OUTSTANDING TENNIS PLAYER WHO JUST HAPPENS TO BE AROUND AT THE SAME TIME AS THE 2 BEST PLAYERS OF ALL-TIME! .... HE`S AN INCREDIBLE ATHLETE WHO WOULD JUMP OVER CARDIFF CITYS PLAYERS HEADS! FACT!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:15 pm

AHERNE wrote:ANDY MURRAY IS AN OUTSTANDING TENNIS PLAYER WHO JUST HAPPENS TO BE AROUND AT THE SAME TIME AS THE 2 BEST PLAYERS OF ALL-TIME! .... HE`S AN INCREDIBLE ATHLETE WHO WOULD JUMP OVER CARDIFF CITYS PLAYERS HEADS! FACT!

Exactly, far better than Henman, and he's not English.

Murray :ayatollah: