Re: NEXT CARDIFF MANAGER - LATEST ODDS

Mon May 30, 2011 5:27 pm

There are some right arseholes in there fair play,

Strachan :lol:

Alan Irvine :lol:

Aidy Boothroyd :lol:

And funniest of all...

Chris Coleman :lol:

They sure know how to kick us when we're down!

Why no odds on Paulo Sousa?

Mon May 30, 2011 5:54 pm

Only one name on there that stands out - Martin O'Neill. Up and coming managers worth a try Gus Poyet and Mark Robins only other one that would interest me would be Warnock not really interested in anyone else.

Mon May 30, 2011 5:55 pm

pauly_gee wrote:Latest odds from William Hill as of 6:20pm:

7/2 Billy Davies
6/1 Chris Hughton
6/1 Roberto Di Matteo
12/1 Gordon Strachan
12/1 Paul Ince
12/1 Aidy Boothroyd
12/1 Alan Irvine
12/1 Roy Keane
14/1 Gareth Southgate
14/1 Mark Robins
14/1 Craig Bellamy
14/1 Chris Coleman
14/1 Phil Parkinson
16/1 Kevin Blackwell
16/1 Alan Curbishley
16/1 Lee Clark
16/1 Peter Reid
16/1 Sean O'Driscoll
20/1 John Toshack
20/1 Martin O'Neill
20/1 Phil Brown
20/1 Gianfranco Zola
20/1 Gus Poyet
20/1 Ian Holloway
20/1 Malky Mackay
25/1 Ray Wilkins
33/1 David O'Leary

Urgh, Gordan Strachan

Mon May 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Based on Annis' previous post, what odds do you think they would give on Neil Ardley?

I hope it doesn't materialize though

:(

Mon May 30, 2011 6:08 pm

pauly_gee wrote:Based on Annis' previous post, what odds do you think they would give on Neil Ardley?

Whoever it is, with bellers offered a player cach role, the new manager will need to be strong... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 6:10 pm

pauly_gee wrote:Based on Annis' previous post, what odds do you think they would give on Neil Ardley?

33/1 with Victor Chandler 20/1 with Stan James - One that has slipped in quite high in the betting is Paul Tisdale @ 7/1 with Victor Chandler - interesting hmmmmmm :lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 6:14 pm

I think it will be Hughton :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 6:16 pm

It's going to be a long road back to challenging for the top!

A few years of rebuilding required me thinks.

Mon May 30, 2011 6:24 pm

We have no control over whoever takes over, they just have to make it happen fast. I would take Billy Davies at least he shows passion!

Mon May 30, 2011 6:32 pm

It's a tricky one - most people WANT that passion (me included), but Billy is a bit of a choker too.

That's why my preference out of those on the list would be Warnock. He's bonkers, but gets results.

Mon May 30, 2011 6:32 pm

sky bet

http://www.skybet.com/betting/football/ ... l?aff=1572

Mon May 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Gareth Southgate would do a decent job IMO.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Ardley and or Burton would be a huge mistake IMO. Surely Burton was heavily involved in our tactics for the last few seasons. What contacts do they have for new players?? A big name would demand a good budget...these two guys would get scraps to live off. We need a big name and a big budget

Mon May 30, 2011 9:06 pm

Gary Neville
Paul scholes :lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 9:09 pm

davids wrote:Why no odds on Paulo Sousa?

Probably because he started managing Videoton in Hungary last week...

Mon May 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Must admit many of the names on that list would fill me with absolute terror. I reckon that Mark Robins would be a good shout and was surprised that Sheffield United didn't snaffle him up. Don't think you would get O'Neill, Davies will demand alt of money to rebuild the squad whilst the likes of O'Driscoll has the ability to create a decent footballing side. My feeling is that it will be Chris Hughton, but I think that having to build a side from scratch may be beyond him, he inherited a Newcastle side that should have romper the championship and did. For me though, the person that you really need at this time, is Ian Holloway.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:13 pm

DWQPR wrote:Must admit many of the names on that list would fill me with absolute terror. I reckon that Mark Robins would be a good shout and was surprised that Sheffield United didn't snaffle him up. Don't think you would get O'Neill, Davies will demand alt of money to rebuild the squad whilst the likes of O'Driscoll has the ability to create a decent footballing side. My feeling is that it will be Chris Hughton, but I think that having to build a side from scratch may be beyond him, he inherited a Newcastle side that should have romper the championship and did. For me though, the person that you really need at this time, is Ian Holloway.
we need Warnock.............now admit it damn you :lol: :lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 9:21 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
DWQPR wrote:Must admit many of the names on that list would fill me with absolute terror. I reckon that Mark Robins would be a good shout and was surprised that Sheffield United didn't snaffle him up. Don't think you would get O'Neill, Davies will demand alt of money to rebuild the squad whilst the likes of O'Driscoll has the ability to create a decent footballing side. My feeling is that it will be Chris Hughton, but I think that having to build a side from scratch may be beyond him, he inherited a Newcastle side that should have romper the championship and did. For me though, the person that you really need at this time, is Ian Holloway.
we need Warnock.............now admit it damn you :lol: :lol:

You can have him on three conditions:

1. You introduce white bands going round your blue shirts

2. Rename the CCS to Loftus Road

3. Change the club name from Cardiff City to Queens Park Rangers

Oh, and number four, keep Michael Chopra away from my malt whisky collection. Come to think of it, too upmarket for him! :lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Just a word of advice here.

The bookies will always put the fans' fav choice near the top of the betting, just to lure the optimist's money. ;)

Mon May 30, 2011 10:00 pm

Id love us to get o'driscoll but even 16/1 isnt going to tempt me to 2nd guess our boardroom

Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:13 pm

not happy with seeing chris hughton up top, that will just rubber stamp that ,the malaysians wont be dipping into there pockets again. we need a good manager ,but he also needs around 3-4 million to spend, and not rely on loanees.
most loanees dont care a f**k if we win or not cause they are not around for the next season, they are not wanted by there own clubs for a reason. out of all the loanees only 1 done good in ramsey and 1 average in olyfynjara ( mind the spelling ).

we need to be bringing in players who know the championship well, just to get us in the prem, it hurts me to see the jack cunts there, as a caerphilly boy, but now living past swansea it kills me everyday seeing these dirty humans wearing what i can describe as something i would wash my dogs arse with, so come on the board and malaysians dig deep and get us out of this f*cking league