Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

League Record Under Jones

Mon May 30, 2011 11:54 am

They just showed our league positions under Jones and they're not actually that good. I thought because we were challenging and had a squad good enough to get promoted for the last few years and a solid side prior to that we would be better than three mid-table finishes, 7th, 4th and 4th.

We did have a good FA Cup run and made the playoff final last year but defeat in the playoffs means you might as well have finished 7th anyway!

His win percentage was only 42% as well... that's not stunning for a side that has become a team challenging for promotion for the past three years.

The more time that passes the more I am feeling his departure is overdue.

Re: League Record Under Jones

Mon May 30, 2011 12:00 pm

Zabier wrote:They just showed our league positions under Jones and they're not actually that good. I thought because we were challenging and had a squad good enough to get promoted for the last few years and a solid side prior to that we would be better than three mid-table finishes, 7th, 4th and 4th.

We did have a good FA Cup run and made the playoff final last year but defeat in the playoffs means you might as well have finished 7th anyway!

His win percentage was only 42% as well... that's not stunning for a side that has become a team challenging for promotion for the past three years.

The more time that passes the more I am feeling his departure is overdue.

Probably over due by one season. Also interesting is the timing of it all, i mean today of all days, just prior to the kick off of the Championship play off final. There's got to be more than one irony in that!

Re: League Record Under Jones

Mon May 30, 2011 12:03 pm

win recorder was lower than I thought tbh although the loss recorded was also surprisingly low