" JONES TO STAY ? ? ? "

Mon May 30, 2011 9:13 am

Plesae tell me this is all nonsense!

I couldn't stomach one more minute under him

:(

Dave Jones draws up battle plan for next season
by Tim Gordon, South Wales Echo
May 30 2011

CARDIFF CITY’S Malaysian owners will this week pore over a battle plan for the 2011-12 campaign which has been drawn up for them by embattled boss Dave Jones.

The Bluebirds hierarchy have asked Jones to outline the budget he would need, in terms of wages and transfer fees, to rebuild City’s squad and launch another promotion bid.

Jones (pictured right) met City chief executive Gethin Jenkins over the weekend as part of the full and frank review into why he failed to get the star-studded squad given to him this season into the Premier League.

The Bluebirds’ flop will be put further into perspective this afternoon when Swansea and Reading, who both had smaller playing budgets, go head-to-head at Wembley in the Championship play-off final.

The Bluebirds’ board have yet to make a definitive statement on under-fire Jones’ future.

It is by no means certain Jones will be remaining at the helm, but chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee wants to see the manager’s thoughts on how he would press on again at the top.

Jones’ plans will be studied by club directors this week.

The Echo understands they have also been considering alternatives as manager, which include former Newcastle boss Chris Hughton and ex-Charlton chief Alan Curbishley.

But the Malaysians will be aware time is already running short, with new investment needed to strengthen a squad decimated by the departure of loan players plus those out of contract.

Jay Bothroyd, who seems Everton-bound, and Chris Burke are among 12 players who won’t be back for 2011-12.

There was weekend speculation over the future of star midfielder Peter Whittingham, too, who is being linked with a £1m move to Norwich.

Michael Chopra, another key figure, is wanted by Ipswich boss Paul Jewell.

Captain Craig Bellamy has pledged to return, but that will depend on how much the Malaysians want to spend on mounting another assault on promotion.

They are highly unlikely to be prepared to splash out big transfer fees and wages after backing Jones the whole way for 2010-11, only for promotion to blow up in their faces against Reading in the play-offs.

There have been reports Jones was a leading contender to be West Ham’s new manager following the departure of Avram Grant, but that job looks certain to go to ex-Bolton chief Sam Allardyce.

He has agreed terms for a contract, said to be worth at least £1.25m year, and will spearhead West Ham’s attempt to return to the top flight.

Re: JONES TO STAY?!?

Mon May 30, 2011 9:17 am

stay even :lol:

Well even if he goes they now have players out of him ..................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: JONES TO STAY?!?

Mon May 30, 2011 9:17 am

Not necessarily, at the moment. :?

Re: " JONES TO STAY ? ? ? "

Mon May 30, 2011 9:54 am

Wiggy, They don't want him, I promise you that and I Def don't want him, but DJ is Refusing to go, without being paid totally off, but watch this space.

All is not lost, its mind games now and the Malaysians are not happy to work with him, but wont give their money away freely.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:56 am

Annis..............wiggy has become a secret jack ;) watch him he is the new agent wiggy from the liberty, lots of new mates from up west :D :lol: :lol:

anyway mr wiggins hows the new job :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 9:57 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:Annis..............wiggy has become a secret jack ;) watch him he is the new agent wiggy from the liberty, lots of new mates from up west :D :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 10:02 am

dont think the malaysians will take a lot of notice of what you or I think,they will 'mull' it over and if they think its best for the club will keep him, if not they will get rid.
if he stays, then the malaysians have made their choice and oneards we go.

all this flak DJ is getting for not walking away is ludricous, give the bloke a break, its his occupation, he wants to do a job, would you have walked away from your job without getting what you are entitled to ?

Mon May 30, 2011 10:02 am

annis , if they dont want to give their money away freely then im afraid we are stuck with him for another season. and the article says they want to know how much jones needs to rebuild the squad..sounds to me like dave jones has brain washed everybody again

Mon May 30, 2011 10:04 am

struggling to fill the pages as usual over the bank holiday so he trawls through the message boards for tit bits and the rest is stating the obvious and basically jones might stay but then again he might not.
the standard of the journalism in that paper has plunged to new depths these last few weeks.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:09 am

Just how much more money are the directors prepared to waste by keeping DJ at our club? I can only surmise that certain people in the higher echelons of Cardiff City FC are happy for DJ to stay???

Mon May 30, 2011 10:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:Wiggy, They don't want him, I promise you that and I Def don't want him, but DJ is Refusing to go, without being paid totally off, but watch this space.

All is not lost, its mind games now and the Malaysians are not happy to work with him, but wont give their money away freely.

You can't blame them for that as you don't become wealthy businessmen by throwing money around. They will get shot of Jones in their own way, I have no doubt about that.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:13 am

Jones is gone, he's history. His atrocious management has cost Cardiff City Football Club
around £90 million. Right now the Malaysians are weighing up all the options, but only in
regard to getting rid of the arrogant fat tw*t as cheaply as possible

Mon May 30, 2011 10:14 am

What i dont understand in all this is the Malaysians and fellow directors ,being successful people who make money being hardnose in their business dealings could have not seen this scenario.OK i'm not the brightest but can someone tell me why he was''nt given notice at the start of the season if as he did he failed to get us promoted.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:29 am

i am not targeting the malaysians or any of the other members of the board, but i feel that if we had proper football members, dj would have been gone no matter what.
ok paying off DJ is something we have they have to think about but in the next few days we will see how serious our club is in gaining promotion.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:31 am

If the board don't sack him this week then they can all get fucked as far as I am concerned.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face from the malaysians.

Jones will relegate us this season and that will teach them....FUMING!!! :evil:

Mon May 30, 2011 10:37 am

Let's be honest whatever Jones' thoughts on what he needs next season to achieve his impossible dream of automatic promotion are, they will be a load of codswollop and will only add to his reputation as an incompetent manager.

Added to what the Malaysian’s already have on him as a useless tw*t I would say his own thoughts on what is required next season might just turn out to be the final paragraph in his own handwritten professional suicide note.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:Wiggy, They don't want him, I promise you that and I Def don't want him, but DJ is Refusing to go, without being paid totally off, but watch this space.

If this is the case Annis then surely this will be one long drawn out saga throughout the summer?

This power struggle will do no good for the club at all. All good free agents are getting snapped up and a new manager will have no time to shape this squad as he sees fit.

All very depressing from where I am standing :(

Mon May 30, 2011 10:47 am

Just commented on this in another thread and this is what I wrote:

Tell us something we dont know. This article says nothing that none of us could guess at. Of course Jones has got to come up with a plan for the Malaysians to study. I would say that plan would have to be exceptional to convince the Malaysians after his total flop this season. That plan will most likely include heavy investment which I doubt the Malaysians will trust Jones with. Out of all the people Jiones brought in this season only one has shone and that was only for a month, that is Ramsey. The others have struggled with only one of those coming good in the end and that was Bellamy. Alot of them have been jokes such as Naylor, Samuels, Edwards and Keogh. Does anyone one here trust in DJs judgement about bringing in new players, I for one dont.I'll just add a bit more.

I also cant stomach another minute of this guy as our manager.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:49 am

since 64 wrote:What i dont understand in all this is the Malaysians and fellow directors ,being successful people who make money being hardnose in their business dealings could have not seen this scenario.OK i'm not the brightest but can someone tell me why he was''nt given notice at the start of the season if as he did he failed to get us promoted.

All I can think of is the "Vote of Confidence" rule. If they gave him his years notice would that have made DJ go for it.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:50 am

Sounds to me as though no matter what Jones puts in as his blueprint for promotion the decision has already been made i.e. Taxi for Mr Jones! :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 10:51 am

If he does stay it's not the end of the world. After all we did finish 4th. God help us if we finish mid table!
At least we know if he's here for one more season we won't be in a relegation battle. Let him have his last year, We won't be pushing for the playoffs anyway unless we spend.

On the other hand if VT is going to push for protomion we need a new manager.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:55 am

Kanester wrote:If he does stay it's not the end of the world. After all we did finish 4th. God help us if we finish mid table!
At least we know if he's here for one more season we won't be in a relegation battle. Let him have his last year, We won't be pushing for the playoffs anyway unless we spend.

On the other hand if VT is going to push for promotion we need a new manager.

About the only feasible reason to keep him if we are happy with mid-table. His only real credit here has been his first season when he kept us in the championship and nearly got us a play off place. He will be going into the new season under the same circumstances with a depleted squad. His record here is good but that was 6 years ago. Will he be able to do it again, that is keep us in the championship, I doubt it.

Mon May 30, 2011 10:57 am

I totally understand Malaysians and theyre in very tough situation, but there just isnt enough time, they gotta make a decision soon. And the best decision is to GET THAT WANKER OFF OUR f*cking CLUB AND BRING IN THE GUY WHO GIVES A SHIT

Mon May 30, 2011 11:04 am

how any one can say dj will get us relegated i dont understand ,what stats are there for any one to beieive that would happen , dj has built teams for us season after season on varying budgets ,selling our best players to balance the books , each season getting better than the last, i have total faith in our malaysian owners/ directors if they feel its best to give him 1 more season,to get us promotion ,if he fails again then they can get rid of him for nothing , look at it sensibly ,we have to pay him £800k any way we know he can build teams on a budget , we dont know what a new manager would do on a budget? or how much he would cost ,hopefully that saving would go to our playing budget , also we could look at sacking dj in january if we dont look like getting promotion, and that would be cheaper than sacking him now, i just want it settled now asap ,and get on with looking forward to our new signings, and the buzz of a new season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 11:36 am

since 64 wrote:What i dont understand in all this is the Malaysians and fellow directors ,being successful people who make money being hardnose in their business dealings could have not seen this scenario.OK i'm not the brightest but can someone tell me why he was''nt given notice at the start of the season if as he did he failed to get us promoted.

I suspect they wanted him to feel at ease to get on with the job. I also suspect they
will have a sting in the tail for David Jones when they finally kick him out of the
door. Riddler took them on and left with a fraction of what he expected. Jones will
meet the same fate

Mon May 30, 2011 11:44 am

Jones has gone

Mon May 30, 2011 11:46 am

[quote="wigstar"]Plesae tell me this is all nonsense!

This post has now become pointless

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 87,00.html

Should it now be removed under the guidelines posted yesterday????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon May 30, 2011 11:46 am

Elwood Blues wrote:
wigstar wrote:Plesae tell me this is all nonsense!

This post has now become pointless

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 87,00.html

Should it now be removed under the guidelines posted yesterday????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

see merlin :oops: :D

Mon May 30, 2011 11:53 am

The one thing I will say is that they're not making a kneejerk reaction, they're looking at all angles and possibilities, hopefully at the end of it any decision will be in the best interests of Cardiff City, whatever comes of this the next few months are gonna be very interesting especially if them down west gain promotion today God forbid. I trust TG and VT to do the right thing as they have a lot to lose or a lot to gain depending on how you view it.

I personally would like to see a new man in charge with fresh ideas, but if Jonesy stays there's nought we as fans can realistically do so let's see what the week brings. :?

Mon May 30, 2011 12:26 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Annis..............wiggy has become a secret jack ;) watch him he is the new agent wiggy from the liberty, lots of new mates from up west :D :lol: :lol:

OK Baz but I could be free for Tuesday nights and Saturday afternoons :?

:ayatollah: