Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Play off final, will you watch it?

Mon May 30, 2011 8:32 am

F..k all else on so I probably will. Who do I wan't to win, Reading. Would be good to see a Welsh side in the Premiership, yes that would be true if Cardiff got there but I am one of those people who just doesn't like the Jacks. Never have done, nothing personal, I just don't like them. I remember having the pleasure of being on a bus that left the Galed pub in Gelli to travel to the old Vetch Field. Quite a few characters were on the bus that day, certainly never a dull moment. Always enjoyed the craic(thats craic and not crack by the way) on route to the game. Few beers and some good music. there was always a rivalry with the Wurzels as well but the game against the Jacks was always the big game for me. The Jacks in the premiership, not even contemplating it at the moment. It was bad enough them being in the old first division. So to finish off I am firmly in the " Keep the Jacks in the Championship" camp. How about you?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Play off final, will you watch it?

Mon May 30, 2011 8:44 am

It's football, of course I'll watch it. I want Reading to win but I think it's mainly because I want us to keep having derbies with Swansea. Some of our most emotional games over the last 2 seasons have been against the Jacks, so yeah, it's Reading for me.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:55 am

Reading for me also......

Despite Swansea being a Welsh team they are our biggest rivals, y would we wish them success, Its not a nation v nation game...

I love our Derby days and the rivalry.....

Cmon Reading!

Would Man utd av wanted Liverpool to have beaten Barcelona if it was them on Saturday!! Dont think so...

Would Celtic have wanted Rangers to win etc.... etc.....

nope....

I will congratulate the Jaks if they win, but I dearly hope that Reading play them off the park!

Mon May 30, 2011 8:56 am

Won't be watching it

Mon May 30, 2011 8:58 am

Emotional yes, would agree with you there. I remember the season before last when Chopra scored in time added on, how I felt when we had won the game. That's what football is all about. There have been other moments, Leeds at home in the Fa Cup. Barnsley in the semi final of the Fa Cup. Even the final, although we lost. The build up to the Blackpool game at Wembley and when we twice took the lead. Everton, also in the Fa cup, to name but a few. Great memories. I am sure there will be more. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 9:10 am

No,have much better things to do on my day off than watch those arseholes !! :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 9:21 am

Not watching it, driving my son back to Kent so will no doubt see some coaches depending on which way I go!!!!

Not gonna listen to it, last 2 games I`ve tuned into the Jacks (Leeds at home cos there was nowt else on the radio when i was in the car and Forest game recently hoping they`d lose) theyve won so for that reason I`m out..lol

Come on you Royals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon May 30, 2011 9:24 am

Cardiff season over any other matches are futile , will check headlines at 6pm to see if my adopted team READING are up , any other result is bad news for cardiff :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 9:25 am

YEP 100% I will watch it ,and I will be going for a Swans win, and hope the swans take the Welsh flag into the prem.
GO ON SWANS, TAKE WALES ON TO THE WORLS STAGE OF FOOTBALL. I wish it could have been us, but now its down to you.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:25 am

No way. :old:

Mon May 30, 2011 9:26 am

Essex Bluebird wrote: I remember having the pleasure of being on a bus that left the Galed pub in Gelli to travel to the old Vetch Field. Quite a few characters were on the bus that day, certainly never a dull moment.

I used to run all the trips from The Galed back in the day,happy times,though it's in Ystrad Rhondda ,not Gelli--bloody puffs from there mun !!!

Mon May 30, 2011 10:07 am

welshcitydragon wrote:YEP 100% I will watch it ,and I will be going for a Swans win, and hope the swans take the Welsh flag into the prem.
GO ON SWANS, TAKE WALES ON TO THE WORLS STAGE OF FOOTBALL. I wish it could have been us, but now its down to you.

:|

Mon May 30, 2011 10:22 am

welshcitydragon wrote:YEP 100% I will watch it ,and I will be going for a Swans win, and hope the swans take the Welsh flag into the prem.

In accordance with the board rules I will be as polit as possible.

But as my old mate Macenro you used to say ' YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS'

Mon May 30, 2011 10:27 am

will have it on in background defo cheering reading on.if the unthinkable happens and swansea start winning tv will go off as just coudnt stomach that.ive grown to accept that it wasnt our year but dont think i could ever come to terms with see in jacks in prem

Mon May 30, 2011 10:27 am

I will watch it on the FL league show tonight.....if they lose ;)

Mon May 30, 2011 11:06 am

Quite simply, If The Jacks are in the Premier League after today it will only serve to outline our failure and make us feel even more depressed than we already are, if that's possible!
We, no the players and Manager, blew the best chance we have ever had of making all our dreams come true so I will NOT be watching and can only pray that if The Jacks win our club gets the biggest wake up call imaginable and stirs itself next season into a massive effort to make up for the shambles of this one.
THE ONE THING THAT WILL REMAIN CONSTANT IS OUR LOYAL SUPPORT, THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE! :ayatollah:

Mon May 30, 2011 11:24 am

I will keep track of result, won't watch it on TV or online tho, two terrible teams playing each other, i'd rather watch Man U bottling