Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Barcelona Better Than Brazil of the 1970S?

Sat May 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Absollutely brilliant performance tonight, Man Utd were lucky to get away with 3-1.

I aint seen better. :ayatollah:

Re: Barcelona Better Than Brazil of the 1970S?

Sat May 28, 2011 11:08 pm

Sorry mate but the Brazil v Italy 1970 World cup final has to be the greatest display of football ever !!!!

:old: :old: :old: :old:

:ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 11:09 pm

Mind you ..................... Barcelona are absolutely amazing to watch.

:old:

Sat May 28, 2011 11:11 pm

"Football education" comes to mind !!!!

Sat May 28, 2011 11:32 pm

It's just like watching Swansea.

Sun May 29, 2011 9:19 am

the way barca play as to be the way forward in world football .... simply breath taking and unplayable against! ... passing sides always rise to the top! ... i hate short corners but barcas last night were frightening! what a team and manager! GREATEST OF ALL-TIME!

Sun May 29, 2011 9:44 am

This barcelona side is the best footballing side ever in any era .

Sun May 29, 2011 10:45 am

The Brazil team of the 70's played more of the cuff, while Barcelona play a perfect tactical game, both great teams :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 29, 2011 11:04 am

The Cruyff inspired Ajax side of the 70's and their 'total football' philosophy are revered. Arrigo Sacchi's AC Milan side of the late 80's/early 90's were a formidable team, as were the Liverpool side in the late 70's/early 80's, but this Barcelona team is on another level to all those IMO. They're on a different planet to any other team i've watched, and i don't don't say that lightly.

I'd actually go as far as to say that they're almost playing a different game.

Lets not forget that this Man Utd team are a very good side, and they were made to look very, very ordinary last night. No other team would have owned Utd like Barca did last night. You really do run out of superlatives when you think about how this Barca team play.

Better than the Brazil team of the 70's?

From what i've seen, yes.

Sun May 29, 2011 11:16 am

Agreed frodo

Football has come on leaps and bounds over the years . For instance in the 70's you were only allowed 1 substitute . these days you can name 7 as part of a squad . The offside rules have changed where it's much more difficult to score in the modern game .players are now much more like athletes or as i call them robots -lol .

the top level footballers are far more skillfull than years ago .i could go on and on

it's the same with rugby like the great welsh sides of the 70's wouldn't have a chance against a side like munster for example in the modern game

I think this barcelona side has taken football to another level . if barcelona could play the 70's brazil side now barcelona would win easy but of course you could argue that if that brazil side was around now with modern technology they would probably be like barcelona now

i don't think any football side can getter any better than barcelona right now

Sun May 29, 2011 11:24 am

MOZZER1 wrote:

Concur.....but Morrisey's a bollix :ayatollah:

Sun May 29, 2011 11:28 am

MOZZER1 wrote:Agreed frodo

Football has come on leaps and bounds over the years . For instance in the 70's you were only allowed 1 substitute . these days you can name 7 as part of a squad . The offside rules have changed where it's much more difficult to score in the modern game .players are now much more like athletes or as i call them robots -lol .

the top level footballers are far more skillfull than years ago .i could go on and on

it's the same with rugby like the great welsh sides of the 70's wouldn't have a chance against a side like munster for example in the modern game

I think this barcelona side has taken football to another level . if barcelona could play the 70's brazil side now barcelona would win easy but of course you could argue that if that brazil side was around now with modern technology they would probably be like barcelona now

It's very difficult to compare teams or individuals from different eras in any sport. There are just too many variables to consider. It's why it's always a contentious thing to start "discussing" over a few pints down the pub. Everyone will have their own opinion and reasoning. It'll usually ends up in an all out argument.

:lol: