Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Nothing against Ali personally but.....

Fri May 27, 2011 11:32 pm

Midfield general wrote:can we have a change next season. I do feel he's somewhat 'yesterdays man' IMO

feck me there'll be no fecker left there at all at this rate :lol:

Fri May 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Midfield general wrote:can we have a change next season. I do feel he's somewhat 'yesterdays man' IMO

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry nothing wrong with Ali :o what do you want some boring old fart that has no humour ? Bollocks to that Ali is fantastic :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

:lol: Well 'if' he gets paid then we can put the savings into the 'JONES OUT' fund :lol:

and how much is in the fund at the moment?

Fri May 27, 2011 11:36 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Johnny Rythmn wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry nothing wrong with Ali :o what do you want some boring old fart that has no humour ? Bollocks to that Ali is fantastic :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah I know him. he was telling me that the pig commander has to vet his playlist and if hee veers from this he will get the sack.
If he had his own way he'd have the gaff rocking :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 11:37 pm

If i had my way Chief he would have a free reign :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 11:40 pm

MG dont remember ever disagreeing with you, but i do on this one. :cry:
i kind of agree id did get a lil cringy end of season, but he was only trying to get a pre match atmo that we all asked for.
over the years he has given me plenty of laughs :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 11:46 pm

He is only as good as he is allowed to be. It is pretty obvious that he is being sensored :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 11:56 pm

Do you really want someone as bad as that Jasper dude ? :o

Sat May 28, 2011 12:07 am

Lets sell it to "Kiss 101"... "Make Some Noise........ We Love The City :shock: "

Ali is a Legend! :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 6:41 am

I just get fed up of him playing the same songs all the time. Its really irritating.

Sat May 28, 2011 6:51 am

its his choice of songs that gets me fed up.
hey jude is aweful

Sat May 28, 2011 6:51 am

Midfield general wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:I just get fed up of him playing the same songs all the time. Its really irritating.

Don't tell me Bob Marley 'Dont worry be happy'!!!!

Ive heard that more times this season then the rest of my life put together!!! :twisted:

Aswell as Galvanise by Chemical Brothers, and that Allstar song. I find Ali boring.

Sat May 28, 2011 7:33 am

Ali is a legend.
Anything out of character is direction from the egg leaders. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 8:28 am

Ali works hard and is passionate about City and how we are portrayed, Ali does not have total control over his schedule and playlist and in fairness to him even though some thought his antics were cringeworthy ( I did not though ) you cannot deny he got the crowd going and that was his aim.

Sat May 28, 2011 8:41 am

It's the way of the world these days. Most will tell you
what to do or say etc :o

Sat May 28, 2011 8:42 am

i think ali is good myself, at least hes got sense of humour, one thing i am surprised no one has mentioned and that really annoyed me though was the "only 7 more games to promotion/only 6 more games..." he would shout out before each game.he could of left that out. i wouldn't like to see him moved on as he does a good job of getting the crowd going.

Sat May 28, 2011 11:25 am

Ali is a legend full stop :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 11:38 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Ali is a legend full stop :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Got nothing against him, but he's just an another announcer at a football stadium in my book, legends don't come into it, you're becoming more of a legend in my eyes Nukes (CHIEF) ;) :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 11:41 am

nobber wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Ali is a legend full stop :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Got nothing against him, but he's just an another announcer at a football stadium in my book, legends don't come into it, you're becoming more of a legend in my eyes Nukes (CHIEF) ;) :lol: :ayatollah:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :D

Sat May 28, 2011 12:24 pm

What do you want ? No let me guess ! GOD SAVE THE QUEEN ?

Sat May 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Midfield general wrote:
griff105 wrote:Ali is a legend.
Anything out of character is direction from the egg leaders. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He can't be much of a legend if he bows to pressure

GOD DAM , Would hate to be locked in a lift with you ! we would all be doing the keep the home fires burning, and Sorry no fun or laughting in here post on the walls.

Sat May 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Your turning into Victor Meldrew :x

Sat May 28, 2011 12:39 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:

Your turning into Victor Meldrew :x

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 1:31 pm

I've always thought that Ali did a good job but at the QPR, Boro and the Reading playoff games he made a right dick of himself in my opinion. I was cringing and wishing for him to just shut the f up. :oops:

Sat May 28, 2011 2:29 pm

If Ali is to persist with the "Come on support the boys, make some noise" then we should have a song that we know we will break into straight away because the crowd goes deathly quiet afterwards and we look stupid.

All we need to do is agree that once he finishes saying the above we all start singing "You are my Cardiff" or "Greatest team in the world" so the crowd hits the ground running. :idea:

Sat May 28, 2011 5:56 pm

I will never forget his tribute song to the Pompey fans, Rock Around The Clock. The look on their lads faces was priceless! Thanks Ali you do a fantastic job mate! :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Ive heard it all now :lol:

We didnt get promoted so blame the pa annoucer :lol: :lol:

Really? What a pile of rubbish, ali has got the crowd up this year (when no one was)

Ali is a ledgend of cardiff but i do agree maybe its time for some new songs

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Ali is brilliant, they tried changing before with some poor attempts from local radio and it was a disaster

Sat May 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Pinster25 wrote:Ive heard it all now :lol:

We didnt get promoted so blame the pa annoucer :lol: :lol:

Really? What a pile of rubbish, ali has got the crowd up this year (when no one was)

Ali is a ledgend of cardiff but i do agree maybe its time for some new songs

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Who said it was because we didn't get promoted..? There has been people mentioning his performances all season :roll:

Everyones blamed different people for not getting promoted just as well blame ali

Sat May 28, 2011 10:59 pm

ali is a part of cardiff city. maybe you wouldnt here so much of him. if the atmosphere was any good. hes just doing what us fans should be doing, trying to create an atmosphere .so the players here it in the dressing room. something we cant do . without help?