Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THOSE MALAYSIAN FELLERS, A POSITIVE VIEW!!!

Fri May 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Vincent Tan has come into Cardiff City on the quiet, through TG. He is
one of Malaysias richest men,and one of their most successful businessman.

He thought long and hard about taking Cardiff City on, yes he has ulterior motives,
but his are far more reliable than some rich prince wanting to have a Club bigger
than Man Utd... those people buy things on a whim, and walk away just as quickly!!

Tan has already set about totally restructuring the Club, streamlining it, and looking
for marketing and Sales opportunities (Bellamy was a masterstroke) he is bringing
respectability back to Cardiff City, we are on the up.

So far, I believe sticking with Dave Jones at Xmas has been his only mistake, but
an understandable one. It has been his only gamble. It failed, Jones let him, the
club and the fans down, and so did his players. Tan will not get caught with his
pants down again

Its ludicrous for some to start worrying that he's off. Jesus Christ, are our fans
absolutely mad?? YES, he wanted promotion this season, but he stated months ago
that it was a three year plan to get us up. He will be angry and feeling let down
just as we are... but he will also see the response of the supporters re: Season
Tickets... magnificent... They specifically made the point that if THEY do their
bit then they expect the fans to do the same... we have!!!

SO... to the matter in hand.

Suddenly, supporters are asking that he start making positive statements, that
he pull his finger out and get someone in NOW, today, immediately, cos the Club
is in BIG trouble.. What a load of bollocks. Thats the Ridsdale way, the Sam way...
all soundbites and noise

Vincent Tan knows exactly what he's doing here. Sam/Ridsdale/PMG... all these
have given supporters reason to doubt their integrity. VT has not.

I think its wrong of us to doubt or cast aspersions against the feller who has saved
this club from extinction

He trusted us to show us how committed we are. We have done so, by all accounts
he is ecstatic about the season ticket sales, its shown him that we are keeping to
OUR side of the bargain

Surely.... now is the time to trust him... 100%... to keep to his side of the bargain

I think questioning Tans motives and tactics right now is destabilising and should stop

Re: THOSE MALAYSIAN FELLERS, A POSITIVE VIEW!!!

Fri May 27, 2011 8:10 pm

excellent post taffy some very good points you've made there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 8:26 pm

the blue path wrote:excellent post taffy some very good points you've made there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Well said, Taffy....

VT and TG are not likely to say anything (positively or negatively) until there is something worthwhile to say....

In the meantime, they've hardly 'let us down' have they?? And by the same token, to date WE haven't ;et THEM down!!

Onward and forward!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Great post TA.

Like everyone else I am annoyed at how our season finished. Yes I did expect it more than most but even so it still hurts. At this moment i have no faith in the manager and the group of players we have, MacNaughton, Bellamy and one or two more excluded. I am feeling really low about the club I love but I do have faith in the fact that VT will come up trumps.

Fri May 27, 2011 8:57 pm

I have every faith in our owners to do what is best for this club, IMO they've already shown great commitment to Cardiff City like VT paying Bellamy's salary from his own pocket as an example.

We may need to take 2 steps back to move forward again but IMO it's a step worth taking.

Keep the faith!!!

Fri May 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Good post mate. I don't think anyone should doubt the Malaysians. They have saved our Club from going under, provided the funds to keep us going and to fund a promotion challenge. There are some big decisions ahead for them but they don't need to rush them. They haven't ploughed in millions of pounds just to watch it all fall apart. They are desperate for Premiership success, for different reasons to us, but they want it all the same. They are successful businessmen and they are winners. People in this part of the world should have a bit more faith!!

Fri May 27, 2011 9:18 pm

Well said Taffy, The malaysians will let us know in time whats happening. And i think it will be a positive outcome. By the way what mob were or are you in?

Fri May 27, 2011 9:40 pm

TA, well said. Very intelligent post.

Fri May 27, 2011 9:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Great post TA.

Like everyone else I am annoyed at how our season finished. Yes I did expect it more than most but even so it still hurts. At this moment i have no faith in the manager and the group of players we have, MacNaughton, Bellamy and one or two more excluded. I am feeling really low about the club I love but I do have faith in the fact that VT will come up trumps.

Cheers mate.

The doubters have very short memories. Because up until three weeks before
the start of last season we hadnt signed one player. The club cant afford to
leave it too long. But its not as if Vincent Tan is going to get a message off
Gethin Jenkins tomorrow is it:

"Hi Vinnie, do you know what, ive been on the messageboards and have just
realised we will need a new manager and players when jones goes"

"f**k me Geth, your right, never thought of that!"

"Well the fans are restless Boss!"

"Erm.... tell them everything is gonna be alright, tell them we're a family
and are gonna be bigger than Barcelona!"

f**k off VT, they'll never swallow that!"

Fri May 27, 2011 9:43 pm

roystonblue wrote:Well said Taffy, The malaysians will let us know in time whats happening. And i think it will be a positive outcome. By the way what mob were or are you in?

Mob?? Im not ex forces mate. I led a chequered past as a young lad and was considered
persona non grata :lol: The pic is my boy, he's a Royal Marine :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 9:44 pm

But it is worrying that the Malaysians are, we are told, not football people and seem to be conducting the City business form the other side of the world.

We don't want to miss out on the best players. It is only natural for the fans to be told positive news, even if it is just hype - so far we have been told nothing.

Fri May 27, 2011 9:56 pm

barry boy wrote:But it is worrying that the Malaysians are, we are told, not football people and seem to be conducting the City business form the other side of the world.

We don't want to miss out on the best players. It is only natural for the fans to be told positive news, even if it is just hype - so far we have been told nothing.

So far it is ONE WEEK since we lost to Reading.

Tan said months ago that his plan was to see Cardiff City in the Premiership
in three years, its now been two. Do you want him to say that again??

Fri May 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Cheers for the reply taffy, thought it was Royal Marines,My self airborne Royal engineers. But did serve with 45 comando in Northen Ireland in the 80s. Cheers again

Fri May 27, 2011 10:03 pm

roystonblue wrote:Cheers for the reply taffy, thought it was Royal Marines,My self airborne Royal engineers. But did serve with 45 comando in Northen Ireland in the 80s. Cheers again

Welcome mate. my lad actually joined the army and trained at Bassingbourne for the
signals, but changed his mind and swopped over to the Marines. You in Royston? I
got family near you in Walkern :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi used to live in royston,but moved about 7 years ago.My youngest son still lives there with the ex, my eldest is with me back in Wales. Just kept roystonblue since 97

Fri May 27, 2011 11:15 pm

Fans will never be happy.

Last summer they say the malaysians wouldn't invest, then they did now everyone is surprised our debt is more :? Surely that's the very basic of logic?

They moaned that PR was to vocal an told everyone to much in a popularity contest.
Now moan the malasyians won't day anything.

Both happened on mass this time last season FACT (as the kids say).

I mean I've seen people suggest larsson, re-Coker, Carew, etc etc and of course with Martin oneil managing :roll: now I have no problem with that however unrealistic but I know that these same people would then moan about increased debt.

Sat May 28, 2011 6:12 am

Taffy

i have lived in Asia for 15 years and there is a way (most) people do business here which is professional, discreet and yes to make a $ for themselves

Everyone is entitled to a mistake and IF they move DJ on they will look for the right man

Too many people forget all the changes behind the scenes to improve the running of the club

This is also one of many businesses in the Berjaya empire, VT knows what he is doing, keep the faith
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 6:13 am

Taffy

i have lived in Asia for 15 years and there is a way (most) people do business here which is professional, discreet and yes to make a $ for themselves

Everyone is entitled to a mistake and IF they move DJ on they will look for the right man

Too many people forget all the changes behind the scenes to improve the running of the club

This is also one of many businesses in the Berjaya empire, VT knows what he is doing, keep the faith

Sat May 28, 2011 7:23 am

Taffy, I agree totally with your post as I also have faith in the Malaysians coming up trumps. Nobody invest 6m then walks away the following year. Football is a very hard business to make profit due to the overheads etc. But what I do feel is that an urgent resolution to the manager issue is needed. OK I do want to see Jones replaced as he has taken us far as he can this has been proven by the last 3 seasons where we have fallen at the final hurdle, but If they decide to stick with Jones then they need to make that common knowledge quick so that we can all accept it and start building for next season.

We will be premier league in the next 3 years! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 8:17 am

Spot on taffy we are all hurting at the moment im gutted the jacks are playing at wembley and our so called players are on holidays, but like you im sure the malasians will get it right soon, :ayatollah: as long as they can see its time for change all round and get the right manager in to take us that one step further

Sat May 28, 2011 8:44 am

taffyapple wrote:Vincent Tan has come into Cardiff City on the quiet, through TG. He is
one of Malaysias richest men,and one of their most successful businessman.

He thought long and hard about taking Cardiff City on, yes he has ulterior motives,
but his are far more reliable than some rich prince wanting to have a Club bigger
than Man Utd... those people buy things on a whim, and walk away just as quickly!!

Tan has already set about totally restructuring the Club, streamlining it, and looking
for marketing and Sales opportunities (Bellamy was a masterstroke) he is bringing
respectability back to Cardiff City, we are on the up.

So far, I believe sticking with Dave Jones at Xmas has been his only mistake, but
an understandable one. It has been his only gamble. It failed, Jones let him, the
club and the fans down, and so did his players. Tan will not get caught with his
pants down again

Its ludicrous for some to start worrying that he's off. Jesus Christ, are our fans
absolutely mad?? YES, he wanted promotion this season, but he stated months ago
that it was a three year plan to get us up. He will be angry and feeling let down
just as we are... but he will also see the response of the supporters re: Season
Tickets... magnificent... They specifically made the point that if THEY do their
bit then they expect the fans to do the same... we have!!!

SO... to the matter in hand.

Suddenly, supporters are asking that he start making positive statements, that
he pull his finger out and get someone in NOW, today, immediately, cos the Club
is in BIG trouble.. What a load of bollocks. Thats the Ridsdale way, the Sam way...
all soundbites and noise

Vincent Tan knows exactly what he's doing here. Sam/Ridsdale/PMG... all these
have given supporters reason to doubt their integrity. VT has not.

I think its wrong of us to doubt or cast aspersions against the feller who has saved
this club from extinction

He trusted us to show us how committed we are. We have done so, by all accounts
he is ecstatic about the season ticket sales, its shown him that we are keeping to
OUR side of the bargain

Surely.... now is the time to trust him... 100%... to keep to his side of the bargain

I think questioning Tans motives and tactics right now is destabilising and should stop

Great post Taffy and I agree with you 100% the one thing I will never do is question the motivation of TG & VT as without them god alone knows where we would be. As Tony Blue Williams has said VT is looking to get a gaming licence in 2013 which will fit in nicely with his 3 year plan to get us in the PL so lets just stick with them and not question them.

The last thing we need to do is let them believe that we the fans have taken for granted everything they have done in the past 12 months, instead we as fans should concentrate on affecting the things we can affect and that is by supporting the team.

18,000 Season Tickets is a great way of showing we intend doing just that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 8:51 am

The Malaysians have gave us no reason to panic about our club. Keep the faith.

Sat May 28, 2011 9:02 am

SingaporeBlue wrote:Taffy

:ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 9:05 am

good post Taffy. Totally agree. VT saved the club and frankly is our only hope for the future success of the club.

We should be singing his praises and supporting him not giving him grief for the failure of DJ and some of his over paid, pampered, lilly livered squad.

In fairness to him he backed not sacked a manager who in the footballing world was seen as a competent manger. He had not had the many years exposure to DJ that we have had to learn the inside track on his management style (or lack of it). I'm sure he now understands why a lot of us supporters did not buy the DJ image that seems to be widely held outside cardiff.

My concern is as a businessman will he now try and do it the proper way and build a long term platform, as that will take many years to achieve and having been so close to the Prem will feel like a let down I'm sure, even if it is the right thing to do.

Sat May 28, 2011 9:13 am

shadwellblue wrote:good post Taffy. Totally agree. VT saved the club and frankly is our only hope for the future success of the club.

We should be singing his praises and supporting him not giving him grief for the failure of DJ and some of his over paid, pampered, lilly livered squad.

In fairness to him he backed not sacked a manager who in the footballing world was seen as a competent manger. He had not had the many years exposure to DJ that we have had to learn the inside track on his management style (or lack of it). I'm sure he now understands why a lot of us supporters did not buy the DJ image that seems to be widely held outside cardiff.

My concern is as a businessman will he now try and do it the proper way and build a long term platform, as that will take many years to achieve and having been so close to the Prem will feel like a let down I'm sure, even if it is the right thing to do.

From what I understand the Malaysians need us in the premiership by 2013.

Sat May 28, 2011 10:23 am

I have faith in TG and VT, they are building the club from the bottom up.
Last season play off final I was gutted losing to Blackpool, and I will again on Monday with the Jacks going up.

But Blackpool are back in the championship and the Jacks will be back in 2012/13.
But I trully believe the Malaysians will deliver Premiership football to us, 12/13 season at the latest, with a football club , in a much stronger financial state, and a team capable of stayimg in the premier league, not one season wonders, like our friends from the north and our cousins down west.
I think last season they gambled it did not come off, but it was worth a try.

But now I think we will see the real deal. :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 10:36 am

Excellent post and comments.

Sat May 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Great Post. Just what I needed. Keep things in perspective and positive. I've been at one of my lowest ebbs since the 'boro game and reading some of the posts on here have made me near suicidal :( This has helped lift some of the gloom. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat May 28, 2011 3:47 pm

surroundedbysaxons wrote:Great Post. Just what I needed. Keep things in perspective and positive. I've been at one of my lowest ebbs since the 'boro game and reading some of the posts on here have made me near suicidal :( This has helped lift some of the gloom. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's not the despair, it's the hope that gets you. A good long walk in the fresh air may help. If not diazepam or some electricity may lift your gloom. :D