Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF JONES GOES - WHAT ABOUT FERGUSSON?

Fri May 27, 2011 7:59 am

DArren Fergusson that is?

A young upcoming manager, a cheap option, a great tutor! Contacts and access to quality loan players, been in relegation battles, promotion chases and playoffs, fresh ideas - some people will write him off straight away when names like hughton, big sam, oneill, Matteo & Poyet etc have been banded about, but I think he could be a good choice tbh, thats if jones does go mind!!

Re: IF JONES GOES - WHAT ABOUT FERGUSSON?

Fri May 27, 2011 8:10 am

Merlin wrote:DArren Fergusson that is?

A young upcoming manager, a cheap option, a great tutor! Contacts and access to quality loan players, been in relegation battles, promotion chases and playoffs, fresh ideas - some people will write him off straight away when names like hughton, big sam, oneill, Matteo & Poyet etc have been banded about, but I think he could be a good choice tbh, thats if jones does go mind!!

AGREED!

Fri May 27, 2011 8:19 am

Can't see anything that merits Ferguson apart from the possibility of a few Man Utd reserves on loan.

Did well at Peterboro in Div 1 but struggled in the Championship. Was a complete disaster at Preston in the Championship and is now rebuilding his reputation back at Peterboro in Div 1 .

Not Championship quality in my opinion, and certainly not someone to take us forward, even DJ has a better track record than him :lol:

Fri May 27, 2011 8:26 am

piledriver64 wrote:Can't see anything that merits Ferguson apart from the possibility of a few Man Utd reserves on loan.

Did well at Peterboro in Div 1 but struggled in the Championship. Was a complete disaster at Preston in the Championship and is now rebuilding his reputation back at Peterboro in Div 1 .

Not Championship quality in my opinion, and certainly not someone to take us forward, even DJ has a better track record than him :lol:

You can't compare the two with the squads and wages they've both had!!

Fri May 27, 2011 8:29 am

I wouldn't mind him to be fair! Its only a matter of time before he gets to the big stage!

Fri May 27, 2011 9:20 am

Merlin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:Can't see anything that merits Ferguson apart from the possibility of a few Man Utd reserves on loan.

You are spot on with the point about wages but not when looking at the squad he had at Preston. I would say that at least 5, maybe 6, would have got into our first XI but he still had a dismal record there with rumours rife that he had lost the dressing room .............. certain similarities there :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 11:21 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

You are spot on with the point about wages but not when looking at the squad he had at Preston. I would say that at least 5, maybe 6, would have got into our first XI but he still had a dismal record there with rumours rife that he had lost the dressing room .............. certain similarities there :lol: :ayatollah:

Well you live and learn don't you - and id rather pay him £200k a year than the £800k jones is on - the majority of people on here want to give someone like Sam Hammam a second chance so I'm sure a manager like Ferguson deserves one in the championship.... At least well be able to then offer a new manager a PROPER contract?!

Fri May 27, 2011 11:25 am

No thanks.

Fri May 27, 2011 11:27 am

no ta..... :shock:

Fri May 27, 2011 11:27 am

PtB wrote:No thanks.

I bet it took you a great deal of time to think up your contribution to the thread! :lol:

Fri May 27, 2011 11:34 am

Merlin wrote:

I bet it took you a great deal of time to think up your contribution to the thread! :lol:

Been thining about it since 8:59am :lol:

Fri May 27, 2011 11:44 am

PtB wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Been thining about it since 8:59am :lol:

bluddy hell what did you do?
go back to sleep, have a bath, cook and eat breakfast
get dressed then answer it :)

Whoops almost forgot my pennath worth.

i think furguson would be a good call, lets face it guys 2011-2012 will not be about promotion
it will be about re-building, re-structuring, and stabalising the club.

i think darren would get us mid table no problem and thats all we can expect from a season thats gonna have all the above going on in it.

Fri May 27, 2011 11:47 am

His brain cell (yes notice the singular! not plural) takes a few hours to fire up in the mornings, much like Cardiff's under soil heating system..... :|

Fri May 27, 2011 11:50 am

The Premier 1 wrote:
PtB wrote:Been thining about it since 8:59am :lol:

bluddy hell what did you do?
go back to sleep, have a bath, cook and eat breakfast
get dressed then answer it :)

Whoops almost forgot my pennath worth.

i think furguson would be a good call, lets face it guys 2011-2012 will not be about promotion
it will be about re-building, re-structuring, and stabalising the club.

i think darren would get us mid table no problem and thats all we can expect from a season thats gonna have all the above going on in it.

I spent the whole time just thinking!!!!

He's done a decent job at Peterborough, though he has had a reasonable budget there.

He turned PNE into a playoff chasing team into one who got relegated.

Fri May 27, 2011 11:51 am

Merlin wrote:His brain cell (yes notice the singular! not plural) takes a few hours to fire up in the mornings, much like Cardiff's under soil heating system..... :|

Harsh stuff for a Friday!!!

Fri May 27, 2011 12:12 pm

PtB wrote:
Merlin wrote:His brain cell (yes notice the singular! not plural) takes a few hours to fire up in the mornings, much like Cardiff's under soil heating system..... :|

Harsh stuff for a Friday!!!

Sorry!!! :lol:

ok - shout outs - #ff @PTB, @ThePremier1 ....................... OH, whoops - Wrong place.....