Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jones not going anywhere

Fri May 27, 2011 5:34 am

In this article,all the reasons are there.
If it was going to happen, would have happened by now,house not up for sale,large compensation to pay out,small players budget for next season.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28771049/

Re: Jones not going anywhere

Fri May 27, 2011 7:11 am

If we are stuck with him for another year then we will have to get on with it--

Make Bellamy Director of Football that will piss him off

But at least they should give him a years notice and publicise it so that we know it will definetly be the last year and his last chance.

Fri May 27, 2011 7:16 am

The more it drags on, the less likely he seems to be going. If he's staying, the board have to back him and back him straight away so he can start to re-build for next season

Fri May 27, 2011 7:20 am

think a lot of chinese whispers seem to have been incorrect, regarding his house being sold, agreeing deal with west ham..
thats message boards for you

i am happy for him to stay.

Fri May 27, 2011 7:22 am

langley wrote:think a lot of chinese whispers seem to have been incorrect, regarding his house being sold, agreeing deal with west ham..
thats message boards for you

i am happy for him to stay.

What reason do you give for you to be happy for him staying. He as left us with no assests playing wise and failed every season to take us up

Fri May 27, 2011 7:34 am

I'm so disgusted I dont even know where to begin! What a shambles! Can't face having another season with that idiot in charge!

Fri May 27, 2011 7:58 am

why am i happy ?
well ,every season he has been here we have got better, i know this year ended in failure but not all donw to Jones, i think the players can take a lot of the responsibility.
He has brought in good players, most of the time here had to work on a very tight budget, had to sell players, worked under very extreme pressure from fans and media and I think coped well.
I do think, that a lot off supporters would be prepared for another season with DJ, remember this site is not the status quo.

and is there anyone outthere who we could get who could do a better job in what is going to be a very tight year financially.

thats just my opinion

Fri May 27, 2011 8:04 am

IF JONES STAYS WE CAN FORGET ANY HOPE OF BEING A FORCE IN THIS DIVISION. :twisted:

Fri May 27, 2011 8:28 am

Or on the positive side we will take what we have learn't and be promoted automatically next time out! it has to happen some day!!

Fri May 27, 2011 8:38 am

langley wrote:why am i happy ?
well ,every season he has been here we have got better, i know this year ended in failure but not all donw to Jones, i think the players can take a lot of the responsibility.
He has brought in good players, most of the time here had to work on a very tight budget, had to sell players, worked under very extreme pressure from fans and media and I think coped well.
I do think, that a lot off supporters would be prepared for another season with DJ, remember this site is not the status quo.

and is there anyone outthere who we could get who could do a better job in what is going to be a very tight year financially.

thats just my opinion

Not this year didn,t, we finished in the same league position as last season, but last season we bottled it at wembley, this seasons bottle job came in the playoffs!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2011 8:39 am

easternblue wrote:Or on the positive side we will take what we have learn't and be promoted automatically next time out! it has to happen some day!!

It will mate. The day we get rid of the Fat Little Slob that is Dave Jones

Fri May 27, 2011 8:49 am

Won't be happy if he stays.

Look at the other managers out there? (granted, some won't be interested)

Alan Curbishley
Chris Hughton
Martin O'Neill
Mark Robins
Roberto Di Matteo
Sam Allardyce

And at lower league clubs..

John Sheridan
Lee Clark
Karl Robinson
Gus Poyet

Fri May 27, 2011 9:38 am

I've supported dj in the past but i think its time for fresh blood.i got a feeling he will be staying and for that reason,i dont feel i got any enthusiasm for next season althought my st is paid for :cry:

Fri May 27, 2011 9:47 am

langley wrote:why am i happy ?

thats just my opinion

Jones brought the players in so the bucks stop with him.
Tight budget our wage bill is one of the highest in league so he as had a large budget.
Under pressure we are all under pressure in our jobs he is extremly well paid he alienated the fans and media by is attitude.
There are loads of mangers who would do a better a job, Lambert,Rodgers etc have worked with hugely less budgets than Jones and acheived more.
Also By bringing in loan players and destroying Matthews and letting cintracts run down he as left us with no playing assessts.

Fri May 27, 2011 10:27 am

Actually on the face of it Dave Jones seems a talented individual, he has played top flight football for Everton, has degrees in sociology and psychology, holds a PSV licence, trained as an apprentice mechanic and speaks Chinese.

Trouble is Cardiff City don't need any of that, they need a manager capable of using the vast resources given to the manager in order to get the club promoted to the Premier League and on that score he is a complete failure.