Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Was America right to drop the Bomb on Hiroshima ?

Thu May 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Watching National Geographic Hiroshima: Nuclear Apocalypse. Was America right to drop the Bomb ? Did it kill more people than it would of saved had they not used it.
IMO Japan would never of surrendered and neither would there Army,an invasion would of cost millions of lives as Japan was in the midst of the most Violent and savage era of its history.

The thread about the Rape of Nanjing proved that and in some cases with the links it was very harrowing but in my opinion America was right to use this weapon, but it was unfortunate it had to be civilian casualties.

It is very sympathetic to the inocents in this documentary but a lot more civilians was killed in Nanjing than both Hiroshima and Nagasaki put together.If the war was allowed to continue the death toll on both sides would of been massive, America had no choice to use this weapon as this enemy would rather die than surrender .
Opinions Please

Re: Was America right to drop the Bomb on Hiroshima ?

Thu May 26, 2011 10:33 pm

No they are evil

Thu May 26, 2011 10:39 pm

cardiff uber alles wrote:No they are evil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN37hNazz-E&feature=fvsr View that Chief and you tell me who truly is Evil

Thu May 26, 2011 10:55 pm

It wasn't right nukes, but it was war. Unfortunately, ethics and morals go out the window.

You're spot on I think. The Japanese were not gonna stop. Something had to be done.

Thu May 26, 2011 11:06 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:It wasn't right nukes, but it was war. Unfortunately, ethics and morals go out the window.

You're spot on I think. The Japanese were not gonna stop. Something had to be done.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. It was a tragic event and one that should never have happened because an event that causes the death of hundreds of thousands of largely innocent people should never happen. However, World War II might have taken decades to finish and millions of lives had the bombs not been dropped.

It was a torrid time in human history when a lot of mistakes were made and a lot of terrible things happened as a result of difficult decisions. It's a shame individuals are still out there having learned nothing from the events of years gone by. :(

Fri May 27, 2011 1:04 am

:old:

Fri May 27, 2011 6:48 am

Totally right, they were barbaric fuckers, and no way was they ever gonna surrender

I am making one of my own at the moment and the Puberty is my target :D need some help though i am short of a couple of materials ;)

Fri May 27, 2011 6:55 am

Bloody hell Steve, cheer up :lol: are you revising WW2 events for out trip to Poland?? I am going to have to dig out my A Level text books and have a read up!! Certainly was a Dark Period in Modern History.

Fri May 27, 2011 7:57 am

Unfortunately its the cost of war. USA tried to stay out of the war until Japan sneakily and babarically attacked them despite no real provocation.

The USA had to make a statement saying "attack us, and you get it back ten fold."

Those soldiers sleeping in their bunks at Pearl Harbour didn't deserve to die. Neither did the civilians at Hiroshima. But that's how it goes.

Fri May 27, 2011 8:13 am

They could have demonstrated it in a less populated millitary area and given them an ultimatem.Maybe saved the lives of thousands of innocent children who had nothing to do with the war.

Fri May 27, 2011 8:14 am

That's the 'burning' question!

Fri May 27, 2011 9:39 am

any killing of innocent civilians is a crime in my eyes nukes :evil:

Fri May 27, 2011 11:04 am

AHERNE wrote:any killing of innocent civilians is a crime in my eyes nukes :evil:

But how was they gonna end the war Aherne ? If they invaded even the civilians and kids were programmed to fight to the death. It was a no win situation for the USA every battle with the Japs was having massive casualties on both sides due to the Japs wanting to die than lose. In a sense the Bomb and it took two before they surrendered was the only option in a bad bad world. Remember the Japs to this Day deny any War crimes .

Fri May 27, 2011 11:42 am

There are two ways of looking at this....

The negatives were the tragic loss of massive numbers of civilain lives and the lasting devastation to a city/nation

The positives (if there could be any) were the final cessation of World War II in September 1945 (Europe had been sorted in May of the same year), the countless and pointless additional lives that were saved in further battles around the region and (in the most poignant way) the realisation that the nuclear option was so horrendous that the world needed to ensure that it NEVER happens again....

To date, a number of 'potential' threats (Cuba, the Cold War, India/Pakistan etc.) have ONLY been averted because all concerned KNOW that modern nuclear weapons are infinitely more terrible than even the two dropped on Japan....

Let's hope the world remembers the lessons of the past....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 11:45 am

They didn't mean it............

Fri May 27, 2011 11:45 am

i just don't give a rats ass :o

Fri May 27, 2011 12:03 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:i just don't give a rats ass :o

So why post Mr Wayne :D

Fri May 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

I was infact, waiting for a Jenna Haze video to download and this topic was top of the tree, I was about to write something profound and meaningful but the download finished and in the rush to remove cock from pants for impending wank i only had time to write that. :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2011 12:18 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

I was infact, waiting for a Jenna Haze video to download and this topic was top of the tree, I was about to write something profound and meaningful but the download finished and in the rush to remove cock from pants for impending wank i only had time to write that. :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri May 27, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm afraid you have to look at the bigger wwII picture. Dropping the bombs on Japan was a politcal statement to Russia - Do not advance your troops further into Germany.

Fri May 27, 2011 1:29 pm

nuclear bombs should not be used...unless its a to save Earth from an alien invasion which looks highly unlikey (unless the government are not telling us something, which they dont)

Fri May 27, 2011 1:33 pm

It was a deliberate attack on the civilian population therefore should be classed as a crime against humanity.

Fri May 27, 2011 2:05 pm

Anarch0 wrote:It was a deliberate attack on the civilian population therefore should be classed as a crime against humanity.

But if you was the Yanks Chief how would you of done it ? I think they predicted over a Million loss of life had they invaded with many Americans casualties as well. Remember just like the Germans the Japs wanted world domination.