Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who would you rather Earnshaw/ Or Jay B

Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Lets be honest earnshaws goal last night was world class and if he was Brazalian we'd be seeing repeats of it for years , if you look at his stats he has made 389 appearance in total for various clubs and scored 164 goals which is a fantastic record. He is now aged 30. In comparison Jay is 28 and has made 304 appearance and has scored 75 goals. For me personally if we could have a choice of the 2 strikers I would offload Jay he looked lazy and lacklustre since Christmas , In comparison look at earnie's work rate and endeavour and I still think could do a job for 2 seasons. :ayatollah:

Re: Who would you rather Earnshaw/ Or Jay B

Thu May 26, 2011 12:19 pm

Earnie without a shadow of a doubt :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 12:26 pm

Difficult to say considering that they play two totally different positions, what is in no dought is that earnie would run through a brick wall for cardiff city where as the waste of space jay didn,t even break a sweat for the club since november!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2011 12:52 pm

if a manager got bobthroyd back to his best that would be a quality partnership i think

Thu May 26, 2011 1:00 pm

very different players

both would be great together

Thu May 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Earnie for me. Knows what it means to play for the badge on his chest. Wouldn't mind both together though!

Thu May 26, 2011 1:19 pm

I would get Earnie back here in a heartbeat (especially if he's free!)

He possesses pasion and determination - something that is sadly lacking at our club at the moment!
OK - He's not the best in the world and he's getting on now, but he still has the pace and technical ability to do some serious damage in the championship, add that to the element of team spirit he'll bring with him.......

We've seen the effect that Bellamy has had on Cardiff City - and with Earnie as well - the belief will start to ignite amongst the fans and players again!

Obviously we need to strengthen in Midfield (as we funnily enough said this time last year!) but he is one addition that can make a difference.

Thu May 26, 2011 1:31 pm

chopra / bellamy/ parkin/ earnie would be an excellent choice for strikers. maybe throw in tyson to :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 2:32 pm

EARNIE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 3:16 pm

We couldnt afford any of them rite now so its a pipe dream atm :lol:

Thu May 26, 2011 4:15 pm

No doubt it would be Jay

Thu May 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Lets be honest earnshaws goal last night was world class and if he was Brazalian we'd be seeing repeats of it for years , if you look at his stats he has made 389 appearance in total for various clubs and scored 164 goals which is a fantastic record. He is now aged 30. In comparison Jay is 28 and has made 304 appearance and has scored 75 goals. For me personally if we could have a choice of the 2 strikers I would offload Jay he looked lazy and lacklustre since Christmas , In comparison look at earnie's work rate and endeavour and I still think could do a job for 2 seasons. :ayatollah:

neither,lets move on,new blood :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 5:41 pm

krab wrote:
Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Lets be honest earnshaws goal last night was world class and if he was Brazalian we'd be seeing repeats of it for years , if you look at his stats he has made 389 appearance in total for various clubs and scored 164 goals which is a fantastic record. He is now aged 30. In comparison Jay is 28 and has made 304 appearance and has scored 75 goals. For me personally if we could have a choice of the 2 strikers I would offload Jay he looked lazy and lacklustre since Christmas , In comparison look at earnie's work rate and endeavour and I still think could do a job for 2 seasons. :ayatollah:

But your happy with Parkin right? :|

Thu May 26, 2011 7:06 pm

ernie for free fantastic signing

Thu May 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Merlin wrote:
krab wrote:

But your happy with Parkin right? :|

parkin a good utillity player,someone to have on the bench to change a game :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 7:13 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:ernie for free fantastic signing

Earnie by a mile. I would love to see him back,,,,,,,sooner rather than later.

Thu May 26, 2011 7:16 pm

Sir Robert Earnshaw for me :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 7:24 pm

krab wrote:
krab wrote:

parkin a good utillity player,someone to have on the bench to change a game :ayatollah:

And how many games did you see him change exactly? Apart from one decent Norwich goal - he's been a bit pants really!!

Thu May 26, 2011 7:55 pm

sorry,how much game time did he get.when bothroyd was out on his feet or flat on his arse after 60 minutes why was parkin not brought on until the 85th minute,parkin gave away freekicks but won some valuable ones for us

Thu May 26, 2011 7:56 pm

krab wrote:sorry,how much game time did he get.when bothroyd was out on his feet or flat on his arse after 60 minutes why was parkin not brought on until the 85th minute,parkin gave away freekicks but won some valuable ones for us

i agree with you mate :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 8:01 pm

for the clubs sake and jays. he needs a fresh start. hes just going through the motions here :roll:

Thu May 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Earnie he's got passion for this club up :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 8:20 pm

krab wrote:sorry,how much game time did he get.when bothroyd was out on his feet or flat on his arse after 60 minutes why was parkin not brought on until the 85th minute,parkin gave away freekicks but won some valuable ones for us

and how much game time did Earnie get against Swansea - before scoring? and how many times as he done this in the past!

If Earnie WANTS to come back - #Hereinaflash!

Thu May 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Merlin wrote:

and how much game time did Earnie get against Swansea - before scoring? and how many times as he done this in the past!

If Earnie WANTS to come back - #Hereinaflash!

yep,you said it"in the past",time to move on

Fri May 27, 2011 7:41 am

But your happy with Parkin right? :|[/quote]
parkin a good utillity player,someone to have on the bench to change a game :ayatollah:[/quote][/quote]

Before Parkin came here I rated him but to be honest he has been awful since he arrived and I've seen no evidence of him coming off the bench to change games! I'm hoping that with a pre season behind him and a few more 90 minutes u der his belt he will improve but right now I'm seriously underwhelmed

Fri May 27, 2011 12:27 pm

Earnie....he has passion for the club :ayatollah: