Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sacking Dave Jones

Thu May 26, 2011 9:50 am

Why is football so different to other walks of life. Dave Jones stated that this was the best squad he'd ever had and said we should get promoted. We didn't so on his own admission he failed to do his job, even though he was backed to the hilt by his employers. Now we hear that if we want to sack him we have to pay him 800k. Look at people like social workers who have failed to do their jobs, many who have work piled onto them through cuts, they failed in their jobs, got sacked but no big pay off for them. In any ordinary job if you fail miserably like Dave Jones you'd be shown the door. C'mon Cardiff take the bull by the horns, sack him, go to court and fight the case. He's a crap man manager, he proved that by his slagging off of Matthews, that cost the club a good young player, while happily playing Naylor who was regularly making errors but never once slagging him off in public.

Re: Sacking Dave Jones

Thu May 26, 2011 9:53 am

barriboy wrote:Why is football so different to other walks of life. Dave Jones stated that this was the best squad he'd ever had and said we should get promoted. We didn't so on his own admission he failed to do his job, even though he was backed to the hilt by his employers. Now we hear that if we want to sack him we have to pay him 800k. Look at people like social workers who have failed to do their jobs, many who have work piled onto them through cuts, they failed in their jobs, got sacked but no big pay off for them. In any ordinary job if you fail miserably like Dave Jones you'd be shown the door. C'mon Cardiff take the bull by the horns, sack him, go to court and fight the case. He's a crap man manager, he proved that by his slagging off of Matthews, that cost the club a good young player, while happily playing Naylor who was regularly making errors but never once slagging him off in public.

blame Peter Ridsdale coz he gave Jones this contract ..... the original win win situation !

Thu May 26, 2011 9:48 pm

job for the boys :roll:

Thu May 26, 2011 9:58 pm

agree with your post.
i actually think i could do better, i'm wondering whether to send in a cv.