Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gavin Williams

Thu May 26, 2011 6:52 am

As many people have said on here, we need to start to bring in players who care for our club etc. After leaving Bristol City, Gavin went to Bristol Rovers til the end of the season. He's been released now and is available on a free transfer. I know Gavin well enough to know that he would run through walls to play for Cardiff City. Worth a punt in my opinion

Re: Gavin Williams

Thu May 26, 2011 6:56 am

Not good enough for a relegated league 1 side, not good enough for us.

Thu May 26, 2011 6:57 am

In truth, I would run through walls to play for Cardiff City but I'm 5 stone overweight and fuckin rubbish :lol:

Thu May 26, 2011 6:58 am

01443casual wrote:In truth, I would run through walls to play for Cardiff City but I'm 5 stone overweight and fuckin rubbish :lol:
only 5 stone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o i cant even run :D

Thu May 26, 2011 6:59 am

He's the same standard as say Jermaine Easter or OTJ ...... Gavin Rae is better !

Thu May 26, 2011 6:59 am

PhatFrog wrote:Not good enough for a relegated league 1 side, not good enough for us.

Rovers were in deep trouble before Gavin went there

I agree that if he'd been there all season you'd have a point but I also think we need to be realistic in the sort of player we're gonna end up bringing in, can't see us going for these 'premier' league reserves anymore and maybe someone like Gavin who's 100% Cardiff would be the sort of person we need to lift the mood in the camp.

Just my thoughts

Thu May 26, 2011 7:00 am

Jonesyccfc1 wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:Not good enough for a relegated league 1 side, not good enough for us.

Rovers were in deep trouble before Gavin went there

I agree that if he'd been there all season you'd have a point but I also think we need to be realistic in the sort of player we're gonna end up bringing in, can't see us going for these 'premier' league reserves anymore and maybe someone like Gavin who's 100% Cardiff would be the sort of person we need to lift the mood in the camp.

Just my thoughts
why didnt rovers keep him then????

Thu May 26, 2011 7:01 am

£££

Thu May 26, 2011 7:03 am

Jonesyccfc1 wrote:£££

So he's a greedy c**t :dontknow:

Thu May 26, 2011 7:05 am

01443casual wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i think rovers are broke, like 95% of all football teams, but i would not have thpught his wages were that high though, had a cracking laugh with him at the wurzels last year in the snow game (the 6 niller)

Thu May 26, 2011 7:06 am

and he is a Merthyr boy :o :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2011 7:09 am

01443casual wrote:

Not really but he was on a decent 'Championship' salary at City and Rovers took him til the end of the season on similar terms. Rovers have released 17 players so obviously making cutbacks at the club in a big way!

Nipsy if you spoke to Gavin you'd know how much it'd mean to him. I agree with what's been said in the thread and that he's not gonna set the world alight but if you're after commitment and loyalty from a player, he's your man

Thu May 26, 2011 7:13 am

like i said in another thread, there seems to be loads and loads of players released this year

we gonna see a lot of teams with smaller squads next year

Thu May 26, 2011 7:53 am

I work with his brother, fair play Gavin loves the city.
Not quite the standard of player we want but if we could get him on cheap wages could be a good squad player.
Im sure he would love to play for city but wouldn't we all :ayatollah: